• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019-20 Red Wings News, Notes & Quotes...

Rate this topic

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

In what bizarro world did I say ANY of those guys will be on the team next year?  I'll wait. 

Also, I originally said this: " Wouldn't Veleno need to start scoring points, or even a point, before we can pencil him into the Red Wings lineup next year?".  That isn't even close to saying "Veleno won't score all year". 

So again, what are you arguing about?  I never said he wouldn't score at all, and I never said any of the five guys you mentioned (let alone all of them) would be on the team.  

What the f*** are you talking about? In what bizarro world did I say you said any of that s***? I didn't.

Exactly. You singled out Veleno because he hasn't scored a point yet, but didn't bother to say anything about Zadina or Seider because they have each scored a point. But yeah, it has nothing to do with production, right? 

Anyway, I'm done with this. I think all 5 will be in Detroit full time at some point next season. You disagree? Cool. Move along...

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Regula and Tuomisto are off to strong starts, but no one is talking about that great big f***** Soderblom from camp.

He had 17 pts in 44 games in the Swedish SuperElit league last year.

This year he's back there again and already has 13 pts in 11 games. 9 of which are goals. Matching his goal total from last year in, on the dot, 1/4 less games.

Didnt Dick Axelsson tear up the Swedish leagues?

27 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

We gave up Regula in return

@krsmith17 I suspect won't like that

Woocha loook at dat lads, ol Brendan is a limey englishmen

Plays LW, shoots L, makes sense

Anybody know anything about him? He big, draft high

Yzerman stock piling 2020 RFAs

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

39 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Chicago trades perlini to detroit. That's all the details we have. 

Report: Blackhawks trade Perlini to Red Wings
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1854815

Another plug. I'd guess this move facilitates sending Svechnikov or Smith back to GRs for bigger minutes? 

3 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

Helps with secondary scoring. Regula wasn’t ever going to be anything more than a 3rd pairing type. Perlini is a RFA so if he catches fire great. We either have a trade chip or secondary scoring for the future. We kinda need secondary scoring. 

Right, Regula was probably never gonna pass Hronek or Seider on the depth chart

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Another plug. I'd guess this move facilitates sending Svechnikov or Smith back to GRs for bigger minutes? 

Spaghetti friend for Veleno

35 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

Helps with secondary scoring. Regula wasn’t ever going to be anything more than a 3rd pairing type. Perlini is a RFA so if he catches fire great. We either have a trade chip or secondary scoring for the future. We kinda need secondary scoring. 

Agreed. At least, in theory.

Hronek's currently on a ~40-point pace, just as he was at the end of last season. So he's looking like the real deal, which means that's one RHD spot locked down. Probably safe to pencil Seider in as another. Tuomisto is the best defenseman in his league and Yzerman took him high in the draft, so maybe he's another. Lindstrom's still in the mix. And that's just righties. So...yeah. I'm not going to lose sleep over losing Regula.

Is Perlini fair value? I dunno. Given the fact that we desperately need some scoring depth *right now* (if only to help morale) and that we don't really have the assets needed to swing a trade for a big-name NHL scorer...Perlini's probably the best we could realistically hope for. He had requested a trade, so I doubt a whole lot of thought went into this. We're taking a flyer on a young forward with some skill and some size.

Edited by Dabura

Worth noting that Perlini has scored goals at the NHL level. 14 in 57 games in 2016-17 with the Coyotes. 17 in 74 games in 2017-18 with the Coyotes. 14 in 68 games last season, split between the Coyotes and Blackhawks. I don't think it's a stretch to say he's capable of potting 20+ goals under the right circumstances.

So...nice D prospect for some immediate scoring help? Sure. I'll take it.

Edited by Dabura

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Worth noting that Perlini has scored goals at the NHL level. 14 in 57 games in 2016-17 with the Coyotes. 17 in 74 games in 2017-18 with the Coyotes. 14 in 68 games last season, split between the Coyotes and Blackhawks. I don't think it's a stretch to say he's capable of potting 20+ goals under the right circumstances.

So...nice D prospect for some immediate scoring help? Sure. I'll take it.

Mantha, Bertuzzi, Athanasiou, Hirose, Erne, Perlini, DLR, Svech, and Ehn are all competing for new contracts with the big club for next year. This is good. Make these dumb losers fight for ice time and money. Push the weak down the depth chart. I would love for Perlini to make someone expendable...

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Looks big n fast

Drafted 3 spots ahead of Larkin in 2014 too which means he's better

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mantha, Bertuzzi, Athanasiou, Hirose, Erne, Perlini, DLR, Svech, and Ehn are all competing for new contracts with the big club for next year. This is good. Make these dumb losers fight for ice time and money. Push the weak down the depth chart. I would love for Perlini to make someone expendable...

He's fighting for his next contract too.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brendan-perlini

Hopefully this ends The Helm Experiment. Try Perlini with Larkin and Mantha/Bertuzzi. Try him with Filppula and AA/Hirose. See what he can do.

Neat little tidbit here:

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/detroit-acquires-brendan-perlini-from-chicago/c-310602314

Perlini has past ties to the state of Michigan and was a teammate of Red Wings center Dylan Larkin with the Belle Tire bantam team that won a national championship in 2010-11.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

He's fighting for his next contract too.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brendan-perlini

Hopefully this ends The Helm Experiment. Try Perlini with Larkin and Mantha/Bertuzzi. Try him with Filppula and AA/Hirose. See what he can do.

Perlini - Larkin - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Filppula - Athanasiou

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Perlini - Filppula - Athanasiou

A 2nd line could actually be forming...

Guess he wears the old Cleary double 1's yeah

I don't really care about losing Regula, so in the end I don't feel strongly about this trade either way, but I really don't get it.  A middle six winger who couldn't catch on with two different (bad) teams and who's been questioned for his effort and his defense traded for a big defender who can move the puck.  Seems like Yzerman traded the kind of guy he likes for the kind of guy doesn't.  I'm confused. 

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

@krsmith17 I suspect won't like that

Huh? Why not? I've never been overly high on Regula... I've always thought, maybe he could become a solid bottom pairing defenseman.

This is another meh trade, similar to the Erne trade though... I do think Perlini is better than Erne, but I also think Regula has a better chance to become a regular NHLer than whoever we might pick in the 4th round... 

I'll take a definite middle six winger over a maybe bottom pairing defenseman.