• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

e_prime

Oh Captain, No Captain?

Rate this topic

I don't really buy that Yzerman needing more time to get to know the players is why they're holding off. I don't think it's necessarily the wrong call to hold off tho, and I'm sure they have good reasons for going this way.

We've lost two bedrock leaders in a two-year span in Zetterberg and Kronwall. And that's happening right in the middle of a painful rebuild. And Yzerman has given every indication that he expects the team to suck this season. And Larkin is an emotional guy who maybe doesn't need to be shouldering the weight of a tank team's shortcomings any more than he did last season, all when what the organization truly needs him to do in the here & now is focus on becoming a Selke-caliber heavyweight centerman in the mold of Ryan O'Reilly. Work on the two-way game (-6 last season). Cut down on the penalties (75 mins last season). Keep improving at faceoffs (54.5% last season).

So I'm guessing they're protecting Larkin and the other top young roster players. Let them focus on playing hockey. Guard against a "Wings fans thought the future was now. Turns out the young core isn't ready for prime time. Now the question becomes 'Where does the organization go from here?'" media BS.

Or maybe they're just gonna give Larkin the C at the end of camp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I don't really buy that Yzerman needing more time to get to know the players is why they're holding off. I don't think it's necessarily the wrong call to hold off tho, and I'm sure they have good reasons for going this way.

We've lost two bedrock leaders in a two-year span in Zetterberg and Kronwall. And that's happening right in the middle of a painful rebuild. And Yzerman has given every indication that he expects the team to suck this season. And Larkin is an emotional guy who maybe doesn't need to be shouldering the weight of a tank team's shortcomings any more than he did last season, all when what the organization truly needs him to do in the here & now is focus on becoming a Selke-caliber heavyweight centerman in the mold of Ryan O'Reilly. Work on the two-way game (-6 last season). Cut down on the penalties (75 mins last season). Keep improving at faceoffs (54.5% last season).

So I'm guessing they're protecting Larkin and the other top young roster players. Let them focus on playing hockey. Guard against a "Wings fans thought the future was now. Turns out the young core isn't ready for prime time. Now the question becomes 'Where does the organization go from here?'" media BS.

Or maybe they're just gonna give Larkin the C at the end of camp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Larkin is lockerroom cancer

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

Retired Zetterberg when he hears Larkin blasting Taylor Swift's new album after an OT loss to the Sens:

That's MLB in a nutshell though - entitled jerkoffs who participate in a casual match (although I will say that 162 is ridiculous, but the amount of traveling they do is more exhausting than the game itself).

Was watching a Brewer game a few nights ago...Had a camera inside the dugout that stretched longitudinal...The amount of $hit, and garbage  that was scattered all around the place - these guys are worse than spoiled 4 yr olds for f**ks sake!

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I heard that Larkin found Hudler's address book under a rug in the players lounge. 

$5 says it was full of coke dealers, pimps, and chocolate ho's...