• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Here is TSN/Button's top 10. Guys, Byfield is falling to us. If Laf and Stutle go 1 and 2, Ottawa probably wanting a top 10 talent on F and D, sensing that Detroit has many holes on D, they take Drysdale at 3, leaving Byfield to us, then at 5 they take BPA at the forward position.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, CatBoyRossi said:

F. Michael,

The Red Wings has wingers: Mantha, Fabbri, Bertuzzi, Teamashov, Svechnikov, Zadina, Helm, Hirose, Smith
But there is no center after Larkin: Nobody

Rossi is a very good center and Perfetti is a poor skating winger. Draper would be very foolish to making this decision considering our bench. 

Kind regards

Hey, what up CatBoy? Glad to see some new blood coming into LGW. This place has been a dump for quite a while. I also agree with a bunch of your points, almost all of them in fact. Great minds think alike! Anyway, welcome!

3 hours ago, CatBoyRossi said:

F. Michael,

The Red Wings has wingers: Mantha, Fabbri, Bertuzzi, Teamashov, Svechnikov, Zadina, Helm, Hirose, Smith
But there is no center after Larkin: Nobody

Rossi is a very good center and Perfetti is a poor skating winger. Draper would be very foolish to making this decision considering our bench. 

Kind regards

Perfetti has high IQ/hockey sense.

Wings already have too many dumb-dumbs.

14 minutes ago, DogManPerfetti said:

Perfetti has high IQ/hockey sense.

Wings already have too many dumb-dumbs.

Totally agree. Top of the list are Mantha and Veleno. Idiots. If not for their physical tools both of these maroons would be working in a factory in some s***hole suburb of Montreal right now.

10 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

ChrisReevesLegs,

In defense Rasmussen will be a much better center because of his size, but in offense he will play in front of the net like Mantha and this is a good job for a winger to play.

Thank you

Mr. Dogman

I'm liking your name...

Perfetti is like Brian Gionta. Waste at 4th overall. 3rd round would be better. 

Montreal is very nice except in winter lol

Perfetti ftw

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So now you're debating yourself?

Yeah man. Have u not realized that most of this website is me arguing with myself? Mackel = me. CatBoy = me. Kip = me. Kickazz = me. Scott Lucidi = me. The Axe = me. Crymson = me. Mindfly = me. Rivalred = me. Im forgetting prolly 10+ others. Ur just a weird participant in this bizarre sock world ive created. Have fun.

Or maybe ur just one of my socks too?

4 hours ago, CatBoyRossi said:

ChrisReevesLegs,

In defense Rasmussen will be a much better center because of his size, but in offense he will play in front of the net like Mantha and this is a good job for a winger to play.

Thank you

Mr. Dogman

I'm liking your name...

Perfetti is like Brian Gionta. Waste at 4th overall. 3rd round would be better. 

Montreal is very nice except in winter lol

Ive never gotten a good answer as to why only wingers are allowed to play netfront on this team. Frankly i dont care which forward goes there. Forwards are forever shifting in the o zone. And the highest one needs to drop back to cover the slot in a defensive transition regardless of position. I half expect ur answer to be datsyuk and zberg never went low in the offensive zone. It would help ur point but it would be wrong. 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah man. Have u not realized that most of this website is me arguing with myself? Mackel = me. CatBoy = me. Kip = me. Kickazz = me. Scott Lucidi = me. The Axe = me. Crymson = me. Mindfly = me. Rivalred = me. Im forgetting prolly 10+ others. Ur just a weird participant in this bizarre sock world ive created. Have fun.

U forgot me dude. 

And @frankgrimes

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

I am good with any of Askarov, Drydale, Perfetti, Rossi in that order more or less. I think I said something along the lines at the start of the season, if we don't get Lafreniere or Byfield I wanted Askarov at 3 or 4th spot. Still feel the same today. 

We are going to suck for a while, may as well try to fix one hole in our prospect pool. Askarov gives as elite prospect goalie in my opinion. Hopefully one less thing to worry about 2-4 seasons from now. Good chance we are picking bottom 5 for 3-4 more seasons without any game breaking talent, I don't see that in anyone outside of Lafreniere in this this draft. 

Dysdale, my knee jerk reaction after over looking Jack Hughes. I read names like Makar and smaller version of Carlson when reading about Dysdale. Guessing them are high hopes, but it would suck to miss out on another really good D.

Perfetti and Rossi would be my "meh" pick. Good with whatever one Y think is best for us. 

I truly think if Askarov Canadian people would be saying he's top 3 easily in this draft. 

Edited by xault

21 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You don't think it's a coincedence that a new member pops up when ever you're on one of your "30 day vacations"?

On 8/21/2020 at 11:47 AM, LeftWinger said:

Here is TSN/Button's top 10. Guys, Byfield is falling to us. If Laf and Stutle go 1 and 2, Ottawa probably wanting a top 10 talent on F and D, sensing that Detroit has many holes on D, they take Drysdale at 3, leaving Byfield to us, then at 5 they take BPA at the forward position.

image.png.069f9c350d90c7fd4f01cbe0997be2df.png

Hope so... I think Perfetti is a Zadinaesque mistake in the making...

So Arizona finally got sanctioned for the illegal scouting and testing of draft eligible players. They forfeit their 2020 2nd rounder and their 2021 1st rounder. I am wondering who then gets these picks? Honestly they should be awarded to us for being the worst team, but I'm guessing they will just do a new lottery or something to see who gets these. Will be interesting.

55 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So Arizona finally got sanctioned for the illegal scouting and testing of draft eligible players. They forfeit their 2020 2nd rounder and their 2021 1st rounder. I am wondering who then gets these picks? Honestly they should be awarded to us for being the worst team, but I'm guessing they will just do a new lottery or something to see who gets these. Will be interesting.

No one gets those picks. The league can and does add compensatory picks and subtracts sanctioned draft picks.

There will only be 31 picks in the first round of the 2021 draft. If Arizona is a lottery team, that just increases the odds for everyone else in the draft lottery.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They get offered to each teams from the bottom up, only being able to choose one, Detroit will choose their 2021 1st rounder and then Ottawa takes the 2020 2nd.

...and in other news, ocean front property value in Nebraska is at all time high! www.nebraskaoceanfront.com :lol:

1 hour ago, town123 said:

I guess we would move up one spot with the Caps 2nd round pick this year, otherwise it won't affect our position. 

32-45-52?

No, the only round impacted by the elimination of teams is the 1st round. Each subsequent round is sorted by where the team finished in the regular season.  We have the #32, #45 and #58 in the 2nd round.

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No one gets those picks. The league can and does add compensatory picks and subtracts sanctioned draft picks.

There will only be 31 picks in the first round of the 2021 draft. If Arizona is a lottery team, that just increases the odds for everyone else in the draft lottery.

Right. 31 teams 31 picks. Who gets Arizonas forfeited pick is what im asking. 

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ah, my bad, I forgot about expansion. So then 32 teams 32 picks. Would like to see a lottery for Arizona's pick that's not rigged for a convenient big market team....

Actually, the 1st round will still have 31 picks because Arizona is giving up theirs.