• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019-20 Red Wings News, Notes & Quotes...

Rate this topic

Surprised this wasn't discussed anywhere, but what the f*** are these lines? Nielsen and Filppula on the same line? Glendening centering Athanasiou and Hirose? de la Rose in the lineup? Daley in over Bowey?

I know this is going to be a painful season, but come the f*** on... This is terrible...

maxresdefault-2.jpgIf these are the actual lines they are planing on running in the premiere you would have to assume they are purely ice time related.

AA sat out the last preseason game so maybe he gets less time on ice to get back on his feet. Haven't read anything on Hirose though.

When AA is back to form he takes his place on the second line and Val or Frans goes back to centering the third. I fully expect to see Glendawg going up and down the line-up all year long. The Blashill Blender© will be in full effect the first quarter of the season.

The fourth line is gonna be a turdstew no matter what ingredients you use.

Daley over Bowey I suspect is injury related too.  

But, yes, this is terrible.

Edited by Akakabuto

These lines and the roster in general are highly perplexing. At first I thought we had a chance to surprise people and make a playoff push. I’m starting to think our management has realized that and truly is doing all they can to keep Tank 2020 alive and well for one last high draft pick run. This looks like the work...of a saboteur!

23 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

These lines and the roster in general are highly perplexing. At first I thought we had a chance to surprise people and make a playoff push. I’m starting to think our management has realized that and truly is doing all they can to keep Tank 2020 alive and well for one last high draft pick run. This looks like the work...of a saboteur!

Daley over Bowey

AA on the third with Glendenning

Seider to the AHL

Not sure if any of these moves make the diff. between lotto pick and playoff push. 

There's def. no sense of urgency from management. I think Yzerman wants to see the GAA down a bit but other then that is perfectly content to sit and wait out the suck. 

17 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Daley over Bowey

AA on the third with Glendenning

Seider to the AHL

Not sure if any of these moves make the diff. between lotto pick and playoff push. 

There's def. no sense of urgency from management. I think Yzerman wants to see the GAA down a bit but other then that is perfectly content to sit and wait out the suck. 

if you want that, you shouldn´t play Cholowski...

the thing with Daley is, if you want something for him you have to play him and hopefully good. The better he plays the more we get.

7 minutes ago, ely s said:

if you want that, you shouldn´t play Cholowski...

the thing with Daley is, if you want something for him you have to play him and hopefully good. The better he plays the more we get.

Cholowski looked to have cleaned up his own zone play quite a bit in the pre-season games. The regular season is a whole different beast, but I think Cholo and Bowey could be a very good bottom pair, especially going up against bottom six lines. Regardless, he's no worse than Daley defensively and much better offensively. Same applies to Bowey.

The thing with Daley is, if we want something for him, we probably shouldn't play him... The more he plays and teams see how terrible he is, the lower that trade value gets... The most we'd get for him at the deadline anyway, would be a 3rd round pick (I doubt we'd get that). I'd just assume give up that potential mid to late round pick and scratch him every night. Play the younger, better defensemen (Cholowski / Bowey) every night...

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

"Helm in the slot"

God help us

I think Ho-Sang and others cleared waivers. Yikes.

I think it was cause Larkin came off the ice based on earlier posts.

Or maybe just maybe the Pizza box people shot a dart into Larkin's leg hence forcing Helm into a 1st powerplay unit and 1st line center position 

22 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I think it was cause Larkin came off the ice based on earlier posts.

Or maybe just maybe the Pizza box people shot a dart into Larkin's leg hence forcing Helm into a 1st powerplay unit and 1st line center position 

I'm starting to think this entire hockey team is just an elaborate scheme to boost pizza sales. IDK

57 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Cholowski looked to have cleaned up his own zone play quite a bit in the pre-season games. The regular season is a whole different beast, but I think Cholo and Bowey could be a very good bottom pair, especially going up against bottom six lines. Regardless, he's no worse than Daley defensively and much better offensively. Same applies to Bowey.

The thing with Daley is, if we want something for him, we probably shouldn't play him... The more he plays and teams see how terrible he is, the lower that trade value gets... The most we'd get for him at the deadline anyway, would be a 3rd round pick (I doubt we'd get that). I'd just assume give up that potential mid to late round pick and scratch him every night. Play the younger, better defensemen (Cholowski / Bowey) every night...

I´m not at all convinced of Cholos defensive capabilities, he´s real good at getting the puck up the ice. But his defensive game needs let´s say adjustments...

3 minutes ago, ely s said:

I´m not at all convinced of Cholos defensive capabilities, he´s real good at getting the puck up the ice. But his defensive game needs let´s say adjustments...

Cholowski is not, nor will he ever be a defensive defenseman. Nor should management attempt to mold him into one. Like you said, he's really good at getting the puck up ice, and when the puck is up ice, you don't need to defend. "The best defense is a good offense"...

Anyway, all of that is beside the point... Daley sucks. He was among the worst defensemen in the entire league last season. He shouldn't ever be in the lineup, especially over younger, better defensemen. The only thing Daley has over Cholowski and Bowey is age... Both are better at every aspect of the game.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Cholowski is not, nor will he ever be a defensive defenseman. Nor should management attempt to mold him into one. Like you said, he's really good at getting the puck up ice, and when the puck is up ice, you don't need to defend. "The best defense is a good offense"...

Anyway, all of that is beside the point... Daley sucks. He was among the worst defensemen in the entire league last season. He shouldn't ever be in the lineup, especially over younger, better defensemen. The only thing Daley has over Cholowski and Bowey is age... Both are better at every aspect of the game.

And yet Daley made the roster and Seider didn't.

This ******* Yzerman guys sucks as much as the last guy

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Surprised this wasn't discussed anywhere, but what the f*** are these lines? Nielsen and Filppula on the same line? Glendening centering Athanasiou and Hirose? de la Rose in the lineup? Daley in over Bowey?

I know this is going to be a painful season, but come the f*** on... This is terrible...

Cholowski will learn alot more paired with Daley than ge ever will from Bowey.

I know u think more highly of Bowey than I do, but I don't see him as an upgrade over TD.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And yet Daley made the roster and Seider didn't.

This ******* Yzerman guys sucks as much as the last guy

As was already discussed, I think Seider could use some time (half to full season) in Grand Rapids. Seider isn't in any way being ruined by spending some time in the minors. He will still (likely) play in the NHL before his 19th birthday. That's pretty amazing for a defenseman in the Red Wings organization... I would have to think he will be the youngest to make the team in any of our lives, maybe ever?...

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Cholowski will learn alot more paired with Daley than ge ever will from Bowey.

I know u think more highly of Bowey than I do, but I don't see him as an upgrade over TD.

What will Cholowski learn from Daley that he can't learn from him off the ice? Like I mentioned several times now, Daley was amongst the leagues worst defensemen last season, and not far off the season before. He's a liability every time he's on the ice. So, if you mean Cholowski will learn more because he will have to cover for Daley's ineptitude, sure... Cholowski and Bowey are better defensemen at this point in their respective careers. Daley SUCKS!