• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019-20 Red Wings News, Notes & Quotes...

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah. He better snap out of it before he ruins the season. 

Seasons going according to plan , there was no need to trade a 19 yr old d prospect( our weakest position) to add a forward (we have a ton of kids coming next yr and we have way too many scrubs as it is and need to subtract, not add ) whos been mediocre and will likely be gone in a few seasons 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Seasons going according to plan , there was no need to trade a 19 yr old d prospect( our weakest position) to add a forward (we have a ton of kids coming next yr and we have way too many scrubs as it is and need to subtract, not add ) whos been mediocre and will likely be gone in a few seasons 

Shoulda traded a 2nd for him :ninja:

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I don't really think defense is our weakest position anymore though, especially the right side (that's weird to say)... Like has been mentioned, we have Hronek and Seider that are as close to locks to be top 4 defensemen on the right side as we've had in a long time. That 3rd pairing slot on the right side isn't a major concern. I'm sure one of Bowey, Kaski, Tuomisto, Lindstrom, Barton, UFA can easily fill that role. I don't think Regula will be a big loss, even if he hits his ceiling.

In saying that, the last thing this team really needed was another middle six left-handed winger... You mention that "we have way too many scrubs as it is, and need to subtract", and I agree. That's where this comes in...

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Great. Now start trading roster players away, Stephen. 

I don't know a ton about Perlini, but he's a big body (6'3", 212lbs), and can skate really well, which is something every team can use, and he's only 23, so there's still some room for growth.

At worst, I see Perlini as a significant upgrade over Ehn and de la Rose, which strengthens our bottom six. Neither of these guys will be back next season. Also, at least two of Nielsen, Filppula, Helm and Abdelkader should be moved in the next season or two. Sure, we have other bottom six options in Erne, Kuffner, Turgeon, Pearson, Smith, but adding more depth at a relatively low cost, isn't a bad thing. Again, I'm not thrilled with the trade, but I don't hate it either. Another low risk, potentially high reward trade in my opinion...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't really think defense is our weakest position anymore though, especially the right side (that's weird to say)... Like has been mentioned, we have Hronek and Seider that are as close to locks to be top 4 defensemen on the right side as we've had in a long time. That 3rd pairing slot on the right side isn't a major concern. I'm sure one of Bowey, Kaski, Tuomisto, Lindstrom, Barton, UFA can easily fill that role. I don't think Regula will be a big loss, even if he hits his ceiling.

In saying that, the last thing this team really needed was another middle six left-handed winger... You mention that "we have way too many scrubs as it is, and need to subtract", and I agree. That's where this comes in...

Have we improved our d position? Yes , but all these prospects we have are still unknowns. Im positive seider will be a stud but we dont know yet if he’ll be a top pair or a #3 , we dont know if kaski,tuomisto,lindstrom etc.. will even make it

we traded away a solid d prospect whos still 19 for a guy whos on his 3rd team already and was a healthy scratch for a reason and if i had to bet money id bet he wont be here past 2-3 seasons max with all the kids coming up as of next season. We get a top 3 pick +veleno,zadina,rasmussen wheres he gonna fit?

We should be trying to get rid of bodies not adding more fringe players which we agree on . If we had to trade regula id have liked a move like a lauko from boston or someone of similar age to regula or a throw in + AA in a blockbuster deal but trading him for perlini is a stupid move 

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Big kid and probably moves Helm down into the bottom 6 which isn't bad is it? 

I am reserving judgement but based on the video he seems okay is he our saviour umm doubt it. 

But let's pop some popcorn and watch as this show still has a looooong ways to go

It shouldnt have taken brandon perlini to have helm on the bottom lines lol

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't know a ton about Perlini, but he's a big body (6'3", 212lbs), and can skate really well, which is something every team can use, and he's only 23, so there's still some room for growth.

I don't mind the player - 6'3"+210lb+fast as f***=like - just the logjam of middle-six(a bit generous maybe) forwards we got. If Perlini takes a third line role that should push Erne to the fourth and push Abdelkader/Helm/DLR off the roster.

