• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think this is pretty standard. I'd assume they're having multiple meetings / interviews with at least half a dozen guys in their range. I would hope they're having as many video chats with Stutzle and Raymond...

Raymond has 4 goals in 5 preseason SEL games. 

So many good players to pick from at 4. 

I think I'd rather be Ottawa then NYR heading into this draft. 

39 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Raymond has 4 goals in 5 preseason SEL games. 

So many good players to pick from at 4. 

I think I'd rather be Ottawa then NYR heading into this draft. 

For sure. As great as Lafreniere will be, I'd rather have two of Byfield / Stutzle and Raymond / Rossi / Drysdale.

Ottawa should make out like bandits in this draft...

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Perfetti would be a big mistake. Many better players will be on the board. Really hoping Yzerman isnt giving this kid the character exception bull s***. This is too important of a pick for that. 

Brutal mistake , i blame chris osgood for not just sticking with his s***ty hockey takes on tv and being co owner of saginaw . Hopefully hakan andersson really gets in yzerman’s ear , cant imagine he’s not excited about the potential of drafting raymond after years and years drafting in the 20s and trading firsts away

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Brutal mistake , i blame chris osgood for not just sticking with his s***ty hockey takes on tv and being co owner of saginaw . Hopefully hakan andersson really gets in yzerman’s ear , cant imagine he’s not excited about the potential of drafting raymond after years and years drafting in the 20s and trading firsts away

It's hilarious that you think the only reason Perfetti is getting 4th overall consideration, is because of Osgood / Devellano. Yzerman is not going to draft a player just because he plays for the team co-owned by a couple of his buddies. Whether you want to admit it or not, Perfetti and "the smurf" Rossi have the potential to be top tier, elite NHL players. Neither would be my first pick, and I'm with you in wanting one of Stutzle or Raymond, but they certainly wouldn't be bad picks.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

It's hilarious that you think the only reason Perfetti is getting 4th overall consideration, is because of Osgood / Devellano. Yzerman is not going to draft a player just because he plays for the team co-owned by a couple of his buddies. Whether you want to admit it or not, Perfetti and "the smurf" Rossi have the potential to be top tier, elite NHL players. Neither would be my first pick, and I'm with you in wanting one of Stutzle or Raymond, but they certainly wouldn't be bad picks.

If anyone was drafting 4th would we relentlessly be seeing articles anout perfetti at 4? No .. so f*** him and f*** chris osgood lol .... and ill admit to rossi being a smurf and being knocked around in the playoffs which is all i care about, i want cups not participation ribbons and smurfs dont usually excel in the post season so big time pass for me

I’d have no problem with drysdale but we have a ton of good young d prospects + we should have a good shot at one next year so pass for me its not even a question that we should be taking lucas raymond , if he had played more minutes i would say we wouldnt even have a shot at him and he’d be a top 3 pick

so for me if someone doesnt see that and he drops to us at 4 , amazing ... if not then that means our pick is stutzle or byfield which is unlikely but also good  ... anyone elseee i see as a potential pick by yzerman as much as people would hate it is askarov 

You look at how good our division is and how many teams have top notch prospects coming yzerman might be thinking the best way to beat them is building a strong d and goaltending which as much as id love raymond i wouldnt be able to argue with that outtake

Point being f*** rossi ... and definetly f*** cole perfetti .... with the 4th pick we’re taking raymond/stutzle/byfield/askarov .... you dont like my take too bad so sad

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If anyone was drafting 4th would we relentlessly be seeing articles anout perfetti at 4? No .. so f*** him and f*** chris osgood lol .... and ill admit to rossi being a smurf and being knocked around in the playoffs which is all i care about, i want cups not participation ribbons and smurfs dont usually excel in the post season so big time pass for me

I’d have no problem with drysdale but we have a ton of good young d prospects + we should have a good shot at one next year so pass for me its not even a question that we should be taking lucas raymond , if he had played more minutes i would say we wouldnt even have a shot at him and he’d be a top 3 pick

so for me if someone doesnt see that and he drops to us at 4 , amazing ... if not then that means our pick is stutzle or byfield which is unlikely but also good  ... anyone elseee i see as a potential pick by yzerman as much as people would hate it is askarov 

You look at how good our division is and how many teams have top notch prospects coming yzerman might be thinking the best way to beat them is building a strong d and goaltending which as much as id love raymond i wouldnt be able to argue with that outtake

Point being f*** rossi ... and definetly f*** cole perfetti .... with the 4th pick we’re taking raymond/stutzle/byfield/askarov .... you dont like my take too bad so sad

Yeah, Brayden "the smurf" Point is really getting knocked around in the playoffs... If only he were a little taller... Hopefully he gets the Lightning a Cup, and not just a participation ribbon... The 5"10", 165lb center is the driving force in the Bolts playoff run, and a huge reason they're likely headed to the Stanley Cup Finals...

