• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

9/26 Preseason GDT - Blues @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM EST (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

This right ******* here. 

Both kids drafted same year.

Both kids need time in the AHL

One kid is a bust and

the other is a lock for franchise 2C

It's redonk 

Who said this?  Are you intimating I did?

44 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeh but this says the Hungarians migrated into the Carpathian basin from the pontic steppe. Again, no where near Finland and Estonia. WTF?

Not to derail the thread further but they, along with the other Uralic language groups, probably* originated from Siberia/the Urals. They went relatively south, the Finns etc. went north.

It's a little less weird if you look at a different map projection: 

Fenno-Ugrian_languages.png

Edit: You get an event in the game Crusader Kings II about the settlement of the Magyars in current-day Hungary, so I read about this stuff before. :lol:

Edited by Prolix

51 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeh but this says the Hungarians migrated into the Carpathian basin from the pontic steppe. Again, no where near Finland and Estonia. WTF?

300px-Ecoregion_PA0814.svg.png

We were owed some luck after those post kronwall years

Original inhabitants of Finland were from Siberia, not Hungary.

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Zadina lives rent-free in your head. It's kind of adorable, tbh.

He's an afterthought, the sooner you come to terms,  the happier you'll be.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Looks more like the caucuses to me

Didn't the Vikings colonize Russia?

3 minutes ago, mackel said:

19 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Zadina lives rent-free in your head. It's kind of adorable, tbh.

Anyway, this was a great win. Got a bit dicey towards the end, but overall this felt kinda like a statement game -- for some players individually and for the team and organization. I know it's just preseason, but I'm still impressed, pleased, and heartened.

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Anyway, this was a great win. Got a bit dicey towards the end, but overall this felt kinda like a statement game -- for some players individually and for the team and organization. I know it's just preseason, but I'm still impressed, pleased, and heartened.

AKA _____________?

27 minutes ago, mackel said:

Didn't the Vikings colonize Russia?

Yeah at least early goths or some s***. That was my impression. You'd think Finns would be Scando too...

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah at least early goths or some s***. That was my impression. You'd think Finns would be Scando too...

Dudes were from Roslagen in Sweden. Goths were also swedish. Rurik and his sons founded the Kievan Rus that later would become Russia. 

I would normally avoid treading on covered ground, but Cholowski often appeared as the most skilled player last night, even when considering Mantha’s efforts.  It’s promising to see he almost never looks at the puck, on both sides of the rink.  

Incidentally, it was enjoying to watch them play at the Colosseum, which was where I learned to skate and play hockey.  I still fondly remember my first goal, I scored with an unmarked, un-curved red stick given to those players green enough to be unsure of our handedness.  The keeper laid across the goal-line but his four year old stature left uncovered ice.  I wasn’t even skilled enough shoot the puck, or stop, but my forward momentum carried us both into the net.  I think at least two years passed before I scored again, but I was able to unceremoniously upgrade my stick.  

16 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

I would normally avoid treading on covered ground, but Cholowski often appeared as the most skilled player last night, even when considering Mantha’s efforts.  It’s promising to see he almost never looks at the puck, on both sides of the rink. 

We just need Cholo to be confident and rugged in his own zone.

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We just need Cholo to be confident and rugged in his own zone.

He is definitely better when the puck is moving, on the defensive side; positionally, breaking up plays, his skating ability helps in that regard.   When the puck slows down or stops along the boards, he’s much weaker.  Hopefully some summers in the gym and some game play seasoning will work to correct those issues.  

10 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Dudes were from Roslagen in Sweden. Goths were also swedish. Rurik and his sons founded the Kievan Rus that later would become Russia. 

Scandos: Destroy first united Roman empire sinking all of Europe into dark ages. Continue to raid and pillage rebuilding Europe for the next 1000 years. Discover America, but don't tell anyone or do anything with this cause you're dicks. Invent dynamite which leads to the deaths of untold amounts of people. Steal NHL jobs from decent hardworking NA boys. Gift the world only unpalatable cuisine like herring.

Why do you people have to ruin everything?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs