• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

9/28 Preseason Finale GDT - Red Wings @ Maple Leafs - 7:00 PM EST (NHLN, SN)

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Laughs roster tonight is as expected stacked. 

lol @ their cap hit. $95.7m...roughly 18.5m > Detroit's. I know this is irrelevant before opening night, but holy crud that's a lot of bux tied up in a few bodies. They'll need some creative massaging to get that down while still maintaining decent depth. You gotta figure they've got only a few years to make that roster pay off before the wheels start coming off.

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

How much should we read into Svechnikov not being waived yet?

Not much. I believe he's waiver exempt due to an extension...due to injury.

Love Hickett's gumption, but he's not going to stick with the Wings. IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone snags him though.

Oops, just saw that the waivers thing had already been mentioned in a couple of threads. Sorry.

9 minutes ago, solarion said:

Not much. I believe he's waiver exempt due to an extension...due to injury.

Yep, he's waiver-exempt because he missed all of last season.

I'd like to think he still has a shot at making the team and that's why he's still up with the team. Guess we'll see.

4 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

No tv again, awesome.

NHL Network and Sportsnet. No FSD tho.

If you need a feed, let me know.

Edited by Dabura

Yeah, Svech and to a lesser extent Ras needs to be given every opportunity to sink or swim imo. We're what...4+ years out from Evgeny's draft day? Lousy luck injury wise aside, you've got to figure the verdict on him needs to come this season.

Keep him up and feed him some ice time...see what he does with it. He's looked pretty good knocking the rust off so far this pre-season. I could stomach seeing Svech getting reps on the 3rd line instead of Helm, Erne, DLR, etc. 

1 minute ago, solarion said:

Yeah, Svech and to a lesser extent Ras needs to be given every opportunity to sink or swim imo. We're what...4+ years out from Evgeny's draft day? Lousy luck injury wise aside, you've got to figure the verdict on him needs to come this season.

Keep him up and feed him some ice time...see what he does with it. He's looked pretty good knocking the rust off so far this pre-season. I could stomach seeing Svech getting reps on the 3rd line instead of Helm, Erne, DLR, etc. 

The Serious Hockey Person™ in me thinks Svechnikov and Rasmussen should be sent down. The HYPE! junkie in me is having none of it.

hack-the-planet.gif.gif

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov, Smith, Kuffner, Pope, Kaski, Lindstrom and Saarijarvi all sent to GR...

I'M NOTICING A DISTINCT LACK OF RASMUSSEN ON THAT LIST!

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Oops, just saw that the waivers thing had already been mentioned in a couple of threads. Sorry.

Yep, he's waiver-exempt because he missed all of last season.

I'd like to think he still has a shot at making the team and that's why he's still up with the team. Guess we'll see.

NHL Network and Sportsnet. No FSD tho.

If you need a feed, let me know.

I could watch on NHL network, if not for local blackouts :evil:

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The Serious Hockey Person™ in me thinks Svechnikov and Rasmussen should be sent down. The HYPE! junkie in me is having none of it.

hack-the-planet.gif.gif

I'M NOTICING A DISTINCT LACK OF RASMUSSEN ON THAT LIST!

Rasmussen, Cholowski and Seider still with the team...

28 remaining, needs to be trimmed to 23 by Tuesday...

11 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I could watch on NHL network, if not for local blackouts

Lame. The NHL needs to figure out that there's this thing called "streaming" that easily lets people circumvent their greedy blackout restrictions.

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Rasmussen, Cholowski and Seider still with the team...

28 remaining, needs to be trimmed to 23 by Tuesday...

Nice. Seider and Ras are probably cut with the next round, but it's encouraging to see. All three of them have earned more opportunity to show their stuff imo. Cholowski should stay up, particularly if the Wings are rolling 8 D to start the season AND rig is sidelined.