• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Wings acquire Adam Erne from Tampa

Rate this topic

With the 14/7/2 format, we currently have room for 1 more FWD, IF you count giving Ras and Svech a spot.  I feel it will be Hirose as well. I'd personally like to see Zadina and Veleno tear up the A and lead GR to a Calder Cup, if Ras and Svech get sent down, I believe we'll see Turgeon and Kuffner, unless Pope  or Smith outplay him.  Ehn is a possibility but he is waiver exempt, Turgeon is not.  Not that they will be busting down the doors to claim him, but you hate to lose a nice, solid C for nothing.  capfriendly.com has still not put the "waiver exempt" arrow next to Svech, and haven't answered any questions about his status.  But if you guys say it was mentioned that he is exempt, then we'll go with that.  If they all don't super impress at camp, it might be beneficial to have all four down there in GR and bring up Turgeon and another with Hirose. Especially if this is a blow-off season, why waste any of those 4 on a 4th line? Let them all lead GR to Calder Glory.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:27 PM, LeftWinger said:

1 Year, $1.05M not bad...

Since the last post sent us to page 2, I will re-put this on page 2 so it doesn't get lost.  Not a bad signing IMO.  If he gets 20-30, it's a hell of a bargain!

Edited by LeftWinger

4 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

I'll always hold a grudge against Erne for injuring Green and possibly costing us trade assets.

He'll be a hero in my book if he takes a few runs at any player wearing a Maple Leafs jersey...Watch the urine stain form in Babs pants :shock:

5 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

I'll always hold a grudge against Erne for injuring Green and possibly costing us trade assets.

Yes, but now he can injure OTHER teams trade assets so playoff teams have no choice but to come calling for Green and Daley and Helm and Nielsen and Howard and..... :hysterical: Ok, ok, I will stop there.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Exactly. And it appears he's on the hunt for competitive players. To me, other than preaching patience, and obviously tanking, this is the only sign of any kind of real Yzer-plan. Build a team of gamers. 

53 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

This makes the trade even more confusing... They could have submitted an offer sheet and kept their 4th round pick. There is no compensation on offer sheets up to $1,395,053... Yzerman throwing his buddy BriseBois a bone?

Either way, losing a 4th round pick for a capable bottom six forward is a good value trade. If anything though, this trade once again proves why signing bottom six players to long-term contracts is dumb. The Abdelkader's and Helm's of the league can be replaced via free agency or trade, giving up next to nothing...

I don't mind the trade, but I do hope we get rid of the glut of mediocre bottom six forwards over the next year...

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This makes the trade even more confusing... They could have submitted an offer sheet and kept their 4th round pick. There is no compensation on offer sheets up to $1,395,053... Yzerman throwing his buddy BriseBois a bone?

Either way, losing a 4th round pick for a capable bottom six forward is a good value trade. If anything though, this trade once again proves why signing bottom six players to long-term contracts is dumb. The Abdelkader's and Helm's of the league can be replaced via free agency or trade, giving up next to nothing...

I don't mind the trade, but I do hope we get rid of the glut of mediocre bottom six forwards over the next year...

Don't worry my man. Yzerman will clean up Holland's mess. 

On 8/14/2019 at 10:47 PM, krsmith17 said:

I think one of the reasons why Yzerman makes such good deals and has such good relationships with other GM's is because when it comes to small moves like this, he does just that. If you offer sheet a team for a player like that, I think you just make an enemy.  

On 8/14/2019 at 10:47 PM, krsmith17 said:

YEP!

That’s something Holland seemingly forgot in his later years. He used to be great at finding random guys to fill out the lineup, and then he started handing out overpriced long-term deals to replaceable scrubs because they’re local guys or came up in the org. Who cares?!? It’s certainly hard to find top line guys, but capable 3rd and especially 4th line guys??? That’s doable. The team really has been mismanaged for a good while. Not saying everything Holland did was bad, but he did do quite a bit of bad over the last ten years as he’s had to evolve in the cap era. 

