• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Kronwall Officially Announces Retirement

Rate this topic

as much as I complained about him, it's sad to see him go. But it's also a proud moment to be a Wings fan, because here is yet another player that has chosen to spend his entire career with "My Team."  He didn't go chasing Cups at the end of his career, he chose to end where he started.  Thank you Kronner for the great times, bad times and the times where some of us (me!) couldn't stop complaining about you!  But that is how you knew that we loved you! 

Should we add #55 to the "next number to be retired" debate?

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

as much as I complained about him, it's sad to see him go. But it's also a proud moment to be a Wings fan, because here is yet another player that has chosen to spend his entire career with "My Team."  He didn't go chasing Cups at the end of his career, he chose to end where he started.  Thank you Kronner for the great times, bad times and the times where some of us (me!) couldn't stop complaining about you!  But that is how you knew that we loved you! 

Should we add #55 to the "next number to be retired" debate?

He had a great career, and did a lot for us, but I do not think that 55 should be retired. I don't think it'll be used for a little while, but Kronwall doesn't quite feel like he belongs with the 5, 9, 19 etc. group. 

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Yeah, thats pretty ”decent”. 

He had a decent, nice career. He was a great Red Wing. Never elite. Tough when you're following in the strides of one of the best to ever lace them up, sure. Is he a HOFer or will he have his number retired? No, I don't think so, IMO. 

12 minutes ago, Ram said:

He had a decent, nice career. He was a great Red Wing. Never elite. Tough when you're following in the strides of one of the best to ever lace them up, sure. Is he a HOFer or will he have his number retired? No, I don't think so, IMO. 

I don’t think so too. But I still think that he had a great career. 

Thank you Kronwall for 15 years! Really is the official end of an era. I'm hoping they do a tribute for him at the home opener. 

As far as retiring him number, as much as I love him he's just not at that level. 

Edited by kliq

58 minutes ago, xault said:

Thanks you Niklas Kronwall for all the great memories. Sadly with Knrowall retiring we lose one of best chants as well.

I'll miss hits like this:

Nice vid, but how can they make an all time Kronwalling video with the Voracek hit? It was better than almost every one of these.

I'm a fan of the man... tough when you are expected to step into #5's shoes.  Nothing in that career to complain about. Sad to see that era end (or does it not *really* end until Helm is gone? ;))