• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Neomaxizoomdweebie

2019 Training Camp

Rate this topic

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I have no doubt Ericsson and Daley would clear, Bowey would probably get picked up though.

For another team to take on Ericsson or Daley we probably need retain half salary and trade. Might be easier to do that if we let them start on the roster. But if we really want to add Seider we can waive one or both of them I'd think.

Bowey and Daley are 2/3 of our diversity triangle. Some of u guys are so racist.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I have no doubt Ericsson and Daley would clear, Bowey would probably get picked up though.

For another team to take on Ericsson or Daley we probably need retain half salary and trade. Might be easier to do that if we let them start on the roster. But if we really want to add Seider we can waive one or both of them I'd think.

Sure with their salaries they would clear, but no one would even give you a conditional 7th round pick at th TDL if you send them to GR. In the end it´s a numbers game and I think Seider has to make the impression that there is no way around him to force a move like that, but hey all he does is to continue to impress.

does anyone know with whom he trained after practice?

www.nhl.com/redwings/news/notes-seider-impressing-through-prospect-tournament-start-of-camp/c-309139322   

that article sums up most videos I´ve seen quite well

Edited by ely s

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Where do you guys find good coverage on the camp?

Interested to see which players are on team red and white.

All coverage from Development Camp / Prospects Tournament / Training Camp / Red and White Game is streamed live on YouTube and the Red Wings official Facebook / Twitter. 

Game is over and it was pretty boring and I didn't learn much.

• Hronek is low-key great.
  • Erne seems decent enough.
  • I want Kaski on the left side on one of our PP units; his shot appears to be as good as advertised, buried a nice one-timer in 3-on-3 action.
  • Veleno and Seider were quiet. (To be fair, most players were quiet.)
  • Zadina had two or three solid chances and couldn't convert, so that maddening trend continues. Sigh.
  • Rasmussen was playing center. I didn't really notice him.
  • Bertuzzi does the little things right.
  • Ericsson almost murdered Chris Terry.
  • To my eye, Ericsson actually looked more mobile than Nemeth. For what that's worth.
  • Hirose almost murdered Pickard on a drive to the net. He definitely looks quicker than he did last season. His shot is kinda poop, I guess, but I like him as a smart, shifty, Nyquist-esque playmaker.

Not shown in that second clip: Erne got the puck at his blue line right at the beginning of his shift and he tore into the offensive zone like a bat out of hell. Several things I like about Erne's work on this sequence: he recognized that he had a man changing behind the play, he drew attention to himself with the hard drive around the net, and I'm guessing he recognized the shot threat in Kaski as he (Erne) was busting into the o-zone and that he trusted that Kaski would put himself in position for a cross-ice feed -- and even if Kaski failed to do so, Erne would have the late man with fresh legs coming off the bench.

Way-too-early opening night lineup projection based mostly on the combinations we saw in today's game:

Bertuzzi  Larkin  Mantha
Athanasiou  Filppula  Hirose
Erne  Nielsen  Zadina
Helm  Glendening  Abdelkader
de la Rose, Ehn

DeKeyser  Hronek
Nemeth  Green
Ericsson  Daley
Bowey

From where I stand, that 3RW spot is up for grabs. I have Zadina there because I think we need at least one high-skill scorer in the bottom-six mix, but Zadina has to prove he's ready to be an NHL scorer and, imo, he hasn't been doing that. "So why give him the spot?" He's generating Grade A chances in every game ("game"). He's doing everything but score goals. You give him the spot if you believe he's simply snakebitten right now and is poised to explode.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You mean, like, if Lafreniere was center and he was on his wing? :lol:

Nope, I already said I wouldn't want Lafreniere as a center on this team. Larkin and Veleno will be more than capable top six centers for the next decade.

Kaski recently made the switch from wing to defense, and I think maybe he could be a more useful winger than defenseman. He has a high hockey IQ, but isn't great in his own zone. Pretty good skater and a weapon of a shot.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Old Alfredsson
Brunner
Frk
Pulkkinen
Old Vanek

I tend to agree, but do you think that's better, worse or about the same as he would look as a defenseman? I can see him thriving on the power-play, but being a non-factor or possibly even a liability at 5-on-5...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Kaski recently made the switch from wing to defense, and I think maybe he could be a more useful winger than defenseman. He has a high hockey IQ, but isn't great in his own zone. Pretty good skater and a weapon of a shot.

I'd totally forgotten he played forward. Good call. Do you know when he made the switch? Was it last season?

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I tend to agree, but do you think that's better, worse or about the same as he would look as a defenseman? I can see him thriving on the power-play, but being a non-factor or possibly even a liability at 5-on-5...

I'm just s***posting, tbh. Based on my extreeeemely limited exposure to him (highlights vids on YouTube and today's scrimmage), I do think making him "position fluid" might be the best way of maximizing his strengths and minimizing his shortcomings. Specifically: running him as a forward at 5-on-5 and as a point man on the PP.

20 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'd totally forgotten he played forward. Good call. Do you know when he made the switch? Was it last season?

Not sure, nope. Definitely was longer than a year ago though. I think it might have been a few years ago.

15 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'm just s***posting, tbh. Based on my extreeeemely limited exposure to him (highlights vids on YouTube and today's scrimmage), I do think making him "position fluid" might be the best way of maximizing his strengths and minimizing his shortcomings. Specifically: running him as a forward at 5-on-5 and as a point man on the PP.

Frk is exactly what came to mind when I initially asked the question though. Although, I still think Frk was a useful player in a similar, limited role.

I'm not saying I'd necessarily make the switch, but I think it would definitely be worth experimenting with...

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Not sure, nope. Definitely was longer than a year ago though. I think it might have been a few years ago.

Frk is exactly what came to mind when I initially asked the question though. Although, I still think Frk was a useful player in a similar, limited role.

I'm not saying I'd necessarily make the switch, but I think it would definitely be worth experimenting with...

The season needs to hurry up and start already. I know that much.

15 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

So what are the chances Zadina scores in the red/white game?

Zero.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Way-too-early opening night lineup projection based mostly on the combinations we saw in today's game:

Bertuzzi  Larkin  Mantha
Athanasiou  Filppula  Hirose
Erne  Nielsen  Zadina
Helm  Glendening  Abdelkader
de la Rose, Ehn

DeKeyser  Hronek
Nemeth  Green
Ericsson  Daley
Bowey

From where I stand, that 3RW spot is up for grabs. I have Zadina there because I think we need at least one high-skill scorer in the bottom-six mix, but Zadina has to prove he's ready to be an NHL scorer and, imo, he hasn't been doing that. "So why give him the spot?" He's generating Grade A chances in every game ("game"). He's doing everything but score goals. You give him the spot if you believe he's simply snakebitten right now and is poised to explode.

Daley was paired with Mo' Cider

45 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Daley was paired with Mo' Cider

Yup. Which might not bode well for Seider's push to make the team.

I figure the top four is pretty much set. Nemeth may be vulnerable, but I think they want to have a couple of big-bodied shutdown guys in the top four (DeKeyser being the other one). Blashill's been saying for a while now that the team needs to improve defensively and drastically cut down on goals against.

So, if Seider isn't playing big minutes, do we even want him on the team right now? Feels like it's top four or bust, in which case he'll need to have a hell of a preseason if he wants to be on the opening night roster.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Yup. Which might not bode well for Seider's push to make the team.

I figure the top four is pretty much set. Nemeth may be vulnerable, but I think they want to have a couple of big-bodied shutdown guys in the top four (DeKeyser being the other one). Blashill's been saying for a while now that the team needs to improve defensively and drastically cut down on goals against.

So, if Seider isn't playing big minutes, do we even want him on the team right now? Feels like it's top four or bust, in which case he'll need to have a hell of a preseason if he wants to be on the opening night roster.

I'm all for a Cholowski - Seider top pairing in Grand Rapids.