• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

9/18 Preseason GDT - Red Wings @ Blackhawks - 8:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

Well, here's a few takeaways from me after watching tonight's game.

Veleno is very noticeable, he can create chances, and how he can build speed in a moment and move past players is impressive. He had some good chances, and was likely the best offensive player on the ice tonight, even if he didn't get a point. 

Hirose plays with energy on every single shift and makes few mistakes. 

Zadina is just awkward, I don't know how else to explain it. It's just a bit uncomfortable watching him. Toward the end of the game, he raised his stick to call for the puck, and then just stumbled over his own feet randomly. He then had a wide open shot in front of the net with 10 seconds left in the game, and decided to pass it behind the net instead. There was zero reason not to shoot down by one goal there with 10 seconds left. 

Seider moves the puck well, passes well, and has good vision. He had a good blend of passing and shooting, and his shooting decisions were generally good ones. He played his position well.

Smith came off the bench to go fight a player that ran one of our guys, Erne I think it was. He's going to stick up for his team mates, and he's a pretty good scrapper also. I like the heart.

Ericsson sucks, and played a below average defensive game. 

Terry was the surprise player for me, had a couple good chances and damn near had a nice wrap around goal toward the end of the game. 

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Heading out to the Red Lobster buffet?

Hey the biscuits at this place were not Red Lobster good

38 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Smith is scrappy, got into a brawl, now he's chirping Toews near the benches. I like it.

Ericsson sucks even in preseason

It's the only way he's gonna make this team and he knos it

18 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Well, here's a few takeaways from me after watching tonight's game.

Veleno is very noticeable, he can create chances, and how he can build speed in a moment and move past players is impressive. He had some good chances, and was likely the best offensive player on the ice tonight, even if he didn't get a point. 

Hirose plays with energy on every single shift and makes few mistakes. 

Zadina is just awkward, I don't know how else to explain it. It's just a bit uncomfortable watching him. Toward the end of the game, he raised his stick to call for the puck, and then just stumbled over his own feet randomly. He then had a wide open shot in front of the net with 10 seconds left in the game, and decided to pass it behind the net instead. There was zero reason not to shoot down by one goal there with 10 seconds left. 

Seider moves the puck well, passes well, and has good vision. He had a good blend of passing and shooting, and his shooting decisions were generally good ones. He played his position well.

Smith came off the bench to go fight a player that ran one of our guys, Erne I think it was. He's going to stick up for his team mates, and he's a pretty good scrapper also. I like the heart.

Ericsson sucks, and played a below average defensive game. 

Terry was the surprise player for me, had a couple good chances and damn near had a nice wrap around goal toward the end of the game. 

Missed the 2nd half of the game, but you pretty much nailed what I've been thinking.

Veleno is gonna be good. You can tell. He's got 2C written up and down him. While it's sort of Seider's hype year, Veleno has probably been the most impressive player so far.

Hirose is like David Perron. You never really think about Perron, or talk about Perron, but he's there, quietly scoring 60 to 70 pts as a complimentary player.

Zadina is a mess and I don't see him ever being the star he was drafted to be. I've said it since October of last year; he's Hudler. He's never gonna drive play. He's simply an offensive weapon for a Larkin or Veleno to utilize. I think we should give him some time yet to change my mind, but if he has a good year towards the end of a contract, sell high on him and don't look back.

Seider has a lot going on between the ears. Whereas Larkin and AA are more instinctual players IMO who seem to be able to do fast paced maneuvers b4 even thinking about doing them, Seider is more cerebral like a Lidstrom or Zetterberg. I've really missed that and glad to see a player like that join the fold again.

Smith is the newest installment of Justin Abdelkader. Just don't pay him too much.

Ericsson is good at what he does: Being a Pylon. Unfortunately for him the modern NHL has made pylons completely obsolete.

Terry is a classic AHL try hard. Not much more to be said.

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hey the biscuits at this place were not Red Lobster good

It's the only way he's gonna make this team and he knos it

Missed the 2nd half of the game, but you pretty much nailed what I've been thinking.

Veleno is gonna be good. You can tell. He's got 2C written up and down him. While it's sort of Seider's hype year, Veleno has probably been the most impressive player so far.

Hirose is like David Perron. You never really think about Perron, or talk about Perron, but he's there, quietly scoring 60 to 70 pts as a complimentary player.

Zadina is a mess and I don't see him ever being the star he was drafted to be. I've said it since October of last year; he's Hudler. He's never gonna drive play. He's simply an offensive weapon for a Larkin or Veleno to utilize. I think we should give him some time yet to change my mind, but if he has a good year towards the end of a contract, sell high on him and don't look back.

