• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Euro_Twins

Larkin for the C

Rate this topic

I don't how closely you've watched, but the last 6 months have been tastefully peppered with media coverage alluding to Larkin being named captain. It's already done IMO. We're just waiting for the announcement.

I'm pretty stoked on it though. Larkin I think will make a great C. I'm excited to watch this kid develop into a modern Yzerman.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't how closely you've watched, but the last 6 months have been tastefully peppered with media coverage alluding to Larkin being named captain. It's already done IMO. We're just waiting for the announcement.

I'm pretty stoked on it though. Larkin I think will make a great C. I'm excited to watch this kid develop into a modern Yzerman.

Worst kept secret in hockey.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

Worst kept secret in hockey.

Yes, but I have a great way to surprise the fans with the announcement. Because we all know that when The Wings call a press conference, the reason it's called leaks out and nobody is surprised. So this is how Steve should do it:

Cal the presser to announce Kronwall's retirement.  Go through all the motions of the legit announcement and have the speech from both Steve and Nik, have the regular questions from the press, talk about his future, new position on the team, etc, etc...then after all that when Kornwall asks "are the anymore questions?" have him then end with "Again, I really enjoyed playing for this team my entire career, my family has enjoyed being here and we really love all the fans.  I've played with some great players, some great leaders and some great Captains.  Speaking of which, it is my honor to introduce your newest Captain of The Detroit Red Wings, Dylan Larkin!"

Yzerman was drafted in the first round in 1983

Larkin was drafted in the first round in 2014

A difference of 31 years

31 revered is 13

The last player to where 13 was Pavel Datsyuk

Datsyuk cites his mentors as Larionov, Fedorov, and YZERMAN

Now Yzerman is Larkin's GM

Something confirmed. Larkin is the next Wings legend.

On 8/7/2019 at 10:52 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

ET

Phone home

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

A difference of 31 years

31 revered is 13

#Illuminati

On 8/8/2019 at 1:42 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Absolutely. Just thought it was something better than negativity to share..

On 8/8/2019 at 7:12 AM, Dabura said:

NHL.com's take on the worst kept secret in hockey, if you're interested:

https://www.nhl.com/news/dylan-larkin-feels-ready-to-be-detroit-red-wings-captain/c-308458164

The Score blurb is just shamelessly piggybacking off this piece. Sad!

So who cares. The one one piggybacking doesnt have to do all the work. So who's the real loser now 

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

A difference of 31 years

31 revered is 13

How deep does the rabbit hole go?

On 8/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, Dabura said:

Larkin, Pietrangelo, Veleno. Future Red Wings letter group. You heard it here first, nerds.

You wanna tell us sumthin?

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Athanasiou might get 40 assists next year too.  Its exciting to watch our 2 stars blossum.  And Mantha and Bertuzzi arent far away from the star level either.

Despite his 24 assists in 76 games last year, my money would be on Mantha.

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Athanasiou might get 40 assists next year too.  Its exciting to watch our 2 stars blossum.  And Mantha and Bertuzzi arent far away from the star level either.

I know at this point it's baiting, but I'll take the bait.

Mantha > Athanasiou

Mantha will have more goals, assists and points than AA this season. Mark it.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I know at this point it's baiting, but I'll take the bait.

Mantha > Athanasiou

Mantha will have more goals, assists and points than AA this season. Mark it.

Im hoping Mantha excels too.  If he has 30+ goals like Larkin and AA did last year, everyone will be stoked.  Hes much like Franzen, tho.  It can be a roller coaster with him.  And if Larkin goes down, Mantha becomes completely invisible.  AA, on the other hand, puts up ppg+ numbers when given top line / 20 mins+ per game.  He filled in for Larkin very admirably last year.

16 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im hoping Mantha excels too.  If he has 30+ goals like Larkin and AA did last year, everyone will be stoked.  Hes much like Franzen, tho.  It can be a roller coaster with him.  And if Larkin goes down, Mantha becomes completely invisible.  AA, on the other hand, puts up ppg+ numbers when given top line / 20 mins+ per game.  He filled in for Larkin very admirably last year.

Mantha did not have Larkin centering him at the WC. He still produced. Like most top six wingers, Mantha needs a quality center that can get him the puck. When he gets the puck in a quality scoring area, he's more dangerous than anyone on the team. The one area that Athanasiou is better than Mantha, is self creating, because of his speed. Pretty much every other aspect of the game, Mantha has him beat.