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Have we improved our d position? Yes , but all these prospects we have are still unknowns. Im positive seider will be a stud but we dont know yet if he’ll be a top pair or a #3 , we dont know if kaski,tuomisto,lindstrom etc.. will even make it

we traded away a solid d prospect whos still 19 for a guy whos on his 3rd team already and was a healthy scratch for a reason...

Regula is "a solid D prospect, who is still 19", but the rest of the D prospects mentioned, are "unknowns"...

The narrative is very clear with you. NEVER trade a prospect or pick (unknown) for a player (known), regardless of potential, because that unknown *could* someday be better than the known (or not...). Prospects and picks are GOLD...

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

... if i had to bet money id bet he wont be here past 2-3 seasons max with all the kids coming up as of next season. We get a top 3 pick +veleno,zadina,rasmussen wheres he gonna fit?

He might not be here past 2-3 years, but that's 2-3 years that we do have him, and we wouldn't have had Regula... Regula may never make it. Perlini already has 200 games played in the NHL at 23 years old. That's more than any of Mantha, Athanasiou or Bertuzzi had at the same age. He has also scored 45 goals in that time. Not bad production for a player that has been playing 10-12 minutes a night...

Maybe (another) change of scenery, and realizing this could be his last shot in the NHL, could get him going. He has the skill, he just lacks the effort (from what I've read). Maybe getting him in the room with a couple workhorses in Larkin and Glendening motivates him...

We have a lot of players in the pipe, but we also have quite a few that should gone in the next couple years. All of these players aren't going to pan out, and even if they do, we'll have some trade chips down the line.

This team severely lacks depth. Yzerman addressed this with the additions of Erne and Perlini. Neither are needle movers, but they both improve our team now, while not taking too much away from the future.

33 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We should be trying to get rid of bodies not adding more fringe players which we agree on . If we had to trade regula id have liked a move like a lauko from boston or someone of similar age to regula or a throw in + AA in a blockbuster deal but trading him for perlini is a stupid move 

Here it is again... The unknown is better than the known... This Lauko kid may never play a game in the NHL, but you'd rather him over a kid (just a few years older) that has and definitely will play in the NHL...

Regula was traded for "a guy who's on his 3rd team already", but you expect him to add much value as a "throw in + AA in a blockbuster deal"??? Do you not realize how ridiculous that sounds?

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

At worst, I see Perlini as a significant upgrade over Ehn and de la Rose, which strengthens our bottom six. Neither of these guys will be back next season. Also, at least two of Nielsen, Filppula, Helm and Abdelkader should be moved in the next season or two. Sure, we have other bottom six options in Erne, Kuffner, Turgeon, Pearson, Smith, but adding more depth at a relatively low cost, isn't a bad thing. Again, I'm not thrilled with the trade, but I don't hate it either. Another low risk, potentially high reward trade in my opinion...

Pretty much all of this.

I don't see this as a galaxy brain move or 4D chess or anything. I think Yzerman saw an opportunity to address some immedate, pressing needs for cheap and so he did it. If Hronek isn't putting up points, Yzerman probably doesn't make this trade. If we're getting good production from our secondary forward scorers, Yzerman probably doesn't make this trade. If we're not getting pushed around physically and we're not struggling to spend quality time in the o-zone, Yzerman probably doesn't make this trade. If this team isn't in desperate need of any kind of pick-me-up it can get, Yzerman probably doesn't make this trade.

Perlini can help us right now. Regula's two years away from getting a nine-game cup of coffee with the big club.

Edited by Dabura

I'm thinking some fans are really going to struggle with how painful this Yzerman rebuild really is going to be if they can't handle a "minor pieces" type trade like this one. 

Yzerman's going to clean ******* house. And not just in the "trade Helm, Neilsen, Howard, Daley, and Green for picks" sort of way. But also in the "I'm trading AA for a 2nd because he's a passenger" sort of way. 

Going to be wild. 

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Regula is "a solid D prospect, who is still 19", but the rest of the D prospects mentioned, are "unknowns"...

The narrative is very clear with you. NEVER trade a prospect or pick (unknown) for a player (known), regardless of potential, because that unknown *could* someday be better than the known (or not...). Prospects and picks are GOLD...