You're such an angry individual, and all of the passive aggressive "lol"s in the world, doesn't change that...

You can have a favorite player without hating on every other player, when in all likelihood you haven't even seen any of them play live. You read a couple articles and watch a few highlight videos, or maybe even more accurate for you, read their bio, and you're an expert...

But yeah, f*** Perfetti, and f*** Osgood for being part of the team that Perfetti plays for...

36 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, Brayden "the smurf" Point is really getting knocked around in the playoffs... If only he were a little taller... Hopefully he gets the Lightning a Cup, and not just a participation ribbon... The 5"10", 165lb center is the driving force in the Bolts playoff run, and a huge reason they're likely headed to the Stanley Cup Finals...

You're such an angry individual, and all of the passive aggressive "lol"s in the world, doesn't change that...

You can have a favorite player without hating on every other player, when in all likelihood you haven't even seen any of them play live. You read a couple articles and watch a few highlight videos, or maybe even more accurate for you, read their bio, and you're an expert...

But yeah, f*** Perfetti, and f*** Osgood for being part of the team that Perfetti plays for...

Isnt point taller ? And correct me if im wrong but isnt he injured? Missing games in the playoffs ? Smurfs get knocked out . Yes if tampa wins the cup itll be only cause of point and not kucheov,hedman,vasilevsky etc... get real 

cool you mention brayden point like there’s a ton of 5’9 forwards dominating the post season every year ... most dissapear , you want to waste a #4 pick on a 5’9 good for you , id rather not ... surprise surprise difference of opinion once again which is fine by me

Like you pretending to watch every single griffins game and making yourself out to be an expert about every redwings prospects ? The f*** outta here with your bs 

And again perfetti  would not be talked about constantly at 4 if it were another team picking ... again you got your take and i got mine ... this was nice 

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Isnt point taller ? And correct me if im wrong but isnt he injured? Missing games in the playoffs ? Smurfs get knocked out . Yes if tampa wins the cup itll be only cause of point and not kucheov,hedman,vasilevsky etc... get real 

5'10", 165lbs, 24 years old vs. 5'9", 185lbs, 18 years old. What matters more? The one inch or 20lbs? Yup, because I said "only because of Point"... Of course others have been contributors, but if Tampa wins the Cup, Point will absolutely be in the running for the Conn Smythe.

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

cool you mention brayden point like there’s a ton of 5’9 forwards dominating the post season every year ... most dissapear , you want to waste a #4 pick on a 5’9 good for you , id rather not ... surprise surprise difference of opinion once again which is fine by me

No, I didn't mention Point like there's a ton of small forwards dominating the post season every year. I mentioned Point because small skilled forwards can dominate the post season every year.

What the f*** are you talking about? I never said I wanted Rossi at 4. In fact, I said I agree with you on wanting one of Stutzle or Raymond. I simply said he's an option, and Yzerman should be exploring every option.

I'm not as high on Rossi either, but to call him a "smurf" and say "f*** him", "f*** this", "f*** that", just because you're upset that Yzerman may be considering him, is f***ed up...

Like you pretending to watch every single griffins game and making yourself out to be an expert about every redwings prospects ? The f*** outta here with your bs 

For about two or three seasons straight I watched about 60 or so Griffins games. That was like 5 years ago. Since then, I've probably only watched 60 or so games total. I haven't been able to watch near as much as I once was. But yeah, this is all just a giant ruse to make a bunch of random people on a hockey forum think I'm cool...

And again perfetti  would not be talked about constantly at 4 if it were another team picking ... again you got your take and i got mine ... this was nice 

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

5'10", 165lbs, 24 years old vs. 5'9", 185lbs, 18 years old. What matters more? The one inch or 20lbs? Yup, because I said "only because of Point"... Of course others have been contributors, but if Tampa wins the Cup, Point will absolutely be in the running for the Conn Smythe.

No, I didn't mention Point like there's a ton of small forwards dominating the post season every year. I mentioned Point because small skilled forwards can dominate the post season every year.

What the f*** are you talking about? I never said I wanted Rossi at 4. In fact, I said I agree with you on wanting one of Stutzle or Raymond. I simply said he's an option, and Yzerman should be exploring every option.

I'm not as high on Rossi either, but to call him a "smurf" and say "f*** him", "f*** this", "f*** that", just because you're upset that Yzerman may be considering him, is f***ed up...

For about two or three seasons straight I watched about 60 or so Griffins games. That was like 5 years ago. Since then, I've probably only watched 60 or so games total. I haven't been able to watch near as much as I once was. But yeah, this is all just a giant ruse to make a bunch of random people on a hockey forum think I'm cool...

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Again ... this was nice 

Picking Perfetti, as I've said before, is 2000s Oilers type bafoonery.  Is he a legit prospect sure... but if the tipping point is a connection to the state and a connection to a former teammate and not something in his game, then we're doomed.

I'd like one of Stuzle, Byfield (if available) or if not Rossi, Drysdale, Raymond.

A pro coach I know personally raved about Rossi.

7 hours ago, mackel said:

Picking Perfetti, as I've said before, is 2000s Oilers type bafoonery.  Is he a legit prospect sure... but if the tipping point is a connection to the state and a connection to a former teammate and not something in his game, then we're doomed.

I'd like one of Stuzle, Byfield (if available) or if not Rossi, Drysdale, Raymond.

A pro coach I know personally raved about Rossi.

Yeah, this is totally it. I wouldn't even be shocked if Yzerman didn't bother watch him play. I mean, the connections are just too much to pass up on... We all know the ONLY reason Perfetti is being considered at 4, is because Devellano and Osgood are co-owners of the team... It's not like Perfetti is an extremely skilled center, with off the charts hockey IQ...

Again, Perfetti (or Rossi) wouldn't be my first choice(s) at 4, but to pretend that (t)he(y) would be this colossal failure, is absurd...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, this is totally it. I wouldn't even be shocked if Yzerman didn't bother watch him play. I mean, the connections are just too much to pass up on... We all know the ONLY reason Perfetti is being considered at 4, is because Devellano and Osgood are co-owners of the team... It's not like Perfetti is an extremely skilled center, with off the charts hockey IQ...

Again, Perfetti (or Rossi) wouldn't be my first choice(s) at 4, but to pretend that (t)he(y) would be this colossal failure, is absurd...

Most scouts, and TSN panel members rave about his hockey IQ - then there's criticism about his skating.

He can work on his core/lower body strength over the next few years which would most likely improve his skating deficiencies.

Guys like AA, and Helm are fast - no doubt about that, but both lack the hands/smarts/creativity.

6 minutes ago, DogManPerfetti said:

Most scouts, and TSN panel members rave about his hockey IQ - then there's criticism about his skating.

He can work on his core/lower body strength over the next few years which would most likely improve his skating deficiencies.

Guys like AA, and Helm are fast - no doubt about that, but both lack the hands/smarts/creativity.

There are also scouts and draft analysts that believe his "skating deficiencies" are vastly overstated. He's certainly not the strongest skater in the draft, nor will he ever be, but skating is a skill that can be worked on and improved over time. And by all accounts, he is aware of that weakness in his game, and working hard / improving.

The one hockey trait that I believe is unteachable, a player either has it or they don't, is hockey IQ. A player can have all the skill in the world, but without the brain for the game, they'll never reach their full potential. Sure there are different fundamentals that can be taught, but that elite hockey IQ, which Perfetti has, cannot.

I want a center that plays like a center. I don't want a "center" who doesn't even play that position consistently and is kinda weak and kinda slow. I genuinely don't think Pefetti will play C at the NHL level without significantly more development. We're talking years. The kid looks like a tadpole and the creative part of his game, while significant, tends to get negated without decent skating. Look at Casey Mitelstadt (a guy I was VERY high on). He was supposedly an cerebral, offensive, dynamo too. But he was under developed and couldn't dipsy doodle around the ice in the NHL the way he was accustomed to. So now he's back in the AHL indefinitely trying to learn how to play like a professional center. And he was much bigger and faster than Perfetti.

I think Perfetti is a talented player and might be a top five talent on offensive skill alone. But I think he falls on draft day. Maybe a team with a very long developmental curve picks him in the 8-12 range, but there are significant concerns about picking that kid for me.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I want a center that plays like a center. I don't want a "center" who doesn't even play that position consistently and is kinda weak and kinda slow. I genuinely don't think Pefetti will play C at the NHL level without significantly more development. We're talking years. The kid looks like a tadpole and the creative part of his game, while significant, tends to get negated without decent skating. Look at Casey Mitelstadt (a guy I was VERY high on). He was supposedly an cerebral, offensive, dynamo too. But he was under developed and couldn't dipsy doodle around the ice in the NHL the way he was accustomed to. So now he's back in the AHL indefinitely trying to learn how to play like a professional center. And he was much bigger and faster than Perfetti.

I think Perfetti is a talented player and might be a top five talent on offensive skill alone. But I think he falls on draft day. Maybe a team with a very long developmental curve picks him in the 8-12 range, but there are significant concerns about picking that kid for me.

Totally fair evaluation. I bet you could do the same for any of the other 4 or 5 options available in the 4 spot though. Which is why falling outside the top 3 on lotto day was such a ******* bummer. 

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Totally fair evaluation. I bet you could do the same for any of the other 4 or 5 options available in the 4 spot though. Which is why falling outside the top 3 on lotto day was such a ******* bummer. 