14 hours ago, kliq said:

I think one of the reasons why Yzerman makes such good deals and has such good relationships with other GM's is because when it comes to small moves like this, he does just that. If you offer sheet a team for a player like that, I think you just make an enemy.  

Totally. Networking and relationships go a long ways in any business; hockey is certainly no different. Command respect and treat others respectfully and you’ll likely come out ahead. 

16 hours ago, kliq said:

Playing one season of fantasy hockey with my s*** hole friends made me realize this. Trades almost never happen because everyone is talking smack and no one wants to help each other.

20 hours ago, kliq said:

Or, to be more accurate, TB would have just matched the offer, and we wouldn't have gotten Erne, because offer sheets don't work.

5 hours ago, gcom007 said:

YEP!

That’s something Holland seemingly forgot in his later years. He used to be great at finding random guys to fill out the lineup, and then he started handing out overpriced long-term deals to replaceable scrubs because they’re local guys or came up in the org. Who cares?!? It’s certainly hard to find top line guys, but capable 3rd and especially 4th line guys??? That’s doable. The team really has been mismanaged for a good while. Not saying everything Holland did was bad, but he did do quite a bit of bad over the last ten years as he’s had to evolve in the cap era. 

Not really. Trading even a 4th-rounder just to replace something you already have is a waste of a pick. He could have signed a similar (or better) player without losing a pick. Holland even signed one in Edmonton for basically the same cost. Also, Helm and Abby have been much better than they get credit for, and the string of Emmerton, Andersson, Ferraro, Wilson, de la Rose, etc. should show that they aren't as easy to replace as people think. Unless you have a pressing need for cap space (which we haven't) there's no reason to replace them, especially not if you have to trade a pick to do it.

I don't mind the Erne trade, since he looks to be better than de la Rose/Ehn/Turgeon, maybe has the potential to be our next Abby, and those two are nearing the end of their careers anyway. But in general, nope.

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

Or, to be more accurate, TB would have just matched the offer, and we wouldn't have gotten Erne, because offer sheets don't work.

Maybe, but even in that situation Yzerman still makes an enemy. 

3 hours ago, Buppy said:

Not really. Trading even a 4th-rounder just to replace something you already have is a waste of a pick. He could have signed a similar (or better) player without losing a pick. Holland even signed one in Edmonton for basically the same cost. Also, Helm and Abby have been much better than they get credit for, and the string of Emmerton, Andersson, Ferraro, Wilson, de la Rose, etc. should show that they aren't as easy to replace as people think. Unless you have a pressing need for cap space (which we haven't) there's no reason to replace them, especially not if you have to trade a pick to do it.

I don't mind the Erne trade, since he looks to be better than de la Rose/Ehn/Turgeon, maybe has the potential to be our next Abby, and those two are nearing the end of their careers anyway. But in general, nope.

We got Erne for a 4th. Erne was drafted in the 2nd and has shown potential in the NHL... so basically a young 3rd liner for a draft pick that has like a 10% chance of ever becoming an NHL player. No reason to be disgruntled about this deal. A 2nd round player for a 4th round pick... who Yzerman demonstrably wants. Good deal. I like. If Svechnikov can't make the team cause Erne is there then Svech can eat s*** and die for all I care.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We got Erne for a 4th. Erne was drafted in the 2nd and has shown potential in the NHL... so basically a young 3rd liner for a draft pick that has like a 10% chance of ever becoming an NHL player. No reason to be disgruntled about this deal. A 2nd round player for a 4th round pick... who Yzerman demonstrably wants. Good deal. I like.

I agree.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If Svechnikov can't make the team cause Erne is there then Svech can eat s*** and die for all I care.

Bit much...

14 hours ago, Dabura said:

This has been a really, really long offseason and it isn't even over yet.

I so much want to checkout during the summer, but I think this site will die if any of us did that.

And this is why we must over-analyze all summer and start flame wars, for the good of the forum...

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I so much want to checkout during the summer, but I think this site will die if any of us did that.

And this is why we must over-analyze all summer and start flame wars, for the good of the forum...

