• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

9/10 Prospect Tournament Championship Game GDT - Stars @ Red Wings - 5:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

So do we think Veleno makes the big team out of camp?

I'm gonna say no.  While in the old days Ken Holland might be tempted to break him in on the wing (and then pretend like no prospect has ever broken into the league at center), I don't think Yzerman operates that way.  And since we've got about 400 s***ty centers on one-way contracts I'm guessing that barring injury he'll start in the AHL.

Just now, kipwinger said:

I'm gonna say no.  While in the old days Ken Holland might be tempted to break him in on the wing (and then pretend like no prospect has ever broken into the league at center), I don't think Yzerman operates that way.  And since we've got about 400 s***ty centers on one-way contracts I'm guessing that barring injury he'll start in the AHL.

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting. He'd have to pull a Larkin and perform so well in camp that he looks like an unequivocal upgrade to our top-six winger group.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He scores more points, in fewer minutes, with roughly the same tough usage and he's just as good defensively.  But other than that?  No good reason.

Larkin best and second best season have more points than both of RNH's  best and second best. RNH is entering his seventh season with Larkin entering his fifth, so RNH should be ahead of the curve. 

13 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Larkin best and second best season have more points than both of RNH's  best and second best. RNH is entering his seventh season with Larkin entering his fifth, so RNH should be ahead of the curve. 

Only if you think that being thrown into Edmonton's lineup as an 18 year old top line center, during the bad old McTavish/Lowe days, was some sort of "advantage" and not a detriment.  I don't agree.  But nevertheless, the stats don't lie.  RNH scores at a higher rate, over a longer period of time, than Larkin does. 

Edited by kipwinger

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Only if you think that being thrown into Edmonton's lineup as an 18 year old top line center, during the bad old McTavish/Lowe days, was some sort of "advantage" and not a detriment.  I don't agree.  But nevertheless, the stats don't line.  RNH scores at a higher rate, over a longer period of time, than Larkin does. 

Hyphenated names are *****

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Only if you think that being thrown into Edmonton's lineup as an 18 year old top line center, during the bad old McTavish/Lowe days, was some sort of "advantage" and not a detriment.  I don't agree.  But nevertheless, the stats don't line.  RNH scores at a higher rate, over a longer period of time, than Larkin does. 

Alright and I believe that Larkins numbers will be better than Ryans comparables in two years.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hyphenated names are *****

No denying that, but I'd gladly tolerate the name if it means we'll finally have two decent centers.

Just now, Akakabuto said:

Alright and I believe that Larkins numbers will be better than Ryans comparables in two years.

Ok. 

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

How can we possibly know about things we haven't seen?!?  Like black holes.  Or, for half of you guys, a naked woman. 

Identify as female bc gender is a social construct. Decide to JO. After I'm done identify as male again.

Just got JO'ed by a girl. Cya virgins.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Identify as female bc gender is a social construct. Decide to JO. After I'm done identify as male again.

Just got JO'ed by a girl. Cya virgins.

Wouldn't that also make you a lesbian though?

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

RN-H is a cuck.

For what it's worth I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

I sexually Identify as Henrik Zetterberg. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of skating over the ice of JLA whipping nasty back-handers into the nets of enemy goalies. People say to me that you can't identify as an already living person, and that I am not Henrik Zetterberg trapped in a less athletic body, but I don't care, I'm beautiful and this is my truth. I'm having a plastic surgeon install more hair follicles into my face to make my beard thicker, and I'm transplanting my vocal cords with Swedish ones. From now on I want you guys to call me "Hank" and respect me as the captain of this team. If you can't accept me you're a Z-phobe and need to check your privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

55 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

How can we possibly know about things we haven't seen?!?  Like black holes.  Or, for half of you guys, a naked woman. 

Wait. What?  They can take their clothes off?

My wife's been lying to me for years.

Edited by e_prime

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I sexually Identify as Henrik Zetterberg. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of skating over the ice of JLA whipping nasty back-handers into the nets of enemy goalies. People say to me that you can't identify as an already living person, and that I am not Henrik Zetterberg trapped in a less athletic body, but I don't care, I'm beautiful and this is my truth. I'm having a plastic surgeon install more hair follicles into my face to make my beard thicker, and I'm transplanting my vocal cords with Swedish ones. From now on I want you guys to call me "Hank" and respect me as the captain of this team. If you can't accept me you're a Z-phobe and need to check your privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Related image

16 hours ago, Dabura said:

So do we think Veleno makes the big team out of camp?

Seeing how Grand Master Y signed the old salt Filppula - I'm guessing it'll take an injury, or an impressive showing in pre-season for Veleno to make the roster for opening night.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Seeing how Grand Master Y signed the old salt Filppula - I'm guessing it'll take an injury, or an impressive showing in pre-season for Veleno to make the roster for opening night.

Honestly, I don't think a "merely" impressive showing in preseason would do it. I'm thinking he'd have to absolutely crush it. And that's assuming he has no shot at becoming one of our top two or three centermen straight out of camp, i.e. he'd have to be a (top-six) winger.

Which isn't to say that I disagree with the idea that he needs to be playing big minutes every night, preferably as a centerman (and, therefore, as a Griffin).