• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

Prospect Tournament 2019

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

The NHL Prospect Tournament returns to Traverse City for its 21st season, running from Friday, Sept. 6 through Tuesday, Sept. 10

only two weeks away :w00t2:    

is there some sort of training before the tournament, like our prospects meet and train a couple of days earlier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that they release the prospect tournament roster on monday. Gives us something to talk about.

are zadina, cholo, rasmussen etc allowed to take part ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f****************ck, I mean the waiting for the season to start is tough enough, but why on earth do we have to wait so long for the damn prospect tournament roster? I thought we´d behaved well and deserve something to discuss about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ely s said:

f****************ck, I mean the waiting for the season to start is tough enough, but why on earth do we have to wait so long for the damn prospect tournament roster? I thought we´d behaved well and deserve something to discuss about...

We can always speculate who will be on the Prospect Tournament roster for something to talk about... The roster should include most of our prospects, not including the ones playing in College / Europe. 

Players that are excluded...

College

Patrick Holway (Merrimack - NCAA)
Kasper Kotkansalo (Boston - NCAA)
Keith Petruzzelli (Quinnipiac - NCAA)
Jack Adams (Union - NCAA) *injured*
Seth Barton (Lowell - NCAA)
Ryan O'Reilly (Green Bay - USHL)
Robert Mastrosimone (Boston - NCAA)
Ethan Phillips (Boston - NCAA)

Europe

Malte Setkov (Malmo - SHL)
Jonatan Berggren (Skelleftea - SHL)
Jesper Eliasson (Almtuna - Allsvenskan)
Victor Brattstrom (Timra - Allsvenskan)
Otto Kivenmaki (Assat - Liiga)
Antti Tuomisto (Assat - Junior Liiga)
Albert Johansson (Farjestad - SHL)
Albin Grewe (Djurgardens - SHL)
Elmer Soderblom (Frolunda - SuperElit)
Gustav Berglund (Frolunda - SuperElit)
Kirill Tyutyayev (Avto Yekaterinburg - MHL)

Players that are eligible...

Forwards

Taro Hirose (Detroit - NHL / Grand Rapids - AHL) *maybe*
Ryan Kuffner (Grand Rapids - AHL)
Evgeny Svechnikov (Detroit - NHL / Grand Rapids - AHL) *maybe*
Chase Pearson (Grand Rapids - AHL)
Gregor MacLeod (Grand Rapids - AHL)
Givani Smith (Grand Rapids - AHL)
Michael Rasmussen (Detroit - NHL / Grand Rapids - AHL) *maybe*
Filip Zadina (Detroit - NHL / Grand Rapids - AHL)
Joe Veleno (Detroit - NHL / Grand Rapids - AHL)

Thomas Casey (Charlottetown - QMJHL) - Free Agent Development Camp Invitee
Chad Yetman (Erie - OHL) - Free Agent Development Camp Invitee
Owen Robinson (Sudbury- OHL) - Free Agent Development Camp Invitee
Mathieu Bizier (Gatineau - QMJHL) - Free Agent Development Camp Invitee
Cody Morgan (Flint - OHL) - Free Agent Development Camp Invitee

Defensemen

Charle-Edouard D'Astous (Toledo - ECHL / Grand Rapids - AHL)
Dennis Cholowski (Detroit - NHL / Grand Rapids - AHL) *maybe*
Gustav Lindstrom (Grand Rapids - AHL)
Jared McIsaac (Halifax - QMJHL) *injured*
Alec Regula (London - OHL)
Moritz Seider (Detroit - NHL / Grand Rapids - AHL / Mannheim - DEL)
Cooper Moore (Chilliwack - BCHL)

Marc-Olivier Duquette (Drummondville - QMJHL) - Free Agent Development Camp Invitee
Owen Lalonde (Guelph OHL) - Free Agent Development Camp Invitee

Goaltenders

Filip Larsson (Grand Rapids - AHL)
Kaden Fulcher (Toledo - ECHL / Grand Rapids - AHL)
Carter Gylander (Sherwood Park - AJHL)

All these players won't be on the roster, but this should at least give us a pretty good idea who *might* be on the roster...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for Albin Grewe to come over again. I watched videos of him and he might be another Bert. This kid looks real good. A you sure about the europeans? Lean Bergmann, another Mannheim player, is coming over to SJ TC, so I was hoping a few europeans would be in the tournament. Kivenmaki and Berggren would have been worth another look. Kivenmaki left a good impression in development camp. With the ´might be´ roster I´m quite optimistic going to Traverse City.

Thanks for your effort, big thumbs up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ely s said:

I was hoping for Albin Grewe to come over again. I watched videos of him and he might be another Bert. This kid looks real good. A you sure about the europeans? Lean Bergmann, another Mannheim player, is coming over to SJ TC, so I was hoping a few europeans would be in the tournament. Kivenmaki and Berggren would have been worth another look. Kivenmaki left a good impression in development camp. With the ´might be´ roster I´m quite optimistic going to Traverse City.

Thanks for your effort, big thumbs up

No, I'm not 100% sure, but I know a lot of the European leagues have already started, or will be starting very soon. I would assume if their club has already started league games, they wouldn't likely come over for what is a pretty meaningless tournament. In year's past I don't recall any European's coming over for the Prospects Tournament, unless they're already slated to play in North America.