He might not be here past 2-3 years, but that's 2-3 years that we do have him, and we wouldn't have had Regula... Regula may never make it. Perlini already has 200 games played in the NHL at 23 years old. That's more than any of Mantha, Athanasiou or Bertuzzi had at the same age. He has also scored 45 goals in that time. Not bad production for a player that has been playing 10-12 minutes a night...

Maybe (another) change of scenery, and realizing this could be his last shot in the NHL, could get him going. He has the skill, he just lacks the effort (from what I've read). Maybe getting him in the room with a couple workhorses in Larkin and Glendening motivates him...

We have a lot of players in the pipe, but we also have quite a few that should gone in the next couple years. All of these players aren't going to pan out, and even if they do, we'll have some trade chips down the line.

This team severely lacks depth. Yzerman addressed this with the additions of Erne and Perlini. Neither are needle movers, but they both improve our team now, while not taking too much away from the future.

Here it is again... The unknown is better than the known... This Lauko kid may never play a game in the NHL, but you'd rather him over a kid (just a few years older) that has and definitely will play in the NHL...

Regula was traded for "a guy who's on his 3rd team already", but you expect him to add much value as a "throw in + AA in a blockbuster deal"??? Do you not realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Regula is a solid prospect like tuomisto etc...  they are all unknown’s but doesnt mean we should be trading them for players like perlini who’ll likely soon be gone(what potential) rather use them in a bigger trade or for a similar type prospect 

Yes all he needs is to be a workhorse , he can be a decent bottom liner . People might not wanna hear it but we shouldnt be trying to improve right now , everything is going good for the future . We need to bottom out and get in the top 3 and we have enough depth as it is , granted they arent top 6 guys but we have way enough bodies as it is and should be looking at subtracting . Want someone in the top 6? Heres a crazy idea give svechnikov a game or 2 with larkin , but its ok we can get larkins boys 

definetly will play? Ehn is playing right now doesnt mean squat ,give me the kid with upside any day . You gave me s*** for the erne trade ... yes its a pick who will likely never play but erne so far has been nothing to talk about and imo perlini will be the same , im not expecting anything from the guy and if he gets 10 goals good on him . Probably have a -10 next to him and be gone in a couple seasons and if regula plays for the hawks for 10-15 yrs and is a solid #4-5 dman id say we lost the deal .

how do i sound ridiculous? I said i dont like the trade so obviously i dont agree with the trade value we got back in return , this is yzerman desperatly trying to improve our roster right now with reclamation projects , first erne now perlini, whos next ? Lindstrom for jake virtanen? Anyways you like the trade good on you , i dont like it and see no future in detroit for him 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm thinking some fans are really going to struggle with how painful this Yzerman rebuild really is going to be if they can't handle a "minor pieces" type trade like this one. 

Yzerman's going to clean ******* house. And not just in the "trade Helm, Neilsen, Howard, Daley, and Green for picks" sort of way. But also in the "I'm trading AA for a 2nd because he's a passenger" sort of way. 

Going to be wild. 

Im good with the rebuild , lose and lose some more and pick as many top picks as possible . Adding a fringe guy who will be gone in a few yrs isnt helping the rebuild imo 

clean house all he wants but yes start with the garbage players you mentioned etc... not 19 yr old kids for project players who’ll fail

20 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Pretty much all of this.

I don't see this as a galaxy brain move or 4D chess or anything. I think Yzerman saw an opportunity to address some immedate, pressing needs for cheap and so he did it. If Hronek isn't putting up points, Yzerman probably doesn't make this trade. If we're getting good production from our secondary forward scorers, Yzerman probably doesn't make this trade. If we're not getting pushed around physically and we're not struggling to spend quality time in the o-zone, Yzerman probably doesn't make this trade. If this team isn't in desperate need of any kind of pick-me-up it can get, Yzerman probably doesn't make this trade.

Perlini can help us right now. Regula's two years away from getting a nine-game cup of coffee with the big club.

Help us with what exactly ? Finishing 5th last instead of dead last? Thats not a good thing

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Going to be wild. 

