• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, CatBoyRossi said:

Did you see how pissed Draper was making that pick? Something was definitely up. Seemed like Kronners and Andersson probably hijacked the pick.

That's right... I think you are reading WAAAAAYYY to much into Draper being "pissed." Draper looked that way for every single pick and I have seen him in past interviews making the exact same face. 

So many terrible takes here...

So basically, we should have ignored best player available, and taken a player that was drafted 5 (Rossi) to 6 (Perfetti) spots later, that several other teams passed over, some for other wingers...

Always take best player available. A elite winger like Raymond can make his center (maybe Veleno) that much better. Your best players do not have to be centers and defensemen. There are other ways to build a team. And to pass on better players, just because they're wingers is a definite recipe for disaster.

1 minute ago, xault said:

On the idea of moving Mantha, Larkin and Bert.

If one could guarantee a top 5 pick I'd consider moving Mantha.

I am not trading Larkin, still young enough to become the 1c every boy and girl dreams about around here. If not, a good 2c / low end 1c. I think I am okay with that. Outside of a crazy deal that is.

For Bert, I got mix feelings. I feel like he's a gamer and any playoff team gonna love him. On the other hand, I get this Abs 2.0 feeling about him.

I don't see that about Bertuzzi... dude is a gamer and will be very important to the rebuild, in my opinion. Abdelkader would have been just fine if he stayed in his lane, that being, a 3rd/4th line grinder with some scoring upside. The ONLY reason you can draw the comparison is because of his one good season on Datsyuk's wing which boosted his stock and allowed Holland to offer him that STUPID contract. Bertuzzi's success is much more widely attributed to his own drive and abilities. I'm not worried about lil Bert.

Just now, CatBoyRossi said:

Watch the clip again. Yzerman didn't get his man.

Was Draper in on the hijacking or not? If  not, how did Hakan and Kronner both manage to hold Stevie away and force Draper into making that pick all the way from Sweden? Was there hacking involved? Was it even the real Draper we saw on that screen?

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

So basically, we should have ignored best player available, and taken a player that was drafted 5 (Rossi) to 6 (Perfetti) spots later, that several other teams passed over, some for other wingers...

Always take best player available. A elite winger like Raymond can make his center (maybe Veleno) that much better. Your best players do not have to be centers and defensemen. There are other ways to build a team. And to pass on better players, just because they're wingers is a definite recipe for disaster.

I believe, just like Seider, that Yzerman loved the fact that Raymond s a kid playing in a men's league.

if ANYONE picked someone that Yzerman did not approve, they would be fired.

2 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Watch the clip again. Yzerman didn't get his man. But Ray Ray is still pretty deece.

I just can't get around this assertion that Yzerman AND Draper were usurped by Kronwall and Anderson. I don't think anything in Yzerman's history at this level suggests that he would allow something like that to happen and that Draper would just be rolled over given that he was the one making the verbal pick.

1 minute ago, SwedeLundin said:

I don't see that about Bertuzzi... dude is a gamer and will be very important to the rebuild, in my opinion. Abdelkader would have been just fine if he stayed in his lane, that being, a 3rd/4th line grinder with some scoring upside. The ONLY reason you can draw the comparison is because of his one good season on Datsyuk's wing which boosted his stock and allowed Holland to offer him that STUPID contract. Bertuzzi's success is much more widely attributed to his own drive and abilities. I'm not worried about lil Bert.

I don't disagree with you. 

MAYBE, the only thing that could've happened was Yzerman was good with either/or and told the guys at the draft to vote and make the pick. That is the only way Kronner and Haken would've been able to "steal" the pick. If Yzerman said either Raymond or Perfetti, you guys vote and winner gets picked. Maybe that is why Draper looked upset.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm with you... I would have liked to see Drysdale but I understand that he may have been undersized for Yzerman's liking. You couple that with the fact that next year's draft is supposed to be Defense heavy, especially up front, and you can start to see the picture clearer. Raymond was absolutely the best pick at the 4 spot, especially given his performance to start this current season. The defense is shaping up very nicely so far, too. They've have shed some bad contracts and older guys now. Seider, Hronek, McIsaac, Cholowski (if he can get the defensive side tightened up, Albertsson (looking to be a very good pick), Lindstrom (has shown he can be very reliable already), and the vets (Nemeth, DeKeyser, Staal) all paint a picture of a defensive unit on the rise. They're just getting started.

God, smh.

This world is full of conspiracy theorists.

Not even the kind looking for truth, just the kind looking for attention.

The trolling of people who are on your side is what really needs explanation.

Also, I don't like comments about Draper's face, he looks like that because of Claude Lemieux, not Kronwall.

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Verbeek? Where was he?

anyhow, here is the pecking order... I guess Kronwall (being advisor to the GM) trumps Draper.

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/team/hockey-operations

Kronwall got his family tied up in the basement. Better stay quiet or else...

5 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Yzerman was powerless stuck at home with COVID. The genius of it was Andersson and Kronwall got Draper to do the actual picking for them to cover their tracking publicly. Typical mafia s***.

Dude, Yzerman was on video conference with them... that was stated from the start. He wasn't absent from the draft. This Swedish Mafia thing was cute and kind of funny a few years ago, but it's time to move on. It was never even remotely true. It just sounds like some qAnon trash conspiracy when actually taken seriously. 

4 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

So Drapes was just following orders from Kronwall? It's like one of those things where you know your commanding officer is disobeying but you have to respect the chain of command. Feel bad for Drapes he got put in that situation.

You're talking nonsense... just stop dude. You're basing this all off of your interpretation of a facial expression. For all you know, Draper was holding in a huge fart. 

2 minutes ago, xault said:

I like the Alex Cotton pick.

Me, too. Looks like it could potentially be a steal.