• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Neomaxizoomdweebie

2019 Training Camp

Rate this topic

Media person asking Yzerman to write her "The Captain's Homecoming Starts Now" piece for her: "Give us a sense what it was like sitting up in the crow's nest watching your team in Traverse City."

Yzerman, with a straight face: "WELL, I thought all three practices have been very good. The drills were very good. Jeff's very well-organized and they worked very hard."

lmao

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Seider stayed after scrimmages, practicing on his own. Would post images if I could post my own stuff on here.

You could upload them to a pic sharing site, if you're comfortable with that. Then all you have to do is post the URLs. Postimage is pretty good.

Edited by Dabura

16 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Media person asking Yzerman to write her "The Captain's Homecoming Starts Now" piece for her: 

lmao

Pretty sure that was HSJ. She's used to Kenny serving it up. 

Fav. part "Art, you're always negative" lol

Also, getting some strong "Seider might make the team" vibes. 

I dunno, watched this last night. Had a few. Maybe I was just high or something. 

22 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'm kinda getting that vibe too.

It's gonna be real interesting seeing how he does in exhibition action.

yep, tomorrow we will get a first taste in the red and white game and if I´m not mistaken I heard he´s playing in the game against Chicago (2nd preseason game). I think Blash said so today in the TC coverage, but I´m not a 100% sure. I´ve seen so many videos the last two weeks that I don´t really know where I heard it...

edit: Blash wanted to see him play against Kane and Toews, to see how far/good Seider really is.

Edited by ely s

11 minutes ago, ely s said:

yep, tomorrow we will get a first taste in the red and white game and if I´m not mistaken I heard he´s playing in the game against Chicago (2nd preseason game). I think Blash said so today in the TC coverage, but I´m not a 100% sure. I´ve seen so many videos the last two weeks that I don´t really know where I heard it...

edit: Blash wanted to see him play against Kane and Toews, to see how far/good Seider really is.

Yup, that Chicago game is his "debut."

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Also, getting some strong "Seider might make the team" vibes. 

I dunno, watched this last night. Had a few. Maybe I was just high or something. 

all three, SY, JB and Ben Simon, were asked a lot of questions about Seider and they all tried to keep expectations as low as possible without really managing to do so. So yeah, there are a lot of vibes this way, but I don´t see a roster spot for him right now with the way our roster looks in the moment. On the right side Green and Hronek seem to be set, as well as Nemeth and DK on the left. Than you have Bowey,Daley and Ericsson who have to clear waivers. So it´s a bit difficult as of today, but preseason is yet to come and injuries might open a spot. He still has to deliver though...

29 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yup, that Chicago game is his "debut."

Kirby's gonna get slapped

1 minute ago, ely s said:

all three, SY, JB and Ben Simon, were asked a lot of questions about Seider and they all tried to keep expectations as low as possible without really managing to do so. So yeah, there are a lot of vibes this way, but I don´t see a roster spot for him right now with the way our roster looks in the moment. On the right side Green and Hronek seem to be set, as well as Nemeth and DK on the left. Than you have Bowey,Daley and Ericsson who have to clear waivers. So it´s a bit difficult as of today, but preseason is yet to come and injuries might open a spot. He still has to deliver though...

Yzerman would send these guys packing in a heartbeat for his boy Mo

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Kirby's gonna get slapped

Yzerman would send these guys packing in a heartbeat for his boy Mo

I would love to see them both on the ice in that game, but I don´t know how serious the concussion thing with Dach is.

As for the three, you still want a good return for them and the start of the season might not be the right time for that, but yeah I totally agree, he would send them packing.

Can anyone remember an 18 yo defenseman playing for Detroit in the last 25 years? I cannot...

45 minutes ago, ely s said:

I would love to see them both on the ice in that game, but I don´t know how serious the concussion thing with Dach is.

As for the three, you still want a good return for them and the start of the season might not be the right time for that, but yeah I totally agree, he would send them packing.

Can anyone remember an 18 yo defenseman playing for Detroit in the last 25 years? I cannot...

Fischer was 19 I believe. 

yep Primeau, Martin Lapointe was drafted the year after but only played 4 games in his draft year

edit: Primeau played more than 50 games in his draft year

Edited by ely s

2 hours ago, ely s said:

If we lost any of Bowey, Daley and Ericsson... would anyone really care?  Or would we celebrate?

2 minutes ago, mackel said:

If we lost any of Bowey, Daley and Ericsson... would anyone really care?  Or would we celebrate?

it´s not that we really need them, but to give them away for free when you put them on waivers...

although they might not be our favourite Wings, they are still experienced NHL players.

1 hour ago, ely s said:

it´s not that we really need them, but to give them away for free when you put them on waivers...

although they might not be our favourite Wings, they are still experienced NHL players.

I have no doubt Ericsson and Daley would clear, Bowey would probably get picked up though.

For another team to take on Ericsson or Daley we probably need retain half salary and trade. Might be easier to do that if we let them start on the roster. But if we really want to add Seider we can waive one or both of them I'd think.