• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

42 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Scott Wheeler from the athletic is saying wings are between Perfetti and Raymond. I dont care for either. Would take Drysdale or Rossi if i had my hands on the wheel. 

Sens have the best draft position. LA makes the Byfield Stutz decision for them then they get a 5th. Thats their interesting pick. Could even get Drysdale with it.

I really like Raymond’s game, but I want a center at 4.

16 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

I want a top line player not a 2C and thats where i see rossi/perfetti ... if for whatever reason we want to be stupid and dismiss lucas than i say f*** drysdale/sanderson with our d pool being strong and next year’s crop being great and trade a few spots back and land a 2nd and get the elite goalie ... i know its not a popular pick here but thats where im headed

byfield/stutzle/raymond/askarov ... we leave with anyone else but one of those guys with a 4 pick ill be pissed, we cant afford to  f*** up this pick 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

34 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I want a top line player not a 2C and thats where i see rossi/perfetti ... if for whatever reason we want to be stupid and dismiss lucas than i say f*** drysdale/sanderson with our d pool being strong and next year’s crop being great and trade a few spots back and land a 2nd and get the elite goalie ... i know its not a popular pick here but thats where im headed

byfield/stutzle/raymond/askarov ... we leave with anyone else but one of those guys with a 4 pick ill be pissed, we cant afford to  f*** up this pick 

Im real keen on askarov. If we could move back for him and another pick i wouldnt conplain. Not likely though. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Scott Wheeler from the athletic is saying wings are between Perfetti and Raymond. I dont care for either. Would take Drysdale or Rossi if i had my hands on the wheel. 

Sens have the best draft position. LA makes the Byfield Stutz decision for them then they get a 5th. Thats their interesting pick. Could even get Drysdale with it.

I'd also prefer Raymond over Perfetti, but would be okay with him as well. 

Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi / Perfetti, Drysdale, Holtz, in that order for me. Anyone else and I'm varying degrees of disappointed...

1 hour ago, BringBack19 said:

Best player available, and in my opinion, that's Raymond (outside of the top 3).

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd also prefer Raymond over Perfetti, but would be okay with him as well. 

Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi / Perfetti, Drysdale, Holtz, in that order for me. Anyone else and I'm varying degrees of disappointed...

Best player available, and in my opinion, that's Raymond (outside of the top 3).

I never said he wasn’t. If our scouts/Yzerman think he is a future Kucherov type, and Rossi is a 2c then for sure BPA. If talent between the guys is close then positioning should be important. Adding a very good second line center, ala Larkin, is astronomically more important then adding another Mantha/Zadina type. 

34 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

I never said he wasn’t. If our scouts/Yzerman think he is a future Kucherov type, and Rossi is a 2c then for sure BPA. If talent between the guys is close then positioning should be important. Adding a very good second line center, ala Larkin, is astronomically more important then adding another Mantha/Zadina type. 

IF the talent between two players is close, sure, position should be considered, but so should a lot of other factors as well. Hockey IQ, compete level, handedness, etc. are all just as important as position in my opinion. Especially when you consider, the only real lock to stay at center at the NHL level is Byfield. We've all heard questions of whether or not each of Stutzle, Rossi, Perfetti will be centers or wingers in the NHL.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Im real keen on askarov. If we could move back for him and another pick i wouldnt conplain. Not likely though. 

I want one of those forwards and think we should get one of them if not the goalie is the best route considering how elite hes suppose to be and how much great goaltending we’ll need to compete in the east.... i really wish we were in ottawa’s shoes f***

that being said i can totally see yzerman not giving two s***s and picking askarov ,if that happens it wouldnt shock me in the slightest 

56 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

If were picking 4th overall we shouldnt be content picking a guy we think will be a 2nd liner if your in the top 10 you should always go for a homerun pick .... if your not sure your guy can be a top line player get the #1 goalie , or get that 1st pairing dman that can play 25 mins a night ... dont get a nice 2nd liner who can get 50-60 pts , not with a 4th overall selection thats just my opinion

My hope is that we get a center at #4, and then swing a bit for the fences with our 2nd rounders in terms of skill. There's a good chance that either of Poirier or Lapierre fall that far, and both are high risk high reward types. Then I'd target Khusnutdinov, Weisblatt, Smilanci, or Mysak with my remaining second rounders.

If we walk away with any 3 of these guys I'm extremely happy with the draft. Any more than 3 and I'm probably Yzerman's newest fanboy.

People are sleeping on Jeremie Poirier. He's probably the defenseman most like a Makar or Hughes in the draft. Those guys are putting up gaudy numbers so everyone conveniently forgets they're abysmal defensively. That's basically what Poirier projects as. A modern day Mike Green. I'd love that guy at 32.

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

People are sleeping on Jeremie Poirier. He's probably the defenseman most like a Makar or Hughes in the draft. Those guys are putting up gaudy numbers so everyone conveniently forgets they're abysmal defensively. That's basically what Poirier projects as. A modern day Mike Green. I'd love that guy at 32.

Been checking out a lot of the guys you’ve been mentioning. Good stuff. Myself don’t know a whole lot about the guys being ranked outside of the first round. I usually read up on them after we draft them.

It really sucks that the draft is on a weekday this year. Probably gonna miss the whole thing. 

Edited by Akakabuto

17 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Been checking out a lot of the guys you’ve been mentioning. Good stuff. Myself don’t know a whole lot about the guys being ranked outside of the first round. I usually read up on them after we draft them.

It really sucks that the draft is on a weekday this year. Probably gonna miss the whole thing. 

If we were in a different stage of our rebuild, or if we already had different pieces in place, then I'd be advocating for different guys. But one commonality between fans, hockey pundits, and the team management alike seems to be that we need more game breaking talent. People keep saying that we have really good, but not spectacular, pieces in guys like Veleno, Ras, Berggren, Mastrosimone, McIsaac, etc. But according to most we don't have gamebreakers. Poirier has that kind of upside. High risk, high reward. I wouldn't use a top 20 pick on him. But if he falls to the 2nd round I think we'd be crazy not to give him a long look.

I love two-way workhorses. Guys like Larkin, Bert, Veleno, Ras, Seider, Hronek, are the guys you lean on heavily when games matter. But you've also got to have a few of those guys that just generate offense on a different level. Mantha is that. So is Zadina. Hopefully whomever we take a 4th will be that too. But I'd like to see one or two guys like that on the back end.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

If we were in a different stage of our rebuild, or if we already had different pieces in place, then I'd be advocating for different guys. But one commonality between fans, hockey pundits, and the team management alike seems to be that we need more game breaking talent. People keep saying that we have really good, but not spectacular, pieces in guys like Veleno, Ras, Berggren, Mastrosimone, McIsaac, etc. But according to most we don't have gamebreakers. Poirier has that kind of upside. High risk, high reward. I wouldn't use a top 20 pick on him. But if he falls to the 2nd round I think we'd be crazy not to give him a long look.

I love two-way workhorses. Guys like Larkin, Bert, Veleno, Ras, Seider, Hronek, are the guys you lean on heavily when games matter. But you've also got to have a few of those guys that just generate offense on a different level. Mantha is that. So is Zadina. Hopefully whomever we take a 4th will be that too. But I'd like to see one or two guys like that on the back end.

Agree. Boom or bust!

On 9/23/2020 at 9:08 PM, BringBack19 said:

I thought someone said Zadina is the new Kucherov because they both we the bed when they were 7 or something.

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

We've not seen anything to date that would make that plausible let alone probable.  His performance has been "meh", middling, run of the mill, etc.  I know I'm known for the Zadina is a bust line (which he is) but let's assume I'm wrong (which I'm not), to deem him a game breaker based on what we've seen so far is flat out ridiculous.

39 minutes ago, mackel said:

We've not seen anything to date that would make that plausible let alone probable.  His performance has been "meh", middling, run of the mill, etc.  I know I'm known for the Zadina is a bust line (which he is) but let's assume I'm wrong (which I'm not), to deem him a game breaker based on what we've seen so far is flat out ridiculous.

I was simply saying that he's not a two-way player. That, like Mantha, he's exclusively there for his offense. I was suggesting that drafting Poirier, a guy who is also known for his defensive shortcomings, may give us a player with "game breaking" talent.

43 minutes ago, mackel said:

Well, "we've not seen anything to date" that would indicate he's a bust either. 

Again, I keep reverting to facts here, but 8G 15 points in 28 for a 20 year old rookie ain't bad at all. 

17 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I was simply saying that he's not a two-way player. That, like Mantha, he's exclusively there for his offense. I was suggesting that drafting Poirier, a guy who is also known for his defensive shortcomings, may give us a player with "game breaking" talent.

Fair!

https://thehockeywriters.com/2020-nhl-draft-emptying-top-prospects-notebook/

Yzerman has spoken with Rossi 3 times now. Rossi says the talks have been positive. All via zoom with no camera on (power move, or stevie is in his underwear at home) No word if Stevie asked him about his marijuana habits. 

IMO, if the top three go LAF, Stutzle, Byfield, then Yzerman should take either Raymond or Drysdale. I also would not be angry at Rossi or Perfetti, but from everything I read, Raymond is ahead of those two when it comes to being NHL ready. I know they say that the 2021 draft is D loaded, so maybe will be a top (bottom 10) team again and get us a D man then. But having three picks in the 2nd round, one of them being the 32nd overall, if Yzerman waited for a D then, he is going to get a 1st round caliber player there as well. I can also see him making a deal with a cap hell team and possibly getting into the 10-15 range and scoring Sanderson. 

Or maybe Yzerman helps Tampa out with salary by taking one of Palat or Kilhorn off their hands and pries Cal Foote away as compensation...but that is for the other thread!

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

IMO, if the top three go LAF, Stutzle, Byfield, then Yzerman should take either Raymond or Drysdale. I also would not be angry at Rossi or Perfetti, but from everything I read, Raymond is ahead of those two when it comes to being NHL ready. I know they say that the 2021 draft is D loaded, so maybe will be a top (bottom 10) team again and get us a D man then. But having three picks in the 2nd round, one of them being the 32nd overall, if Yzerman waited for a D then, he is going to get a 1st round caliber player there as well. I can also see him making a deal with a cap hell team and possibly getting into the 10-15 range and scoring Sanderson. 

Or maybe Yzerman helps Tampa out with salary by taking one of Palat or Kilhorn off their hands and pries Cal Foote away as compensation...but that is for the other thread!

I just pray raymond keeps torching it up to save us from our own stupidities and hakan andersson chokes out yzerman on draft night and puts on an yzerman mask and we’re all wondering why the f*** yzerman sounds swedish when we draft raymond 

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Raymond is ranking in the top 5 for a lot of NHL final draft lists. In some he is lower, but he is a kid playing in a mans league over there. Any ONE of him, Drysdale, Rossi or Perfetti and we have ourselves a helluva future NHL'er.

Every legit prospect rankings list I've seen has either Raymond or Perfetti in the 4 spot. 

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Fixed it

Your tears will be real on Oct 6 my friend.