• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Seems like 4th best odds actually gives you the best odds of picking in the top 3.

2016-Columbus moves up from 4 to 3.

2018-Montreal moves up from 4 to 3.

2020-Los Angeles moves up from 4 to 2.

And then of course there's 2019... further evidence that the league is using the lottery to screw the Wings.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

as much as I hate the fact that we, amongst others, got screwed out of the #1 pick, ask yourself, how many Stanley Cups have we won with #1 picks? 

What are the odds of dropping in the draft 4 years in a row? Also consider it was the first time in the modern draft system that the Wings were even eligible for the lottery and they don't move up or even keep their spot even once? 

To quote Ian Fleming: "Once is happenstance, twice is circumstance, three times is enemy action." We are now on the 4th time we've been screwed by a draft designed to create "parity".

I guess it's that time of year again, when I have to take time out of my day to remind everyone that the "League is trying to screw the Red Wings" narrative is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid. Here's a couple big reasons why:

• The Red Wings are one of the most popular teams in the NHL, a key source of league marketing, and one of the teams that helps keep hockey alive and thriving in non-traditional markets. Ever notice how there are more Wings fans that Coyotes fans in attendance when we play in Phoenix? Me too. So does the league, and they REALLY like that. Notice how two highly successful documentaries came out (using league copyrighted footage) in the last few years which focus heavily on the Wings? Me too. That's not an accident. Ever notice how the Red Wings feature into every promotional package the NHL puts together or how they're involved in about 10,000 "Wednesday Night Rivalry" games despite being horrible? Me too. It's because they're one of the strongest markets in the U.S.. The NHL absolutely DOES NOT want them to be bad.
  • Let's just say I was a complete dumbsh*t and I actually believed that there was a conspiracy to screw the Red Wings, I still shouldn't worry about it. Why? Because the Wings are the most successful team of the last 30 years, and one of the most successful teams in the history of the league. If there's a conspiracy, it's the LEAST successful conspiracy in history. It would be such an utter failure, conducted by the least capable conspirators, that it would be nothing to worry about.  At all. It would be suuuuuuuuch a massive failure that the cabal of people organizing this fiasco would have fired Gary Bettman (or whomever) and found newer, more successful, conspirators. And yet, they haven't. Why? Because conspiracies are stupid, and so is anyone who believes in them.
  • Finally, "the league" that everyone refers to is just the NHL owners, the commissioner, and the general managers. They make and agree upon all the rules. Are we to believe that people like the Ilitches, Holland, Yzerman, Nill, Rutherford, etc. etc. etc. are all conspiring to screw themselves or a team they have deep ties to?  Obviously not.

I realize for some of you this "conspiracy" is just a fun thing to play at. I genuinely hope that's true for every one of you. But there are at least a few idiots who genuinely think we're getting "screwed" by the league. And you people are dumb as f*ck.

There are dark forces afoot. The imternational shadow government is against us. It may not seem plausible, but these are the same people that faked the moon landing and 9/11, so it's nothing for them to rig the draft lottery. I am putting my life in danger by even mentioning them. The first to cross them was the Kennedy bros and the most recent was Jeffery Epstein. And look what happened to them.

They are funded by selling technology acquired from the gray aliens at Area 51 and freelancing for the wealthy. Want the number one pick? Don't be surprised if the NYR or Leafs get it. The 2 richest teams can afford their services.

They are extremely devious. They have actually convinced many that the earth is flat, and that wearing face coverings is more harmful than CoVid 19. There are groups who benefit from both conspiracies. I can't say who without violating the political discussion prohibition here. You'll just have to trust me. 

Be safe. Even sharing this information with you puts you in danger. Stay away from wilderness areas. I don't want the reptillians with cloaking technology to transport you thru a time portal and then blame your disappearance on the Sasquatch. It's real. Missing 411 is just scratching the surface.

Take care all. And if you never hear from me again, just know I tried to share the truth with all of you. Remember my sacrifice. Peace.

On 7/27/2020 at 5:04 PM, kipwinger said:

I guess it's that time of year again, when I have to take time out of my day to remind everyone that the "League is trying to screw the Red Wings" narrative is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid. Here's a couple big reasons why:

• The Red Wings are one of the most popular teams in the NHL, a key source of league marketing, and one of the teams that helps keep hockey alive and thriving in non-traditional markets. Ever notice how there are more Wings fans that Coyotes fans in attendance when we play in Phoenix? Me too. So does the league, and they REALLY like that. Notice how two highly successful documentaries came out (using league copyrighted footage) in the last few years which focus heavily on the Wings? Me too. That's not an accident. Ever notice how the Red Wings feature into every promotional package the NHL puts together or how they're involved in about 10,000 "Wednesday Night Rivalry" games despite being horrible? Me too. It's because they're one of the strongest markets in the U.S.. The NHL absolutely DOES NOT want them to be bad.
  • Let's just say I was a complete dumbsh*t and I actually believed that there was a conspiracy to screw the Red Wings, I still shouldn't worry about it. Why? Because the Wings are the most successful team of the last 30 years, and one of the most successful teams in the history of the league. If there's a conspiracy, it's the LEAST successful conspiracy in history. It would be such an utter failure, conducted by the least capable conspirators, that it would be nothing to worry about.  At all. It would be suuuuuuuuch a massive failure that the cabal of people organizing this fiasco would have fired Gary Bettman (or whomever) and found newer, more successful, conspirators. And yet, they haven't. Why? Because conspiracies are stupid, and so is anyone who believes in them.
  • Finally, "the league" that everyone refers to is just the NHL owners, the commissioner, and the general managers. They make and agree upon all the rules. Are we to believe that people like the Ilitches, Holland, Yzerman, Nill, Rutherford, etc. etc. etc. are all conspiring to screw themselves or a team they have deep ties to?  Obviously not.

I realize for some of you this "conspiracy" is just a fun thing to play at. I genuinely hope that's true for every one of you. But there are at least a few idiots who genuinely think we're getting "screwed" by the league. And you people are dumb as f*ck.

I think at this point... the statistical probably of what's happend to us in the draft lottery over the past 4 years clearly indicates someone has their hand on the scale.

44 minutes ago, mackel said:

I think at this point... the statistical probably of what's happend to us in the draft lottery over the past 4 years clearly indicates someone has their hand on the scale.

To me it's water under the bridge...I want a repeat of 1983 where our 4th overall pick becomes an All-Star, and HoF inductee.

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So....unlikely.

Well yeah, I agreed with that part... However, I'd say it's "likely" we get an "All-Star" calibre player at 4th overall, probably not Hall of Fame / Steve Yzerman calibre though...

Keep in mind, it's still possible that one of Stutzle or Byfield drop to 4...

2 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

I'm so scared for tomorrow.  I'm so ready for Pittsburgh to get 1st overall.

I'd prefer Pittsburgh over Toronto...

My order of preference...

1 - Edmonton - most fans would be pissed, but I like the Oilers, and would love to see Lafreniere on a line with McDavid for the next 10+ years...

2 - Winnipeg - I also like the Jets, and they were in the spot that would have won the lottery, had there not been this gimmicky second lottery...

3 / 4 - Nashville / Minnesota - Western Conference kind of irrelevant teams that could use the help...

5 - Florida - Eastern Conference kind of irrelevant team that could use the help...

6 / 7 - Pittsburgh / New York - Two teams that definitely don't need the help, Penguins because they have Crosby and Malkin, and have won 3 Cups in the past 11 years, 5 in the past 30, and the Rangers are absolutely stacked with young talent / high end prospects...

Toronto - F*** that! I will boycott the NHL if the Leafs win. I won't watch a single game next season...

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

If there truly are hockey gods, the Jets will get #1. I get physically ill at the thought of it going to Edmonton, Pittsburgh, or Toronto. 

I'm cool with any of the Jets/Preds/Wild/Rangers/Panthers...Preferably in that order.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Well yeah, I agreed with that part... However, I'd say it's "likely" we get an "All-Star" calibre player at 4th overall, probably not Hall of Fame / Steve Yzerman calibre though...

Me thinks Grand Master Y would have to play some 'Jedi Mind Tricks' in order for either of those 2 to drop to us at 4th...Certainly not impossible - however sumthin interesting will have to take place for that to happen.

47 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'm cool with any of the Jets/Preds/Wild/Rangers/Panthers...Preferably in that order.

Me thinks Grand Master Y would have to play some 'Jedi Mind Tricks' in order for either of those 2 to drop to us at 4th...Certainly not impossible - however sumthin interesting will have to take place for that to happen.

I've mentioned it before, but pretty much every single year we see a "consensus" top two or three, and every single year, one of those players drop out of the top two or three. "Something interesting" always happens, and this year it could be Drysdale or Rossi going top three. It's probably not likely that Stutzle drops, but stranger things have happened.

17 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

So does the 1st round draft order carry over to other rounds?  I'd like to think we're getting a mid 2nd rounder from Edmonton instead of a late one.

just the first round. every other round is determined by standings and playoff results.

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Unlikely

3 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

So since Edmonton technically missed the playoffs, their picking top 15 in every round?

Unless they've acquired or traded it, yes.

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

My money is on either Leafs or Pens because that will piss me off the most.

Going to think on which of those really yanks my chain for my final prediction

If the Leafs don't this lottery - they then lose their 1st round pick to Carolina when the Canes took on Marleau.

18 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That seems unlikely.

15 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So....unlikely.

9 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Unlikely

Unless they've acquired or traded it, yes.

You should have this guy in your avatar instead...

Best Palpatine Laugh GIFs | Gfycat

3 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

My money is on either Leafs or Pens because that will piss me off the most.

Going to think on which of those really yanks my chain for my final prediction

I have decided it shall be the Pens to make my misery of today's golf league and the draft on a crappy Monday