I'm all for trading Athanasiou in the right deal, but a 2nd round pick is extremely low for a 25 year old 30 goal scorer... 2020 1st round pick, and I'd definitely consider it.

I agree though, Yzerman is only getting started. I expect some big moves in the next year or so... Something Red Wings fans have not been accustomed to over the past decade. 

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm all for trading Athanasiou in the right deal, but a 2nd round pick is extremely low for a 25 year old 30 goal scorer... 2020 1st round pick, and I'd definitely consider it.

I agree though, Yzerman is only getting started. I expect some big moves in the next year or so... Something Red Wings fans have not been accustomed to over the past decade. 

It was just an example to illustrate that eventually someone we actually like on this roster is going to get shart-canned. 

Anyway, you get it. I wasn't directing my comments towards members like you. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Regula is a solid prospect like tuomisto etc...  they are all unknown’s but doesnt mean we should be trading them for players like perlini who’ll likely soon be gone(what potential) rather use them in a bigger trade or for a similar type prospect 

Yes all he needs is to be a workhorse , he can be a decent bottom liner . People might not wanna hear it but we shouldnt be trying to improve right now , everything is going good for the future . We need to bottom out and get in the top 3 and we have enough depth as it is , granted they arent top 6 guys but we have way enough bodies as it is and should be looking at subtracting . Want someone in the top 6? Heres a crazy idea give svechnikov a game or 2 with larkin , but its ok we can get larkins boys 

You're acting as if we traded away a blue chip prospect. Regula was like 10th on our defensive depth chart, and that's not including pending UFA's. He's a dime a dozen prospect. Perlini will not improve our team enough to worry about it affecting our lottery odds. It was a depth move. He's in the same age range as the rest of our core though, and can replace one of the scrubs currently on the roster.

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

definetly will play? Ehn is playing right now doesnt mean squat ,give me the kid with upside any day . You gave me s*** for the erne trade ... yes its a pick who will likely never play but erne so far has been nothing to talk about and imo perlini will be the same , im not expecting anything from the guy and if he gets 10 goals good on him . Probably have a -10 next to him and be gone in a couple seasons and if regula plays for the hawks for 10-15 yrs and is a solid #4-5 dman id say we lost the deal .

Yes, Perlini will definitely play. Ehn blows. Hence the upgrade...

I know, I know, give you the kid with upside. Like I said, your narrative is very clear... Everyone knows how much you value mediocre prospects and mid to late round draft picks...

Yes, I gave you s*** for the Erne trade because again, you take the sure thing over a mid to late round pick every. single. time... Even if that sure thing is a bottom six winger, chances are it's a better player than whoever would be available in the 4th f***ing round...

You're right. *IF* Regula plays 10-15 years as a 4/5 defenseman in Chicago, it will be a win for them. However, the chance of that happening is less than Perlini being a reliable 20 goal scorer, middle six winger...

20 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

how do i sound ridiculous? I said i dont like the trade so obviously i dont agree with the trade value we got back in return , this is yzerman desperatly trying to improve our roster right now with reclamation projects , first erne now perlini, whos next ? Lindstrom for jake virtanen? Anyways you like the trade good on you , i dont like it and see no future in detroit for him 

Lol yes, I would trade Lindstrom for Virtanen in a heart beat. Lindstrom sucks. Won't likely ever amount to anything at the NHL level. Virtanen is an NHLer and a decent one at that. No brainer, except for someone like yourself that overvalues every single prospect / pick...

25 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Help us with what exactly ? Finishing 5th last instead of dead last? Thats not a good thing

So you believe Perlini will get us an extra 5+ wins, 10+ points in the standings? This may be even a bigger win than I originally thought if he can be that much of a difference maker...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You're acting as if we traded away a blue chip prospect. Regula was like 10th on our defensive depth chart, and that's not including pending UFA's. He's a dime a dozen prospect. Perlini will not improve our team enough to worry about it affecting our lottery odds. It was a depth move. He's in the same age range as the rest of our core though, and can replace one of the scrubs currently on the roster.

Yes, Perlini will definitely play. Ehn blows. Hence the upgrade...

