• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

9/26 Preseason GDT - Blues @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM EST (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

I'm assuming we'll see a much better lineup tonight...

I'd like to see a glimpse into the not so distant future in one of the next three games...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Athanasiou - Veleno - Zadina
Hirose - Rasmussen - Svechnikov
Erne - Pearson - Glendening

Hronek - Seider
DeKeyser - Bowey
Cholowski - Kaski

Larsson

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm assuming we'll see a much better lineup tonight...

I'd like to see a glimpse into the not so distant future in one of the next three games...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Athanasiou - Veleno - Zadina
Hirose - Rasmussen - Svechnikov
Erne - Pearson - Glendening

Hronek - Seider
DeKeyser - Bowey
Cholowski - Kaski

Larsson

I've been playing around with possible 2020-21 lineups. Feels to me like the potential for a young, exciting, overachieving lineup is there, especially if we land an NHL-ready stud in the upcoming draft.

I think my biggest concern -- to be clear, *about next season*, not the long term -- are the middle-six center spots. If neither Rasmussen nor Veleno is ready to be a full-time NHL 2C...surely we wouldn't just go with Filppulaweissnielsenfilppula for yet another season...right? Do we put AA back at center as a stopgap?

Before Blashill came out and said he and Yzerman want Rasmussen to be a shutdown centermen, I'd thought there was an outside chance that we might pony up for Schenn or Nugent-Hopkins or maybe even Backstrom next summer. But the vibes I'm getting now are "We're gonna wait and see what we have in the center prospects."

Edited by Dabura

8 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Line-up!

That second line. :punk:

Would be nice to get AA and Seider the national broadcast exposure, but I guess AA really is a bit banged up and Seider's probably exhausted. Oh well. I'll take it!

Edited by Dabura

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I've been playing around with possible 2020-21 lineups. Feels to me like the potential for a young, exciting, overachieving lineup is there, especially if we land an NHL-ready stud in the upcoming draft.

I think my biggest concern -- to be clear, *about next season*, not the long term* -- are the middle-six center spots. If neither Rasmussen nor Veleno is ready to be a full-time NHL 2C...surely we wouldn't just go with Filppulaweissnielsenfilppula for yet another season...right? Do we put AA back at center as a stopgap?

Before Blashill came out and said he and Yzerman want Rasmussen to be a shutdown centermen, I'd thought there was an outside chance that we might pony up for Schenn or Nugent-Hopkins or maybe even Backstrom next summer. But the vibes I'm getting now are "We're gonna wait and see what we have in the center prospects."

I think so

Nvm scrap everything.

I think Nielsen/Rasmussen/Veleno are our true centers going forwards. I think Filppula maybe moves to LW after this season.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think my biggest concern -- to be clear, *about next season*, not the long term -- are the middle-six center spots. If neither Rasmussen nor Veleno is ready to be a full-time NHL 2C...surely we wouldn't just go with Filppulaweissnielsenfilppula for yet another season...right? Do we put AA back at center as a stopgap?

Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what we'll see next season...

I'm hoping we will trade Nielsen soon (by next offseason). Veleno spends most / a full season in GR as the 1C, and comes up full time next season to fight Filppula for the 2C/3C slot.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think so

Nvm scrap everything.

I think Nielsen/Rasmussen/Veleno are our true centers going forwards. I think Filppula maybe moves to LW after this season.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what we'll see next season...

I'm hoping we will trade Nielsen soon (by next offseason). Veleno spends most / a full season in GR as the 1C, and comes up full time next season to fight Filppula for the 2C/3C slot.

plz no more old broken 2Cs plz i beg of u

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Just insert Athanasiou on the 2nd line and drop Hirose down to the 3rd line in Ehn's spot, and that would be a lethal top 9...

Not sure there'd be enough "grit" on a second of AA-Veleno-Zadina, but I'd like to see it anyway. Certainly Joey V has shown more willingness to trade paint than I'd envisioned from the lad.

It'd certainly be a line that'd make the opposition pay for any mistakes.

19 minutes ago, solarion said:

Not sure there'd be enough "grit" on a second of AA-Veleno-Zadina, but I'd like to see it anyway. Certainly Joey V has shown more willingness to trade paint than I'd envisioned from the lad.

It'd certainly be a line that'd make the opposition pay for any mistakes.

I believe that's an old school mentality that unfortunately Blashill still tries to apply to each of his lines... Most top lines in the league don't have much "grit". They beat you with skill. That's not to say that would be a formidable 2nd line *yet*, but the potential is definitely there in my opinion. As long as you have players that can hold on to the puck and make plays when they have it, and retrieve pucks when they don't, you don't need "grit"

26 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Byram sent back to the CHL
Bouchard sent back to the CHL
Cozens sent back to the CHL

SEIDER REMAINS

Xavier Ouellet on waivers today

Not much risk Seider is banished to Mannheim, I shouldn't think. At worst he's a Griffin to start the season...and with the fragility of Green, Ericsson, and Daley... I believe I'd rather see Moritz get the first call up over Cholowski, but they're both worthy.

Bummer for XO.

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

As long as you have players that can hold on to the puck and make plays when they have it, and retrieve pucks when they don't, you don't need "grit"

That's kinda the bottom line. Though clearly skilled and not exactly small...I've seen Zadina pushed off the puck numerous times in pre-season play, even by other prospects. Yeah it's part of the learning process, but the same crap doesn't fly with Veleno and the two guys are about the same dimensions. Officially Veleno is about an inch taller and Zadina is a couple pounds heavier. Veleno is just better at protecting the puck from what I've seen.

I like to see the line, but for me at least Zadina looks pretty soft and AA isn't exactly a tank.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

yes
yes
yes
NO

yes
yes
NO

NO
yes

R u playing 'would you do her?' with ur cousin at the family reunion?

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Just insert Athanasiou on the 2nd line and drop Hirose down to the 3rd line in Ehn's spot, and that would be a lethal top 9...

You changed ur avatar. I thought CRL was the Seider fanboy.

26 minutes ago, solarion said:

That's kinda the bottom line. Though clearly skilled and not exactly small...I've seen Zadina pushed off the puck numerous times in pre-season play, even by other prospects. Yeah it's part of the learning process, but the same crap doesn't fly with Veleno and the two guys are about the same dimensions. Officially Veleno is about an inch taller and Zadina is a couple pounds heavier. Veleno is just better at protecting the puck from what I've seen.

I like to see the line, but for me at least Zadina looks pretty soft and AA isn't exactly a tank.

I don't disagree. That line would be fun and horrifying to watch now, but that's why I said "not so distant future". Give them all another year or so training with pro's on and off the ice, and they could be a very strong 2nd line.

26 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No, apparently me and @The 91 of Ryans are way bigger Seider fans than @ChristopherReevesLegs...

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

55 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No, apparently me and @The 91 of Ryans are way bigger Seider fans than @ChristopherReevesLegs...

48 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If Seider doesn't make the team day 1 I will declare him a bust and send in my @mackel sock account to troll on you bowtie geeks

11 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

He hates euro’s. 

It's true. I find europeaness disgusting. 8 hour work weeks. Olive oil in everything.