• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Craig Button suggested that if the Leafs won the draft, needing a defenceman, they could flip the #1 to Ottawa for #3 & #5, and take Drysdale at 3.     I'm going to puke no matter who wins it.   I'll be happiest with the Jets I guess.

This really sucks.

So..... about that Oilers 2nd rounder.   I keep seeing #51 on the update ?  lists, but, shouldn't it be #45 if EDM has the 14th best record?   Just a little confused.   I know it's not a huge deal... but it is lol

also on an even better note, since Toronto didn't get the #1, and they are sitting in the 13th spot, the have to surrender their pick to Carolina in the Marleau deal. The condition was if they get a top 10 pick they can opt to give them the 2021 pick.

and just to confirm this...

Edited by LeftWinger

Wow the Rags have had 2 huge jumps in the lotto in consecutive years... I wonder what that must feel like!?!

They must be as + as we are - in position the last 4 years.

Edited by mackel

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

So... which high dollar players PLUS the teams 1st round pick do we take on this off season?

Vancouver - Eriksson

St. Louis - Steen

Nashville - Turris

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Tronna?

Toronto have a lot of expensive contracts, but they don't really have any "bad" contracts that they would want to dump... unfortunately.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

That Stutzle drops to us? I disagree.

I would love for it to happen, but based on who's picking 1-3, I doubt it.

59 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Vancouver - Eriksson

St. Louis - Steen

Nashville - Turris

Toronto have a lot of expensive contracts, but they don't really have any "bad" contracts that they would want to dump... unfortunately.

Would love to get Turris. Much better option at 2c then Filppula or Nielsen.

45 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I would love for it to happen, but based on who's picking 1-3, I doubt it.

Would love to get Turris. Much better option at 2c then Filppula or Nielsen.

Larkin/Turris would be a good platoon 2C combo, in the absence of a legit 1C.

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

also on an even better note, since Toronto didn't get the #1, and they are sitting in the 13th spot, the have to surrender their pick to Carolina in the Marleau deal. The condition was if they get a top 10 pick they can opt to give them the 2021 pick.

and just to confirm this...

Canes will 100% nab Askarov

16 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Vancouver - Eriksson

St. Louis - Steen

Nashville - Turris

Ok, lets say (one of) these teams are that player and the 1st round pick to us, in your opinion what are we sending back? (just so you know Vancouver traded their 2020 1st round) New Jersey has it. (They have THREE 1st round picks!! yikes!) Also Nashville has the 11th OA pick, not sure they are gonna trade that, but maybe the 2021 1st round.

So, lets say then, since STL is the only one with a 2020 1st round pick that they'd be willing to trade, what would the return be for Steen and the 1st? Also, not that it couldn't be waived, but Steen has a NTC.

I wonder if Dallas would be willing to move Ben Bishop? He has a NMC that would have to be waived, but maybe his relationship with Yzerman would entice him to do so? I know he has 3 more years after this one left on his contract, but that could be good for us. Taking on 100% of his salary, plus the fact that it's not just a 1 year rental, we could probably easily get Dallas' 2020 1st round pick. Plus he would be a good guy to have with Bernier next season, then who knows beyond that. Also,he could be the goalie we have to protect because right now, they only G we have that will be under contract in 2021 (for the expansion draft) that would need protection is Fulcher. Everyone else becomes a UFA in 2021. It might be better than signing a UFA (big money) G. Bishop is at $4.9M for the next 3 years. Right now Dallas is sitting in the 24 spot in the draft, but if they lose in the 1st round, it could move in to the teens. The only thing is they do have $19M in cap space next season. They do have some valuable RFA's they need to re-sign, plus Janmark is a UFA. We could hope maybe they want to get into the UFA sweepstakes this year and want to clear space. Anyhow, that being said, in additition to the above idea's from our esteemed colleague KRS, I wonder what the return would be if Dallas wanted to play?

Steen + 1st for?

Bishop + 1st for?

Edited by LeftWinger