• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Not the same as tyler , draper’s kid is ranked 186 north american skater . There’s a good chance he wont be drafted and we can just send him an invite . I’d be voting for that. We shouldnt just be drafting every kid who’s dad played for the wings

It's pretty much exactly the same actually... Bertuzzi was ranked 207th amongst North American skaters, and people flipped out because we drafted him 58th overall "just because he's Todd's nephew", not knowing a damn thing about Tyler as a hockey player.

I'm not advocating drafting Draper in the 2nd round. Like I said, I wouldn't mind using a late round pick on him, and if they do, maybe just assume they know what they're doing, rather than "just because he's Kris' son"...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It's pretty much exactly the same actually... Bertuzzi was ranked 207th amongst North American skaters, and people flipped out because we drafted him 58th overall "just because he's Todd's nephew", not knowing a damn thing about Tyler as a hockey player.

I'm not advocating drafting Draper in the 2nd round. Like I said, I wouldn't mind using a late round pick on him, and if they do, maybe just assume they know what they're doing, rather than "just because he's Kris' son"...

Well if they think hes worth a flyer on a later pick , sure . I’d be hesitant to draft him just cause the guy next to me on draft day is like a close friend . We sent out invites to lidstrom/chelios’s kids so id have np with that

Again , if they think he can actually play , with a late pick sure 

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well if they think hes worth a flyer on a later pick , sure . I’d be hesitant to draft him just cause the guy next to me on draft day is like a close friend . We sent out invites to lidstrom/chelios’s kids so id have np with that

This doesn't happen, unless it's in the 7th round, like when Marty Brodeur announced his son Anthony with the last pick in 2013 for the Devils. Bertuzzi wasn't picked because he is Todd's nephew, just like Draper wouldn't be picked because he is Kris' son.

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Again , if they think he can actually play , with a late pick sure 

That's literally all I was saying...

https://www.eprinkside.com/2020/10/05/theodor-niederbach-is-the-best-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-youve-probably-never-heard-of?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweet&utm_campaign=rinkside

Was pushing for niederbach at 45 , not sure he’ll be there ... good article on the kid which includes clips . Hakan definetly has his eye on him

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

https://www.eprinkside.com/2020/10/05/theodor-niederbach-is-the-best-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-youve-probably-never-heard-of?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweet&utm_campaign=rinkside

Was pushing for niederbach at 45 , not sure he’ll be there ... good article on the kid which includes clips . Hakan definetly has his eye on him

Is he the son of former Red Wing Scott Niederbacher? 

I know you guys love to hear the opinions of players mothers or coaches.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/prospect-interest-cole-perfetti-become-canadian-kucherov/

“I think his ceiling's limitless. I think he could be one of the players out of this draft that goes on and plays 15 years, and has a lot of career accomplishments,” Lazary says. His vision of what Perfetti could be at his peak makes clear the scope of that first statement.

“To me, his player comparable is Nikita Kucherov,” says the coach, citing the Russian winger who, two seasons ago, posted the NHL's highest single-season point total of the past two decades. “Kucherov played in the CHL, he's not overly lightning-quick with his skating, but man, his playmaking, his creativeness, his ability to manipulate defenders, his change of direction, his deception. All those things make Kucherov one of the best players in the National Hockey League".

“And to me, when I watch Kucherov play, it's like watching Cole Perfetti play.”

That's right. Kucherov plays like Perfetti.

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/prospect-interest-cole-perfetti-become-canadian-kucherov/

“I think his ceiling's limitless. I think he could be one of the players out of this draft that goes on and plays 15 years, and has a lot of career accomplishments,” Lazary says. His vision of what Perfetti could be at his peak makes clear the scope of that first statement.

“To me, his player comparable is Nikita Kucherov,” says the coach, citing the Russian winger who, two seasons ago, posted the NHL's highest single-season point total of the past two decades. “Kucherov played in the CHL, he's not overly lightning-quick with his skating, but man, his playmaking, his creativeness, his ability to manipulate defenders, his change of direction, his deception. All those things make Kucherov one of the best players in the National Hockey League".

I am buying what he is selling !!

I am boarding the Perfetti #4 train @ 7:20ish tomorrow evening!!

5 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

I have a feeling we’ll be taking Perfetti, and I’m more and more okay with the idea of it.

I'd be okay with Perfetti, but I have a feeling we're not taking him, and it will end up being Holtz (which I'd be okay with), or Lundell (which I'd be less okay with)...

2 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Perfetti gets silent treatment from Yzerman

Ya'll are a buncha crack smokin' hippies. Yzerman didn't even care to interview this kid. He's going to the Devils at #7.

I tried to find similar quotes about Rossi but there was none to be found. I googled and everything.

Speaking of crack smokin' hippies. Holy clickbait!!

tsn: Button's Final Draft Rankings

1. Lafreniere

2. Stutzle

3. Byfield

4. Drysdale

5. Perfetti

6. Askarov

7. Quinn

8. Rossi

9. Raymond

10. Lapierre

11. Sahderson

12. Zary

13. Jarvis

14. Holloway

15. HOLTZ!!

---

19. Lundell

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

1. Lafreniere

2. Stutzle

3. Byfield

4. Drysdale

5. Perfetti

6. Askarov

7. Quinn

8. Rossi

9. Raymond

10. Lapierre

11. Sahderson

12. Zary

13. Jarvis

14. Holloway

15. HOLTZ!!

---

19. Lundell

******* swennophobe

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

1. Lafreniere

2. Stutzle

3. Byfield

4. Drysdale

5. Perfetti

6. Askarov

7. Quinn

8. Rossi

9. Raymond

10. Lapierre

11. Sahderson

12. Zary

13. Jarvis

14. Holloway

15. HOLTZ!!

---

19. Lundell

Well he got the top 5 right :lol:

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I only care what Miller's mom thinks.

Some teams to look at if we see someone we like and want to move up in the draft ...

Oilers #14 , pick again #138

Devils #20 , pick again #84

Bluejackets  #21 , pick again #114

rangers #22, pick again #72

capitals #24 , pick again #80

colorado #25 , pick again #75

blues #26 , pick again #86

Dallas #30 , pick again #123 

id say cbj is a prime candidate if we really see someone there , 32&55 or 45/55 if were lucky

and stars #30 pick , maybe 45 & 62 would get it done 

all depends who’s there 

all the names, all the talk, all the mocks, what is the ONE pick that would send you over the edge? Who do you ABSOLUTELY do not want to be picked?

For me, there is going to be so many players of high quality available, I don't think there is one that will make me angry.  Rossi, Drysdale, Perfetti, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov or even Sanderdson (if Yzerman goes for the LD need.) I truly believe any of these will be awesome!

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

all the names, all the talk, all the mocks, what is the ONE pick that would send you over the edge? Who do you ABSOLUTELY do not want to be picked?

For me, there is going to be so many players of high quality available, I don't think there is one that will make me angry.  Rossi, Drysdale, Perfetti, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov or even Sanderdson (if Yzerman goes for the LD need.) I truly believe any of these will be awesome!

Todd Gill

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Askarov

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Askarov

Honestly, if I had an order, he'd be near the end of the list. I really don't have a clear cut first choice. Which is cool, because this is one of the first times in a long time, I don't think I'll be mad after the pick! LOL! I wasn't mad last year really, but like everyone, I was shocked. I really wanted Cozens.

IMO, Yzerman NEEDS to acquire another 1st for this year AND at least another one for next year. I know trades will happen after this week as well, but I really would love to see another top 15-20 for this year.