I kind of like the waiting period to a certain degree. Erne for example, at first I thought why another lh foward? but because we all have so much time you get quite a lot of information about a player I didn´t know that well tbh. now it all makes more sense to me and I can start remodeling my thoughts. Through all the waiting people start digging for information, which gives us all more background information about players and prospects. information we wouldn´t look for during the season. Our overall "knowledge" about our players in the organisation gives us opportunity to discuss and the standard of discussion in this forum is very likeable.

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Koreans are at the gates; we must remain vigilant.

15 hours ago, ely s said:

I kind of like the waiting period to a certain degree. Erne for example, at first I thought why another lh foward? but because we all have so much time you get quite a lot of information about a player I didn´t know that well tbh. now it all makes more sense to me and I can start remodeling my thoughts. Through all the waiting people start digging for information, which gives us all more background information about players and prospects. information we wouldn´t look for during the season. Our overall "knowledge" about our players in the organisation gives us opportunity to discuss and the standard of discussion in this forum is very likeable.

LGW.com is good people, fer sure. Guess I'm just lamenting that we're all probably in for another lean year. Even with Yzerman at the helm, I reckon fan enthusiasm is going to remain low (by modern Wings standards) until the team becomes relevant again and is back to playing meaningful games late in the regular season. Lotsa fans talk a big game about how much losing they're willing to put up with re: rebuilds, but there's no substitue for winning. Winning makes everyone feel good and puts butts in the seats. So, I hope this is the last summer where trading for an Adam Erne is a big thing and 90% of the player season reviews are "[Player] did not produce and his contract is dumb, but he is a true leader."

tl;dr losing is for losers.

Anyone who has an issue with the erne trade needs to give their head a shake. Very low risk move, 4th rounders very rarely ever pan out. Not to mention you have the potential for the sesame street line? I dont care who you are, you dont pass up that opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

The Koreans are at the gates; we must remain vigilant.

LGW.com is good people, fer sure. Guess I'm just lamenting that we're all probably in for another lean year. Even with Yzerman at the helm, I reckon fan enthusiasm is going to remain low (by modern Wings standards) until the team becomes relevant again and is back to playing meaningful games late in the regular season. Lotsa fans talk a big game about how much losing they're willing to put up with re: rebuilds, but there's no substitue for winning. Winning makes everyone feel good and puts butts in the seats. So, I hope this is the last summer where trading for an Adam Erne is a big thing and 90% of the player season reviews are "[Player] did not produce and his contract is dumb, but he is a true leader."

tl;dr losing is for losers.

Have we even determined if they are North or South Koreans attacking us yet? Know thy enemy. Russians have also made some incursions as of late, but seem to have been beaten back... for now.

I for one welcome the influx of German fans. I've seen more German fans coming out of the woodwork everywhere, not just here, since drafting Seider.

Deutsche, verbreiten sie die guten nachrichten des hockeys unter Ihren leuten. Wir werden ein neues Deutschland bauen. Ein Deutschland mit hockey.

Remember this all. In a few years this team will be back in the playoffs. When this happens the fairweather fans will return in droves. When that happens each one of you reading this now will have much more of everyone's respect, including my own. You were here in the bad times and we will totally s*** on the fairweathers together and it will be self righteous and awesome.

6 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Anyone who has an issue with the erne trade needs to give their head a shake. Very low risk move, 4th rounders very rarely ever pan out. Not to mention you have the potential for the sesame street line? I dont care who you are, you dont pass up that opportunity. 

Precisely. A 4th has like a 20% chance of becoming an Erne. An Erne is already an Erne. Win.

We have the BLM line and now the possible sesame street line. I'm trying to think of a clever connection there but I just can't place it. Regardless. Win.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Precisely. A 4th has like a 20% chance of becoming an Erne. An Erne is already an Erne. Win.

We have the BLM line and now the possible sesame street line. I'm trying to think of a clever connection there but I just can't place it. Regardless. Win.

I say we call him Erne McCracken.