• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Kronwall Officially Announces Retirement

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Isn't that what everyone wants though? Dress the best lineup every night, regardless of how long a player has been with the team or how much money they're making...

I'm sure Ericsson will see plenty of games this season anyway, with Green and Daley still on the roster, awaiting injuries...

My ideal defense for this season would be...

DeKeyser - Green
Nemeth - Hronek
Cholowski - Bowey
Ericsson

Daley traded

I'm okay with Cholowski getting big minutes in Grand Rapids, but would still prefer him in Detroit this season.

Agreed.  But want to see Seider for 9 games.  Yah?

36 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agreed.  But want to see Seider for 9 games.  Yah?

If he's ready, sure. If not, I'm more than okay with him spending a full season in Grand Rapids (hopefully) or Mannheim... I'm not too concerned about the 9 games though. If a player is ready, I'm fine with burning a year off the ELC.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having a top pair of Cholowski - Seider in GR for a season though...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If he's ready, sure. If not, I'm more than okay with him spending a full season in Grand Rapids (hopefully) or Mannheim... I'm not too concerned about the 9 games though. If a player is ready, I'm fine with burning a year off the ELC.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having a top pair of Cholowski - Seider in GR for a season though...

Even Lidstrom went back to Europe for two seasons after being drafted.

Cholowski - Seider
Hicketts - McIlrath
Lashoff - Lindstrom
Saarijarvi

That would be a pretty fun AHL lineup to watch this year. Is Lindstrom coming over this season? Can't remember, or maybe it hasn't been announced...

Then Ericsson and Daley - and possibly even Green - retire or move on after this season and we promote Cholowski and Seider to play the 2nd/3rd pair.

2020/21

Dekeyser - Hronek
Nemeth - Bowey
Cholowski - Seider
Kaski?

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Even Lidstrom went back to Europe for two seasons after being drafted.

Cholowski - Seider
Hicketts - McIlrath
Lashoff - Lindstrom
Saarijarvi

That would be a pretty fun AHL lineup to watch this year. Is Lindstrom coming over this season? Can't remember, or maybe it hasn't been announced...

Then Ericsson and Daley - and possibly even Green - retire or move on after this season and we promote Cholowski and Seider to play the 2nd/3rd pair.

2020/21

Dekeyser - Hronek
Nemeth - Bowey
Cholowski - Seider
Kaski?

As amazing as Lidstrom was though, he was still a 3rd round pick, so that was understand at the time. Yzerman was drafted 4th overall and made the Wings in his draft year. Different position, I know, but similar draft positions...

Yeah, that's what I'd like to see as well, but I think Kaski will at least start in Grand Rapids, unless he has an unreal camp, or we have a ton of injuries on the back end again. Yeah, Lindstrom will be playing in Grand Rapids this season.

Seider came over to NA with the mindset of staying, already played men´s hockey and he is able to compete strengthwise.

edit:We just have to wait and see how good he really is

Edited by ely s

18 minutes ago, ely s said:

Seider came over to NA with the mindset of staying, already played men´s hockey and he is able to compete strengthwise.

edit:We just have to wait and see how good he really is

Yeah, I hope he stays in North America. The question is, will he make the Wings out of camp (I doubt it), or will he start / play most / all of the season with the Griffs?...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I hope he stays in North America. The question is, will he make the Wings out of camp (I doubt it), or will he start / play most / all of the season with the Griffs?...

even he he could make the wings as a third pair d-man. I think playing a more prominent role in GR with less pressure would be the better fit.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

He gave an interview to the German section of NHL.com. In it he stated that he will miss his parents, but they are only one flight over the Atlantic away. Guess where his parents live: Mannheim, Germany. So if he doesn't stay in NA, he will stay in Mexico our South America. :D

Here's the interview btw:

https://www.nhl.com/de/video/moritz-seider-im-nhl-interview/t-277542274/c-68750203

38 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

He gave an interview to the German section of NHL.com. In it he stated that he will miss his parents, but they are only one flight over the Atlantic away. Guess where his parents live: Mannheim, Germany. So if he doesn't stay in NA, he will stay in Mexico our South America. :D

Here's the interview btw:

https://www.nhl.com/de/video/moritz-seider-im-nhl-interview/t-277542274/c-68750203

tI think our draft pick is super focused on getting to the next level...!