A player that may be on the cusp of making the Red Wings would play in the tournament, but a player like Grewe, who is likely at least a couple years away, I would think would be better served playing meaningful games with Djurgardens. I don't know anything about Bergmann, but he is an older player (21 next month), so maybe they think he has a shot to make the Sharks or Barracuda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No, I'm not 100% sure, but I know a lot of the European leagues have already started, or will be starting very soon. I would assume if their club has already started league games, they wouldn't likely come over for what is a pretty meaningless tournament. In year's past I don't recall any European's coming over for the Prospects Tournament, unless they're already slated to play in North America.

A player that may be on the cusp of making the Red Wings would play in the tournament, but a player like Grewe, who is likely at least a couple years away, I would think would be better served playing meaningful games with Djurgardens. I don't know anything about Bergmann, but he is an older player (21 next month), so maybe they think he has a shot to make the Sharks or Barracuda.

Bergmann stayed in Germany taking part in Mannheims preseason, as Seider did. Seider opted to go over early and get accustomed to time change, new surroundings and new teammates, whereas Bergmann had the complete preseason and 2 Games for Mannheim in the CHL (2g1a) and heads to SJ today I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ely s said:

Bergmann stayed in Germany taking part in Mannheims preseason, as Seider did. Seider opted to go over early and get accustomed to time change, new surroundings and new teammates, whereas Bergmann had the complete preseason and 2 Games for Mannheim in the CHL (2g1a) and heads to SJ today I think.

So pumped to see Seider. You're from Germany aren't you? I assume you've probably seen more of him than most of us here. Where would you like to see him play this season (selfish reasons aside)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I´m from Germany. Without his injury(23 games) he might have been on the second pairing for half of the season plus playoffs in Mannheim. He started right where he left before the injury and his game picked up the more important the games became and was almost mistake free in the playoffs and the WC. He had his 18th birthday the day before game 3 of the semifinals in the DEL. He is praised by his teammates for his work ethic and positiv attitude. Although I´m a bit biased I truly believe he could play a third line role in Detroit, but I don´t think that it would be good for his development. He needs to play in all situations, logging heavy minutes, so I see him at least on the second pairing in GR.

I´ve seen a lot of d-men playing for Detroit over the last 25 years, but only a few had that implicitness/naturalness ( I´m looking for the right word...) in their game as he has. With his smooth skating and his awareness what´s going on around him, he looks more than ready for men´s hockey. My prediction/hope is he is playing on the first unit in GR at midseason the latest and will have a chance to get the first taste of NHL hockey after the TDL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My list was somewhat accurate, but I was off on a few players. I thought they might want to have a longer look at Svechnikov, Rasmussen and / or Cholowski, but I guess they're going to wait until training camp / pre-season to evaluate them. I'm surprised Cooper Moore and Carter Gylander were left off the roster though.

A few players I purposely overlooked were Troy Loggins, Jarid Lukosevicius and Alec McCrea, only because I thought they were a little old (24) to be included in a "prospect" tournament... I've never heard of Sean Romeo or Anthony Popovich, but I guess we needed another goalie with Gylander not attending.

Kind of surprised to see Soderblom and Berglund on the roster, but it will be good to get another look at a couple late rounders from this past draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

My list was somewhat accurate, but I was off on a few players. I thought they might want to have a longer look at Svechnikov, Rasmussen and / or Cholowski, but I guess they're going to wait until training camp / pre-season to evaluate them. I'm surprised Cooper Moore and Carter Gylander were left off the roster though.

A few players I purposely overlooked were Troy Loggins, Jarid Lukosevicius and Alec McCrea, only because I thought they were a little old (24) to be included in a "prospect" tournament... I've never heard of Sean Romeo or Anthony Popovich, but I guess we needed another goalie with Gylander not attending.

Kind of surprised to see Soderblom and Berglund on the roster, but it will be good to get another look at a couple late rounders from this past draft.

probably Ras and Cholo don´t take part because of NHL experience and in Svech´s case, they might just be careful.

As for Gylander, with goalies they take time and we have him, it looks like they want an extented look at Fulcher and Larson + 2 probable additions to our goalie pool.

Soderblom left a good impression at the DC, but I didn´t really took notice of Berglund. I think Grewe is already playing in the first team, whereas the other two seem to be still in juniors. That´s why they might be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ely s said:

will there be some sort of stream at the PT?

I'm pretty sure all the games will be broadcasted live on DetroitRedWings.com / FoxSportsDetroit / Facebook / YouTube. That's what they did for Development Camp anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ely s said:

probably Ras and Cholo don´t take part because of NHL experience and in Svech´s case, they might just be careful.

As for Gylander, with goalies they take time and we have him, it looks like they want an extented look at Fulcher and Larson + 2 probable additions to our goalie pool.

Soderblom left a good impression at the DC, but I didn´t really took notice of Berglund. I think Grewe is already playing in the first team, whereas the other two seem to be still in juniors. That´s why they might be available.

Yeah, apparently Soderblom and Berglund were granted permission to play because their season in Frolunda doesn't start until September 11th (the day after the tournament ends). They will likely fly back to Sweden right after the tournament finishes up, next Tuesday...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this