I mean sure, each player is going to have strengths and weaknesses. But if I were a betting man I'd say Rossi, Holtz, and Sanderson hit the NHL sooner than Perfetti, Raymond, and Drysdale. Of the bunch I like Rossi the most, obviously, because I think he does more things at a high level than the rest, but he's not without flaws too. 

The other thing I'd say is that all of these guys are going to physically change, a lot, over the next few years. Even really big kids, like Mantha, grow much bigger after they're drafted. But they don't change much relative to their peers. So a short, slight, player can bulk up, but he'll still be shorter and slighter than the rest of the draft class because they're all gonna grow too. Perfetti is always going to be shorter and slighter than the average. His skating will probably always be behind his peers too. The question becomes, does additional size, strength, development give him enough of each that they are no longer a significant disadvantage and he'll be able to execute his game at the highest level? I don't know with Perfetti, but I do have doubts because it seems to me that his game is almost entirely dependent on being smarter and more skilled than his opponents. There doesn't seem to be much more to his game. In the NHL he's going to play against guys who are as smart of skilled as him every single night.

47 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

There are people with a lot more insight and knowledge on all of these prospects than you or I, that aren't convinced that Rossi will translate to the NHL as a center either. 

51 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think Perfetti is a talented player and might be a top five talent on offensive skill alone. But I think he falls on draft day. Maybe a team with a very long developmental curve picks him in the 8-12 range, but there are significant concerns about picking that kid for me.

I highly doubt he drops that far, but I'd be okay with him dropping out of the top 5.

21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I mean sure, each player is going to have strengths and weaknesses. But if I were a betting man I'd say Rossi, Holtz, and Sanderson hit the NHL sooner than Perfetti, Raymond, and Drysdale. Of the bunch I like Rossi the most, obviously, because I think he does more things at a high level than the rest, but he's not without flaws too. 

Why does this matter? We shouldn't be in any rush on any of these guys, and NHL readiness should never be a factor in drafting.

23 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The other thing I'd say is that all of these guys are going to physically change, a lot, over the next few years. Even really big kids, like Mantha, grow much bigger after they're drafted. But they don't change much relative to their peers. So a short, slight, player can bulk up, but he'll still be shorter and slighter than the rest of the draft class because they're all gonna grow too. Perfetti is always going to be shorter and slighter than the average. His skating will probably always be behind his peers too. The question becomes, does additional size, strength, development give him enough of each that they are no longer a significant disadvantage and he'll be able to execute his game at the highest level? I don't know with Perfetti, but I do have doubts because it seems to me that his game is almost entirely dependent on being smarter and more skilled than his opponents. There doesn't seem to be much more to his game.

Umm what? Physical development is rarely ever linear from one player to another. All players develop and mature at different rates. Some players will grow up to six inches after being drafted, others may not grow at all. Some players will gain 30lbs after being drafted, others might only gain 5.

Also, why would you assume his skating would always be behind his peers? I wouldn't even say it's that far behind now...

31 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

In the NHL he's going to play against guys who are as smart of skilled as him every single night.

This probably isn't true either. If his hockey IQ is so off the charts as so many scouts seem to believe, he's probably already ahead of a lot of NHLers in that area already.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

There are people with a lot more insight and knowledge on all of these prospects than you or I, that aren't convinced that Rossi will translate to the NHL as a center either. 

I highly doubt he drops that far, but I'd be okay with him dropping out of the top 5.

Why does this matter? We shouldn't be in any rush on any of these guys, and NHL readiness should never be a factor in drafting.

Umm what? Physical development is rarely ever linear from one player to another. All players develop and mature at different rates. Some players will grow up to six inches after being drafted, others may not grow at all. Some players will gain 30lbs after being drafted, others might only gain 5.

Also, why would you assume his skating would always be behind his peers? I wouldn't even say it's that far behind now...

This probably isn't true either. If his hockey IQ is so off the charts as so many scouts seem to believe, he's probably already ahead of a lot of NHLers in that area already.

Paragraph 1: Which people?

Paragraph 2: Okay

Paragraph 3: Because I don't want the team to be terrible for 3 or 4 more years before they start to improve.

Paragraph 4: You're talking about outliers. I acknowledge outliers exist but most players don't grow 6 inches or zero inches. Most grow a few. Same with weight.

Paragraph 5: Because everyone else has just as much potential to improve their skating as he does. He won't be developing in a vacuum.

Paragraph 6: I'm skeptical that his understanding of the game is any better than Crosby, Bergeron, Eichel, Matthews, Backstrom, Girioux, Barkov, Malkin, Tavares, Point, Aho, etc. etc. etc. And those are just the top guys in the Eastern Conference. I don't see some sort of Gretzky-esque IQ out of him that those others lack.