I know, I know, give you the kid with upside. Like I said, your narrative is very clear... Everyone knows how much you value mediocre prospects and mid to late round draft picks...

Yes, I gave you s*** for the Erne trade because again, you take the sure thing over a mid to late round pick every. single. time... Even if that sure thing is a bottom six winger, chances are it's a better player than whoever would be available in the 4th f***ing round...

You're right. *IF* Regula plays 10-15 years as a 4/5 defenseman in Chicago, it will be a win for them. However, the chance of that happening is less than Perlini being a reliable 20 goal scorer, middle six winger...

Lol yes, I would trade Lindstrom for Virtanen in a heart beat. Lindstrom sucks. Won't likely ever amount to anything at the NHL level. Virtanen is an NHLer and a decent one at that. No brainer, except for someone like yourself that overvalues every single prospect / pick...

So you believe Perlini will get us an extra 5+ wins, 10+ points in the standings? This may be even a bigger win than I originally thought if he can be that much of a difference maker...

10th ? Id say its seider and then everyone else , i like mcisaac but we dont know how good he will actually be. We already got one scrub whos in the same age group as our core in erne might as well get hosang and others now while were at it 

even if you dont count ehn we have enough roster guys at forward as it is , perlini wasnt needed. For me its seider and a group of guys  on our d prospect list afterwards and considering hes 19 id have kept him , you seem to suddenly love these reclamation projects. Try someone like puljujarvi whos still 20 and was part of an oilers organization  well known for running s*** ot the ground not these guys who will amount to nothing (20 goal guy , middle 6 winger ...good one)

Virtanen is another bottom line guy who amounts to not much , you really do have a thing for failed guys. I might over value picks/prospects but you definetly over value fringe nhl players who bring not much to the table 

i was just giving an example , dont start getting your boners just yet . We shouldnt be looking to improve our team this season , we need to bottom out and guarantee a top 4 pick (yes we know its a lottery) . we want someone in the top 6 ? Give svechnikov a few games , call up zadina get a look , rasmussen etc...

anyways i said id have traded regula not for a guy who’ll be gone soon . We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one . What else is new 

12 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Huh? Why not? I've never been overly high on Regula... I've always thought, maybe he could become a solid bottom pairing defenseman.

This is another meh trade, similar to the Erne trade though... I do think Perlini is better than Erne, but I also think Regula has a better chance to become a regular NHLer than whoever we might pick in the 4th round... 

I'll take a definite middle six winger over a maybe bottom pairing defenseman.

You're the only one I've ever seen mention him really

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

10th ? Id say its seider and then everyone else , i like mcisaac but we dont know how good he will actually be. We already got one scrub whos in the same age group as our core in erne might as well get hosang and others now while were at it 

even if you dont count ehn we have enough roster guys at forward as it is , perlini wasnt needed. For me its seider and a group of guys  on our d prospect list afterwards and considering hes 19 id have kept him , you seem to suddenly love these reclamation projects. Try someone like puljujarvi whos still 20 and was part of an oilers organization  well known for running s*** ot the ground not these guys who will amount to nothing (20 goal guy , middle 6 winger ...good one)

Virtanen is another bottom line guy who amounts to not much , you really do have a thing for failed guys. I might over value picks/prospects but you definetly over value fringe nhl players who bring not much to the table 

i was just giving an example , dont start getting your boners just yet . We shouldnt be looking to improve our team this season , we need to bottom out and guarantee a top 4 pick (yes we know its a lottery) . we want someone in the top 6 ? Give svechnikov a few games , call up zadina get a look , rasmussen etc...

anyways i said id have traded regula not for a guy who’ll be gone soon . We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one . What else is new 

We have the luxury of Hronek and Seider now, two player who Regula was never going to pass on the depth chart.

3rd pair right handed D isn't a hard spot to fill, making Regula expendable... Lindstrom, Saarijarvi, Bowey, Lindstrom, Tuomisto are all expendable too

Perlini is a guaranteed 2/3 line forward and is still a young gun himself.

We don't need to bottom out anymore, if you hadn't noticed we're already there.

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If we had to trade regula id have liked a move like a lauko from boston

Literally why