Seider has a lot going on between the ears. Whereas Larkin and AA are more instinctual players IMO who seem to be able to do fast paced maneuvers b4 even thinking about doing them, Seider is more cerebral like a Lidstrom or Zetterberg. I've really missed that and glad to see a player like that join the fold again.

Smith is the newest installment of Justin Abdelkader. Just don't pay him too much.

Ericsson is good at what he does: Being a Pylon. Unfortunately for him the modern NHL has made pylons completely obsolete.

Terry is a classic AHL try hard. Not much more to be said.

My 2 cents

Watching Zadina, he clearly has the skill. I wonder about his brain. 

Seider should start the season with Nemeth on the 2nd pair. 

If Zadina is Hudler until he figures his s*** out, then Veleno is Lanky Helm until he converts on some chances. 

Rasmussen is going to CRUSH in a couple of years. I think this is the safest thing I can say about any of theses prospect's projections. 

55 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Watching Zadina, he clearly has the skill. I wonder about his brain. 

I'm confident he'll figure it out.

59 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If Zadina is Hudler until he figures his s*** out, then Veleno is Lanky Helm until he converts on some chances. 

Converts on some chances? Veleno just doubled his goal totals in the Q last season from the season before, and potted 7 goals in 4 games in the Prospects Tournament. But maybe you're being a little facetious based on the "Zadina is Hudler" comments?...

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Rasmussen is going to CRUSH in a couple of years. I think this is the safest thing I can say about any of theses prospect's projections. 

I hope you're right. I've been impressed with what I've seen from him the past two pre-season games...

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm confident he'll figure it out.

Yeah Maybe

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Converts on some chances? Veleno just doubled his goal totals in the Q last season from the season before, and potted 7 goals in 4 games in the Prospects Tournament. But maybe you're being a little facetious based on the "Zadina is Hudler" comments?...

A little facetious yes, but remember, Helm had a 41 goal 79 point in 70 game year in the WHL (which was a tough-ass league to play in those days). 

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I hope you're right. I've been impressed with what I've seen from him the past two pre-season games...

It will be almost impossible for him not to get there. He's a freak.

57 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah Maybe

A little facetious yes, but remember, Helm had a 41 goal 79 point in 70 game year in the WHL (which was a tough-ass league to play in those days). 

It will be almost impossible for him not to get there. He's a freak.

Rasmussen next to Christopher Ehn

DQljWyzVAAAWq16.jpg

So the Red Wings had a Corsi 5v5 possession of 36.9% last night

Seider had a 5v5 corsi possession of 54.05% (best on the team)

He also logged more minutes 5v5 than any other wing besides Green (17:40 min) and Green only played 6 more seconds than he. Green's corsi was also a trash 25.81%.

Kids GOING to make the team this year

Also I didn't realize that Larsson took over for Bernier last night. Think I was out having dinner and missed it. 0.938 sv% and 2.45 GAA. How'd he look otherwise?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So the Red Wings had a Corsi possession of 36.9% last night

Seider had a corsi possession of 54.05% (best on the team)

He also logged more minutes than any other wing besides Green (17:40 min) and Green only played 6 more seconds than he. Green's corsi was also a trash 25.81%.

Also I didn't realize that Larsson took over for Bernier last night. Think I was out having dinner and missed it. 0.938 sv% and 2.45 GAA. How'd he look otherwise?

Beat clean by a Keith slapper between arm and body. Probably like that one back. Looked OK otherwise. Like most rookies, needs to work on rebound control. 

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Its a Seattle Thunderbirds(WHL) jersey

Thunderbirds is a cool name desu

Oh, ok! I was just going by the (thought to be) NHL on the shoulder, but now that I look closer it's a WHL, just like the one on Ras's...I'm silly. 

Edited by LeftWinger

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So the Red Wings had a Corsi 5v5 possession of 36.9% last night

Seider had a 5v5 corsi possession of 54.05% (best on the team)

He also logged more minutes 5v5 than any other wing besides Green (17:40 min) and Green only played 6 more seconds than he. Green's corsi was also a trash 25.81%.

I think I already mentioned it once or twice, I have not seen a d-man like him in a Wings jersey for a long time, sure he´s not perfect but he is only 18 and only going to be better.

1 hour ago, ely s said:

I think I already mentioned it once or twice, I have not seen a d-man like him in a Wings jersey for a long time, sure he´s not perfect but he is only 18 and only going to be better.

I’m trying to watch myself from becoming too HYPE about the kid. That draftpick could become legendary.