I totally loved the parents can fly over comment and just did a flight lookup on Delta.  From DTW to Frankfurt the closest airport to Mannheim(45 min) first class is like 5K per person dependent on times. From GR prices go all the way up to ~8k per person. So I would assume Moritz is picking up the tab so better for him to make the Wings roster so save some dollars when parents visit...LOL

Is there a subtitled version of the interview cause this Michigan boy that coverted to a redneck don't speak that there funny language. 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

15 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I totally loved the parents can fly over comment and just did a flight lookup on Delta.  From DTW to Frankfurt the closest airport to Mannheim(45 min) first class is like 5K per person dependent on times. From GR prices go all the way up to ~8k per person. So I would assume Moritz is picking up the tab so better for him to make the Wings roster so save some dollars when parents visit...LOL

Get the Seider House ready!  That would kick some ass.  In fact, it would rule!

41 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Is there a subtitled version of the interview cause this Michigan boy that coverted to a redneck don't speak that there funny language. 

I would do it, if I had the time. But I will watch the video and give you guys a summary.

There is nothing funny about our language by the way. We Germans don't have fun. Ever. :no:

Edited by derblaueClaus

39 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Well Mo just made $92.5K when he signed his contract a month and a half ago. He'll also make $925,000 annually this year if he makes the Wings and $832,500 annually if he goes back to Mannheim. If he goes to GR or OHL though he only gets 70K!!!

Gotta think my boy wants to play in Detroit or Germany, but if he's willing to stick it out in GR and be ready for call-ups and pay raises that would be much appreciated Mo.

Money has nothing to do with where he plays, he will play where it´s best for his development, that´s all he cares about, as AtlantaHotWings said ´getting to the next level´

Here are the more or less interesting takes form the video:

- he is proud wearing the Winged Wheel

- he wants to compete with the "big guys", wants to be with the Red Wings

- His role model is Scott Niedermayer, but he also loves the play of Roman Josi and Zack Werenski

- he was raised in Erfurt and was then invited by Mannheim at the age of 14. His parents gave up their Jobs and moved with him.

- the moment Yzerman took the stage his mom padded his knee and said "Now it's your turn."

- he usually takes his time with things, doesn't feel any pressure. He is usually calm on the ice.

- says it's an honor to represent Germany in the NHL

- huge amount of talented prospects in Detroit 

- learned a lot during the prospect camp

- he says he didn't saw a lot of the City of Detroit, but that you're near to Toronto and Chicago, that Lake Michigan isn't so far away and that there are areas around Detroit that are beautiful for sure. (:lol:)

- he still needs to get used being more in the center of media attention.

- he is a little afraid, but also very excited coming to North America

- is excited for the camps, they will decide what comes next after it

- he doesn't rule out coming back to Mannheim, but it's only the third option after the Red Wings and the Griffins

Edited by derblaueClaus

8 hours ago, derblaueClaus said:

Here are the more or less interesting takes form the video:

- he is proud wearing the Winged Wheel

- he wants to compete with the "big guys", wants to be with the Red Wings

- His role model is Scott Niedermayer, but he also loves the play of Roman Josi and Zack Werenski

- he was raised in Erfurt and was then invited by Mannheim at the age of 14. His parents gave up their Jobs and moved with him.

- the moment Yzerman took the stage his mom padded his knee and said "Now it's your turn."

- he usually takes his time with things, doesn't feel any pressure. He is usually calm on the ice.

- says it's an honor to represent Germany in the NHL

- huge amount of talented prospects in Detroit 

- learned a lot during the prospect camp

- he says he didn't saw a lot of the City of Detroit, but that you're near to Toronto and Chicago, that Lake Michigan isn't so far away and that there are areas around Detroit that are beautiful for sure. (:lol:)

- he still needs to get used being more in the center of media attention.

- he is a little afraid, but also very excited coming to North America

- is excited for the camps, they will decide what comes next after it

- he doesn't rule out coming back to Mannheim, but it's only the third option after the Red Wings and the Griffins

He should make the Wings.  Our defense is terrible.

19 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

He should make the Wings.  Our defense is terrible.

Yes, but I would still prefer him  playing in GR. I think first pair minutes in GR until the TDL and than on the second pairing in DET