• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, mackel said:

@nyqvististhefuture, he's a douchbag who can't imagine people may not share his point of view... that's been my experience :sleepy:

Ha , my experience is im a douchebag cause i dont agree with ppl here or the experts ... how dare i have my own opinion? Anyways i dont care 

im a douchebag , zadina will be good ... see i dont agree with you ... thus le douchebag

5 hours ago, mackel said:

Stop mentioning me every time you want to criticize someone.

Also, there is literally nothing pointing in the opposite direction... the injuries are stacking up faster than goals for ole Zagina.

#GFYkrsmith17

Makel actually looks at Zadina's numbers. Thinks. 

Ah. I got it! Injuries!!! THAT's why he's a bust now. It was injuries all along. 

Look, I can't speak for Mackel but I do think that he's not entirely wrong. Imagine if, as is the case, Byfield and Stutzle were hyped all year long getting comparisons to guys like Kopitar and Kane. And then imagine one of those guys falling to you and him not being anything close to a Kopitar or Kane. That's the story with Zadina.

There were times in his draft year when people were genuinely debating whether he was a better player than Svechnikov. It seems absured now, but it actually happened. And then he fell, we got him thinking he was a Svechnikov level talent, and he simply isn't. So it's not unreasonable to think that the system that built this kid up (and into a "star" in the making) has failed fans of teams like the Red Wings. And I don't think it's unreasonable for guys like Mackel to think, "this isn't what we were told we were getting. This guy sucks.".

9 hours ago, CatBoyRossi said:

He thought brendan smith was the next lidstrom. Hes basically a joke poster. 

Why are you still trying to disguise your writing style? You're not fooling anyone. Everyone knows you're the same dumbass known as number9 / CRL...

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Look, I can't speak for Mackel but I do think that he's not entirely wrong. Imagine if, as is the case, Byfield and Stutzle were hyped all year long getting comparisons to guys like Kopitar and Kane. And then imagine one of those guys falling to you and him not being anything close to a Kopitar or Kane. That's the story with Zadina.

There were times in his draft year when people were genuinely debating whether he was a better player than Svechnikov. It seems absured now, but it actually happened. And then he fell, we got him thinking he was a Svechnikov level talent, and he simply isn't. So it's not unreasonable to think that the system that built this kid up (and into a "star" in the making) has failed fans of teams like the Red Wings. And I don't think it's unreasonable for guys like Mackel to think, "this isn't what we were told we were getting. This guy sucks.".

So you think it's reasonable to look at Zadina, and think Svechnikov or bust? That's the worst rationale I've heard yet... So if Svechnikov is a 90-100 point winger, and Zadina, picked 4 spots after him, is only a 70-80 point winger, it's reasonable to consider him a bust?

The issue I have with mackel calling Zadina a bust, is that he was calling him a bust since the day we drafted him. Based on absolutely nothing. And he's too proud to admit he was wrong, so he's going to continue to run this into the ground.

Zadina will be a legitimate top six winger, and that's not a bust at 6th overall, no matter how you want to spin it.

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Jesus. We all know about your disdain for prospect hype by the media. But that's not really an explanation or excuse for this Zadina dumbfukery. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Jesus. We all know about your disdain for prospect hype by the media. But that's not really an explanation or excuse for this Zadina dumbfukery. 

You can dismiss it all you want, that's fine. But I do think there's merit to it. I don't think Zadina sucks (though it's pretty fun to get everybody all riled up), but he's not as good as he was constantly made out to be and that might be why people are disappointed in his development thus far.

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You can dismiss it all you want, that's fine. But I do think there's merit to it. I don't think Zadina sucks (though it's pretty fun to get everybody all riled up), but he's not as good as he was constantly made out to be and that might be why people are disappointed in his development thus far.

There's nothing to be disappointed by his development thus far. He's right on track, or even further ahead of other 5th/6th overall picks in most years. I don't give a s*** how good or bad hockey media "made him out to be" pre-draft. He's been very good since an understandably slow start to his pro career, and will continue to get better. There's absolutely nothing as of yet, to come close to suggesting that he's a bust.

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

There's nothing to be disappointed by his development thus far. He's right on track, or even further ahead of other 5th/6th overall picks in most years. I don't give a s*** how good or bad hockey media "made him out to be" pre-draft. He's been very good since an understandably slow start to his pro career, and will continue to get better. There's absolutely nothing as of yet, to come close to suggesting that he's a bust.

