• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

I got sucked in! I ordered NHL.TV for the season

Rate this topic

I got sucked in to these early rookie tournament and preseason wins, and got NHL.TV for the season. A first time for me! I'm not expecting the playoffs, but it could be a fun year with all these young guys. I may regret my purchase after a couple weeks into the season, when the games are for real, but we'll see :lol:

No TV for tonight against the Islanders though, darn! I may have to check out Bruins-Flyers

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I've had it for the past, I don't even know how long... As long as it's been a thing I guess... Money well spent.

Yeah, $179 + tax (I'm Canadian) for the season is a good deal. If I miss a game, I can always watch it later. I was watching some of the Sept 17th game against the B. Hawks.

49 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That's exactly what they want you to do

Gotta get my money's worth! :lol:

Just now, Barrie said:

Yeah, $179 + tax (I'm Canadian) for the season is a good deal. If I miss a game, I can always watch it later. I was watching some of the Sept 17th game against the B. Hawks.

This is probs the real advantage over a free live stream. Personally I can't watch sports if I already know the result.

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is probs the real advantage over a free live stream. Personally I can't watch sports if I already know the result.

I can rarely watch games live on Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights so this is definitely an advantage for me. I'm almost always an hour or more behind (try not to check the score)... Which is why I'm rarely involved in GDT's...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I can rarely watch games live on Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights so this is definitely an advantage for me. I'm almost always an hour or more behind (try not to check the score)... Which is why I'm rarely involved in GDT's...

I have the same app on my phone that I think @Barrie does where basically an atom bomb goes off every time the Wings score so I always know the score unfortunately. But it's reminded me more than a few times that a game is going on when I'm doing something else way less important like spending time with my family.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I have the same app on my phone that I think @Barrie does where basically an atom bomb goes off every time the Wings score so I always know the score unfortunately. But it's reminded me more than a few times that a game is going on when I'm doing something else way less important like spending time with my family.

Can you please explain this to my wife?  She doesn't understand the 945 am to 845 pm football Sunday program.  I can hide the hockey in my work hrs usually.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Haha you can always change the notifications, so that you get the one for start of game or periods or whatever, and not get the ones for goals...

Also, one thing that I forgot to mention, the best thing about NHL.tv, every game you can pick between home and away feeds, so every game is Ken and Mick. 

Yeah the NHL app. A goal horn goes off when we score.

It's funny when you're out in public and it goes off. I'm self employed, I've been in a middle of a quote and the horn goes off. The potential client looks at me, and I say, "Oh, the Red Wings just scored"

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

Can you please explain this to my wife?  She doesn't understand the 945 am to 845 pm football Sunday program.  I can hide the hockey in my work hrs usually.

I don't watch handegg unfortunately so i don't know you pain. Think my spartys are gonna stomp ur wolverines this year thou. OT with the army? Really?

8 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Yeah the NHL app. A goal horn goes off when we score.

It's funny when you're out in public and it goes off. I'm self employed, I've been in a middle of a quote and the horn goes off. The potential client looks at me, and I say, "Oh, the Red Wings just scored"

I (not self employed) have a few big clients in French Canada and they would probably be thrilled if my goal horn went off in a meeting. Unfortunately, 90% of America only watches handegg, hoopballl, or luckswing

I snagged it for a month to make sure I could avoid blackouts with a VPN. HATE. THE. BLACKOUTS.

Even the free stream game on the Isle was blacked out for me on newyorkislanders.com ...but by then the Internet thought I was in Finland. lol

5 hours ago, solarion said:

I snagged it for a month to make sure I could avoid blackouts with a VPN. HATE. THE. BLACKOUTS.

Even the free stream game on the Isle was blacked out for me on newyorkislanders.com ...but by then the Internet thought I was in Finland. lol

I have to use a VPN for every game against the Habs and Sens. I have no idea why, but f*** those two teams...