• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

9/27 Preseason GDT - Maple Leafs @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

Like I've said previously, I'm completely fine with all 4 of Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina and Svechnikov starting in GR. I'll definitely be tuning into a lot more Griffins hockey again this season. I wouldn't hate Seider and Cholowski starting down either, but it's looking like Cholo may be pushing his way on the big club again (at least to start), which is also fine by me.

15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Like I've said previously, I'm completely fine with all 4 of Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina and Svechnikov starting in GR. I'll definitely be tuning into a lot more Griffins hockey again this season. I wouldn't hate Seider and Cholowski starting down either, but it's looking like Cholo may be pushing his way on the big club again (at least to start), which is also fine by me.

at least until Oct 15 

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

In terms of chance of making this team I think:

1. Seider
2. Ras
3. Cholo
4. Veleno
5. Zadina
6. Svech

If Seider does not make this team my kvetching will kno no end

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Predictable. Rasmussen looked pretty good in last night's outing, I like to see him up with the Wings sooner rather than later, but it's no biggie. There'll be injuries or under performers and opportunities abound. If the Wings open with Hronek and Cholowski wearing winged wheels I'll be content with that. Sick to death of seeing so much Daley, Ericsson, ...and to a lesser extent Green. Glad the youth movement on the back end is finally taking hold.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1. Seider
2. Ras
3. Cholo
4. Veleno
5. Zadina
6. Svech

Cholowski is probably ahead of Seider. Agree on the rest.

You just know Cholowski will be on a short leash though...with apples waiting by the phone. I don't care much either way, as long as it's the "good Dennis" showing up for work.    

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1. Seider
2. Ras
3. Cholo
4. Veleno
5. Zadina
6. Svech

I think you gotta switch Zadina and Veleno. MOstly because of the position they play. And also because Zadina's looked a little better. 

Also switch Cholowski and Rasmussen. Again, because they want Rasmussen playing center and that's a tough gig to earn why you've got the 35 point euro dominion  jamming up those middle six center spots. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I think you gotta switch Zadina and Veleno. MOstly because of the position they play. And also because Zadina's looked a little better. 

Also switch Cholowski and Rasmussen. Again, because they want Rasmussen playing center and that's a tough gig to earn why you've got the 35 point euro dominion  jamming up those middle six center spots. 

I don't disagree, I had readiness in mind and not so much position.

Zadina flys up my list in terms of position

Zadina needs confidence...badly. He's been snake bitten for awhile and it shows. He's got a great shot, but nearly every shot lately whistles wide or plugs the goalie in the chest.

He needs to abuse some 2nd tier Dmen and goalies for a bit to get his game back imo.

I rather see flip moved to a wing for awhile to give Ras or Veleno a shot at 3C duties. It'll happen, just a question of when.

Edited by solarion

23 minutes ago, solarion said:

Zadina needs confidence...badly. He's been snake bitten for awhile and it shows. He's got a great shot, but nearly every shot lately whistles wide or plugs the goalie in the chest.

He needs to abuse some 2nd tier Dmen and goalies for a bit to get his game back imo.

That, and I think he also needs to get stronger in his legs and upper body. I'd expected to see more power and explosiveness in his skating stride after what I'd assumed was going to be a very intense summer of Rocky montage training. Anecdotally, I haven't seen it. I was also expecting him to be or at least *look* better equipped to handle the pushing and shoving and boxing-out and grinding and headhunting of the pro game. Anecdotally, I haven't seen that. (Skating is part of it.) There've been times where he's narrowly avoided a big hit and I've felt my heart skip a beat because I was honestly afraid he was about to have his spine snapped, Bane style.

Edited by Dabura

Agree. He's a bit too easy to push around. To be fair, it does look like he's keeping his head up more than he was, so he is making progress, but yeah he's not strong enough yet to be rubbing up against NHL caliber Dmen. I never thought of Hickey as particularly imposing, but he casually pushed Zadina off the puck in that 3v3 awhile back. If a relatively small guy like Tom Hickey can do that, what's Zadina going to do about a guy like Shea Weber? Chara?

Zadina was never a great skater, just not horribad. His greatest asset is his shot and that's not paying off...so he's going to have to work on some stuff.

Reminds me a bit of Datsyuk's first playoff series. He got pushed off the puck a few times too. ...he went to the gym and I don't recall that happening with any regularity again. Dude could leg press a school bus. Hopefully #11 watches some tape and follows suit.

Edited by solarion

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

at least until Oct 15 

When Ericsson comes back?

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Fair enough. He looks more ready than Veleno tho IMO. As he should.

Literally the only person I've heard / read say this...

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1. Seider
2. Ras
3. Cholo
4. Veleno
5. Zadina
6. Svech

Never mind position, in terms of readiness, I'd say they're all on very similar trajectories (within a year away)...

I think all could use a little more seasoning, but getting one or two up now, another one or two up after the trade deadline, and the rest up to start the 2020-21 season, may be the best way to slowly inject the youth...

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

1. When Ericsson comes back?

2. Literally the only person I've heard / read say this...

Never mind position, in terms of readiness, I'd say they're all on very similar trajectories (within a year away)...

I think all could use a little more seasoning, but getting one or two up now, another one or two up after the trade deadline, and the rest up to start the 2020-21 season, may be the best way to slowly inject the youth...

1. When they play in Vancouver. :lol:

2. u need cooler friends