You realize that when Mackel says Zadina is a "bust" it's just to rile you up right? At the risk of exposing Mackel's world class trolling here a bit, I feel like you should know. Matter of fact, he'll probably deny that's he's trolling you after he reads this, specifically so he can troll you more. My guess is that his true feelings about Zadina are something along the lines of "He's not as good a player as I thought we were getting when we drafted him". But the minute he throws that "bust" hook out there you gobble it up.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You realize that when Mackel says Zadina is a "bust" it's just to rile you up right? At the risk of exposing Mackel's world class trolling here a bit, I feel like you should know. Matter of fact, he'll probably deny that's he's trolling you after he reads this, specifically so he can troll you more. My guess is that his true feelings about Zadina are something along the lines of "He's not as good a player as I thought we were getting when we drafted him". But the minute he throws that "bust" hook out there you gobble it up.

I think you missed the part about him calling Zadina a bust on draft day. 

I absolutely think mackel is a troll, but I also think he truly believes in his heart of hearts that "Zadina is a bust", and will end up in Europe in a couple years...

If this is an elaborate attempt to piss off myself and others here... :thumbup: Great job mackel! I don't buy it though, and I wouldn't give him the easy out. When he is inevitably proven wrong, he can just say "durr I was just f***ing with you"...

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah. I don't think he's that smart actually. I've seen much better troll jobs from CRL and even you. LOL But what do I know. You're probably all the same person or something. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

35 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think you missed the part about him calling Zadina a bust on draft day. 

I absolutely think mackel is a troll, but I also think he truly believes in his heart of hearts that "Zadina is a bust", and will end up in Europe in a couple years...

If this is an elaborate attempt to piss off myself and others here... :thumbup: Great job mackel! I don't buy it though, and I wouldn't give him the easy out. When he is inevitably proven wrong, he can just say "durr I was just f***ing with you"...

If you really believe all this then why do you bother? Who cares?

On 9/27/2020 at 10:53 AM, krsmith17 said:

I finally got around to watching this... If you haven't watched, you haven't missed much...

They did a mock draft and they all had the top three going Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle except Trev. He had Byfield dropping to Detroit. Ken Kal had the Wings taking Rossi, Art had the Wings taking Holtz, and Ken Daniels had the Wings taking Drysdale. I was surprised that there was no real conversation about Raymond (who may challenge for 3rd overall) or Perfetti (who has been heavily linked to Detroit)...

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I finally got around to watching this... If you haven't watched, you haven't missed much...

They did a mock draft and they all had the top three going Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle except Trev. He had Byfield dropping to Detroit. Ken Kal had the Wings taking Rossi, Art had the Wings taking Holtz, and Ken Daniels had the Wings taking Drysdale. I was surprised that there was no real conversation about Raymond (who may challenge for 3rd overall) or Perfetti (who has been heavily linked to Detroit)...

Art is an idiot so no surprise there. Also, no chance Raymond goes top 3. I'll be surprised if he goes top 5.

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Art is an idiot so no surprise there. Also, no chance Raymond goes top 3. I'll be surprised if he goes top 5.

I wouldn't say no chance. There are people that believe he's a top three talent in this draft. There have also been Raymond links to Ottawa (likely 5th though).

I also wouldn't be quick to call Art an idiot for that selection. It wouldn't shock me at all if Yzerman went "off the board" and took Holtz. Best goal scorer in the draft, and to be honest, I wouldn't hate that pick at all.

Leave it to the sens to have possibly two franchise players in the top 5 and deciding to possibly trade one 

dorion - man we’re gonna be so good eugene!

melnyk - how good?are these guys going to be star players?

dorion - fingers crossed!

melnyk - two 8-10mill guys and tkachuk? Trade one

On 9/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, krsmith17 said:

Byfield dropping to fourth? I wish. I know he has two more seasons of eligibility in Sudbury including an overage season, but no way he's coming back. If he isn't in the NHL this season i'll be surprised. Kid is a force offensively, quick skater, and doesn't shy away from the rough stuff. If he can't get around you, he'll move you. 6'5 215 right now and he'll put on more weight.

And yes, that entire show was pure boredom.

Edited by chaps80