• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

LOL at the conspiracy theories. I'm sure everyone, including Yzerman was on board with this pick. Draper was not pissed about the pick. It was a smart pick. Stop trying to spin some dumbass narrative...

8 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Highly doubt it. Perfetti went #10. Nowhere near the #4 pick.

Yeah, I bet that stud that went one spot ahead of him would have been the pick...

3 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

But it is possible, and Draper definitely looked upset. Why would he be that upset unless the pick just got switched?

Draper looked pissed, and we've confirmed its definitely possible.

Draper did not look pissed. He looked like every single other person that made a pick last night. You're really reading way too much into this, and only because you don't personally like the pick. 

5 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Na, Rossi went #9, nowhere near the 4th pick. I'm thinking we got screwed out of our dynamic Dman (Drysdale) again just like with Hughes and Zadina.

Oh goodie, I can't wait for the "Raymond is a bust" thread...

25 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Like I said... I could definitely see Yzerman leaving Andersson in charge. And then Andersson - salivating over a top ranked Swedish player - instructing Draper to go off the board and take Raymond.

I know he's the guy you wanted... but like you said Draper seemed not happy and strong armed into it.

Ah well

I’m very happy with Raymond being the pick. Everyone needs to quit trying to believe there is some conspiracy. If you listen to Steve’s press conference they had their BPA order set and the scouting team was on board with the pick. Drapers loyalty is to Detroit first, and every other business venture second. I find it far more believable that Raymond was second on their board all along behind Lafreniere which was also rumored. If Draper is pouting about the pick (which he isn’t) we will know soon enough. He will be shipped out and end up with Holland within a couple weeks. 

Other thoughts on the first round, Lundell is a steal at 12. Also, Quinn being drafted before Rossi Is a head scratcher. Quinn would have been a borderline 1st round talent if Rossi wasn’t driving the play for him the last couple years. That pick will look foolish in a few years. I’m not surprised Rossi/Perfetti fell if they weren’t selected at 4. Ottawa and Anaheim needed to take a high end defender, and New Jersey needed a pure goal scorer since they have two top 6 playmaking centers. 

Alright today’s huge , whats happening with this pick? I say we pick but something tells me yzerman trades back ... unfortunately the only team picking after us id consider with that can give something decent back would be l.a 

32 for 35&66? We still guarantee ourselves one of khusnutdinov,peterka,mysak,gunlar,colangelo and end up later with 55/62/64/66

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

15 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Hey it's not just me. Multiple other people have confirmed Drapes didn't look happy. Choose to ignore the obvious I guess...

Multiple other people on the internet think Draper was unhappy to make the pick?... Never mind then, it must be true...

Just now, CatBoyRossi said:

Then why the long face?

I'm just saying if the next pick at #32 is Swedish that may very well confirm we have a Swedish mafia coup on our hands. Andersson is probably pissed Yzerman went off the board last year and took Seider over Broberg. Friggin Covid all but has Yzerman on house arrest.

Or Gunler et al is the next best prospect on their list.... wait how the f**k did I fall into a CRL troll job???

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Multiple other people on the internet think Draper was unhappy to make the pick?... Never mind then, it must be true...

We're now not only draft experts but also CIA psychologist level champs in reading facial expressions? How bout lip reading? 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Maybe he was just mad nobody wanted pineapple on their late night pizza’s they ordered

Or maybe he wasn't mad at all... Did any of you bother to watch a single other team announce their pick last night? Or any draft for that matter? No one is noticeably excited, despite them saying in a monotone voice, "we are very excited to select"....

Just now, CatBoyRossi said:

Raymond is real good. I like the pick. Just seems pretty clear this is a Hughes/Zadina scenario all over again.

Makar + Hughes does not not automatically make Drysdale exist. Plus, Sanderson is clearly better anyway, having gone 1 spot ahead of him or something.

27 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Draper did not look pissed. He looked like every single other person that made a pick last night. You're really reading way too much into this, and only because you don't personally like the pick. 

Oh goodie, I can't wait for the "Raymond is a bust" thread...

100%.  In no way did Drapes look pissed off or in any way "upset" about this pick.  It also doesnt matter if we did picked #1, we would still have a "....or bust thread", but hey thats half the fun I guess.

Im stoked about the kid, better believe that when we make the playoffs they will show Raymonds golden goal a million times just to remind everyone that hes clutch...Welcome to the club kid!

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

There are a lot of solid options available, but I think I may be leaning Wallinder at 32... Big, mobile LHD. I also really like Gunler. He may be the biggest boom or bust available. Definitely has some flaws, which is why I doubt Yzerman takes him, but the upside could be huge...

LOL great minds think alike...

Hahaha I actually thought you were replying to me without quoting. Great timing :P

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Or maybe he wasn't mad at all... Did any of you bother to watch a single other team announce their pick last night? Or any draft for that matter? No one is noticeably excited, despite them saying in a monotone voice, "we are very excited to select"....

Obviously watched the whole draft and yes no ones jumping up and down but something seemed off , anyways like i said i dont care i think we got a top line player so everything is good

Are we trading anyone for picks today! Should be alot more moves on day 2 around the league

i cant see madison bowey sticking around , after sens traded a 3rd for a guy with like 60 nhl games id expect us to land the same today , rathee we try to add more picks for this yr than next

3 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Yup definitely a good player, but agreed something was off. Gonna be real suspicious if the next pick is also Swedish... Andersson and Kronwall are old time Swedish mafia with this team...

More swedes the better

gunlar andrae niederbach grans wallinder torgersson

you might get pissed

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Anybody seen any interviews with Håkan Andersson after the draft?

Probably after todays picks

Edited by nyqvististhefuture