No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Who the NHL will give Arizona's 1st rounder to

I don't see what is so confusing to you guys about this

no one

everyone moves up a spot, pre-draft lottery odds get adjusted and one sad little boy doesn't get drafted. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

no one

everyone moves up a spot, pre-draft lottery odds get adjusted and one sad little boy doesn't get drafted. 

What are you talking about. Picks don't just disappear. Do the math, what your suggesting would be unfair to every team picking ahead of Arizona in the first round that year.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What are you talking about. Picks don't just disappear. Do the math, what your suggesting would be unfair to every team picking ahead of Arizona in the first round that year.

They still pick in the same spot no? 

Also, you're right. The NHL would never do anything unfair come draft time...........

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It would be more fair than compensatory picks which pushes every team that follows down one spot. And this happens sometimes too.

It's not that hard. If the Coyotes would have picked 10th, than teams 1-9 still pick in the same spot. Their draft order is unaffected. The 11th place team now picks 10th, the 12th place team now picks 11th and so on. It's not really unfair to anyone. Picks 1-9 are still getting better players than teams 10-31, presumably.

But since the draft order for 2021 hasn't been determined yet, then most likely Arizona just won't have a ball in the hopper if they don't make the playoffs. And the teams who finish better than them will just move up one spot in the draft if they do make the playoffs.

Giving the pick to another team would be WAY more unfair.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really dont get how league can just dissapear picks. So a ton of teams just move up now? Thats fukt

But if Detroit has the first pick in the second round(very likely) that becomes another first round pick for us. Win!

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No it's still 2nd round. As if that one spot is even remotely better. Lol.

I was being sarcastic.

I dont know what game CRL is playing here. 

Edited by Akakabuto

5 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Just saw there’s a player in this years draft named Gunnarwolfe Fontaine. WANT!

I believe he was a member of the Icelandic powerhouse team that eventually fell to Gordon Bombay's Team USA in the junior Olympics final.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think this is pretty standard. I'd assume they're having multiple meetings / interviews with at least half a dozen guys in their range. I would hope they're having as many video chats with Stutzle and Raymond...

Especially before this draft when these kids havent played hockey in 6 months.