• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Hall of Fame Boards

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I missed u and the rest too.

Yup.

Scott Lucidi is my name.  Was my first handle.  But 01 is the timeline if I remember right.

Damn, thats 18 years. Hopefully this one sticks! I said this on the HOF boards, but this place really is like a big dysfunctional family. Its not like that on the HOF boards.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I missed u and the rest too.

Yup.

Scott Lucidi is my name.  Was my first handle.  But 01 is the timeline if I remember right.

>Starts an account with his full real name

Either dumb as rocks or alpha AF

Rock on

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

10 minutes ago, kliq said:

Damn, thats 18 years. Hopefully this one sticks! I said this on the HOF boards, but this place really is like a big dysfunctional family. Its not like that on the HOF boards.

Yup, everyone here has a reputation and knows each other well. That's what I love about this board and why I've never migrated off.

I think the board felt a lot more like HF boards back in the Wings heyday. Since the team declined, and therefore the number of fans, this board has only increased in the dysfunctional family feeling. Those who remain are the true hardcores. When the team gets good again bandwagon fans will come back, and this group will be able to say we were here through the bad times...

Keep it real you lovable f***s

I pretty much only go to HFboards during the playoffs because the banter gets good and reading people cry  about losing because NHL loves X team more than Y can be entertaining.

Sometimes I keep an eye on it on FA day. Game Day threads are okay in the RedWing section, but I only go there when it's super slow here. 

Outside of that, 90% of the forms posts are invaded by TOR fans at some point and turn the topic into something about them no matter what. Within 3-4 posts, doesn't take long.

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yup, everyone here has a reputation and knows each other well. That's what I love about this board and why I've never migrated off.

I think the board felt a lot more like HF boards back in the Wings heyday. Since the team declined, and therefore the number of fans, this board has only increased in the dysfunctional family feeling. Those who remain are the true hardcores. When the team gets good again bandwagon fans will come back, and this group will be able to say we were here through the bad times...

Ah. But so will the mods. And the Banhammers will drop. And the site will be gentrified. And the lovable misfits who kept this place alive will be forsaken. 

BUT, new accounts will rise from the ashes. I'm calling dibs on Zadinaisthefuture right now. 

the lion king disney GIF

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ah. But so will the mods. And the Banhammers will drop. And the site will be gentrified. And the lovable misfits who kept this place alive will be forsaken. 

BUT, new accounts will rise from the ashes. I'm calling dibs on Zadinaisthefuture right now. 

the lion king disney GIF

Tuomistomistolady

59 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

the lion king disney GIF

dibs SteveMooresSkull

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah, I can agree with this. I've been here since 04 and have seen a lot go down around here lol. Reading through this thread was a trip seeing some of those old names mentioned. :lol:

I don't post much anymore but I'll always be around! I love the little family we have here! :)

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think the board felt a lot more like HF boards back in the Wings heyday. Since the team declined, and therefore the number of fans, this board has only increased in the dysfunctional family feeling. Those who remain are the true hardcores. When the team gets good again bandwagon fans will come back, and this group will be able to say we were here through the bad times...Keep it real you lovable f***s

We all need to give Bottle of Smoke a 'bukkake' party when she returns...

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

None of it will matter unless sirdrake comes back

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Def miss FlashyG's GDTs. sirdrake is amazing due to the fact he/she is still so remembered despite just 12 posts back in 2007.

My fav:

yes, but imagine if the shoot out went on and on with both team scoring goals. what if both teams had 200 shootout goals, and finally the winning team got 201 shootout goals. it wouldnt be fair to add 201 goals to the winners goal difference because most teams dont score many more than 200 goals all season.

He also made a comeback as sirdrake1 and sirdrake_24. I think these from the two accounts were even better lol:

um. you guys shouldnt be remembering these guys who refused to wear helments. they had a choice to wear a safety device and they chose not to just too look cool. they made the people who watched them think helments were unnecessary. thats dumb. they shouldnt be rememberd. they should be forgotten. this topic should be about the first person to wear a gosh darn helment!

how about you do your job instead of browsing the internet during work hours.

i dont care, im right and you are all wrong.

whatever. making hard decisions is part of being a gm. if you cant make them dont insult me for being able to make them. im a natural leader.

no. chris chelios has the job of a hockey player. his role on the team is that of sixth man on d. he does not have the role of a gosh darn gm. relize this. and dont you ever quote me and call me out again.

He had a weird obsession with Chelios

On 8/29/2019 at 2:40 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm more of a Frank Grimes fan

Miss FlashyG a lot too

Most iconic poster of all time: BlueAdams

I'm touched anyone even remembers me around these parts.

I still lurk from time to time here and on HFboards and Reddit but my posting slowed down when the fan base became insufferably negative for me. Maybe I'll surprise everyone with some new photoshops this upcoming season.