• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019-20 Red Wings News, Notes & Quotes...

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

10th ? Id say its seider and then everyone else , i like mcisaac but we dont know how good he will actually be. We already got one scrub whos in the same age group as our core in erne might as well get hosang and others now while were at it 

Yes, I would have had him behind Seider, Hronek, Cholowski, DeKeyser, Bowey, and McIsaac for sure, and probably even Tuomisto and Johansson. He was probably right there with Kaski, Kotkansalo, Lindstrom, Barton, etc...

No, we don't know how good (or bad) any of these prospects will be, but we do know how good they are now, and where they project to be. What do you want to hold on to every single prospect, so you know for sure what they'll become? What a silly question, of course you do...

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

even if you dont count ehn we have enough roster guys at forward as it is , perlini wasnt needed. For me its seider and a group of guys  on our d prospect list afterwards and considering hes 19 id have kept him , you seem to suddenly love these reclamation projects. Try someone like puljujarvi whos still 20 and was part of an oilers organization  well known for running s*** ot the ground not these guys who will amount to nothing (20 goal guy , middle 6 winger ...good one)

No, Perlini wasn't "needed", but depth was, and he adds to that. Regula wasn't "needed" either. We just made our team marginally better now, without mortgaging the future.

Perlini was on pace to score 20 goals in his rookie season as a 20 year old, on pace for 19 the following season, and 17 last season. His goal scoring has declined in each season, but so has his time on ice. He should get more ice time in Detroit, and he should be close to a 20 goal scorer again as a middle six winger.

23 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Virtanen is another bottom line guy who amounts to not much , you really do have a thing for failed guys. I might over value picks/prospects but you definetly over value fringe nhl players who bring not much to the table 

I'm not "overvaluing" any of these guys actually. None are anything more than depth wingers. This team needs depth. So yes, I would trade away junk for slightly better junk...

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Im good with the rebuild , lose and lose some more and pick as many top picks as possible . Adding a fringe guy who will be gone in a few yrs isnt helping the rebuild imo

Help us with what exactly ? Finishing 5th last instead of dead last? Thats not a good thing

Team needs forwards who can score goals more than it needs a good-not-great D prospect who may or may not be playing on the third pairing in three years. That's the logic. Whether that's good logic or not is up for debate. But it is what it is.

IMO, rolling Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha all season long and letting the rest of the forward group atrophy doesn't help the rebuild. It kills confidence, kills morale, kills belief. Hirose hasn't scored a goal and it's pretty clear he isn't going to be a goal scorer. AA hasn't scored a goal and he's a team-worst -12. Our power play has been garbage. Yzerman's throwing the team a bone. He's giving his troops some help.

Edited by Dabura

Like I've said, Perlini has scored some goals at the NHL level. He has a 14-goal season under his belt. He has a 17-goal season under his belt.

With that in mind, here's how some of the highly touted scorers in our system are faring this season:

• AA - 0 goals thru NHL 10 games
  • Hirose - 0 goals thru 12 NHL games
  • Svechnikov - 0 goals thru 4 NHL games (1 goal thru 3 AHL games)
  • Rasmussen - 2 goals thru 6 AHL games
  • Zadina - 1 goal thru 8 AHL games
  • Veleno - 1 goal thru 8 AHL games
  • Berggren - 0 goals thru 13 SHL games

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Like I've said, Perlini has scored some goals at the NHL level. He has a 14-goal season under his belt. He has a 17-goal season under his belt.

With that in mind, here's how some of the highly touted scorers in our system are faring this season:

BuT pErLiNi Is AlReAdY tWeNtY-tHrEe AnD iS oN hIs ThIrD nHl TeAm...

47 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, I would have had him behind Seider, Hronek, Cholowski, DeKeyser, Bowey, and McIsaac for sure, and probably even Tuomisto and Johansson. He was probably right there with Kaski, Kotkansalo, Lindstrom, Barton, etc...

No, we don't know how good (or bad) any of these prospects will be, but we do know how good they are now, and where they project to be. What do you want to hold on to every single prospect, so you know for sure what they'll become? What a silly question, of course you do...

No, Perlini wasn't "needed", but depth was, and he adds to that. Regula wasn't "needed" either. We just made our team marginally better now, without mortgaging the future.

Perlini was on pace to score 20 goals in his rookie season as a 20 year old, on pace for 19 the following season, and 17 last season. His goal scoring has declined in each season, but so has his time on ice. He should get more ice time in Detroit, and he should be close to a 20 goal scorer again as a middle six winger.

I'm not "overvaluing" any of these guys actually. None are anything more than depth wingers. This team needs depth. So yes, I would trade away junk for slightly better junk...

You can have tuomisto,johansson(who was picked what ?20 spots earlier?) ahead lf him but doesnt mean theyll be better. Bowey i think wont be here much longer . Well we know where perlini projects to be and its in europe in a few years. 

Ha We have enough depth as it is , if anything we should have already been getting rid of deadweight not adding more . Wanna add more offense? Heres a crazy thought add svechnikov in the top 6 for 3-4 games instead of putting him on the bottom 6th , the fact he played on the 4th for a few games was nonsensical

your just talking out of your ass with perlini and these projections , everything ive read from fans of the hawks and coyotes is he doesnt play 2 way at all , that wont cut it here . Want to do realistic projections?

mantha bertuzzi larkin is the top line i think thats one thing we can actually agree on, now if we get f***en lucky for once and add a lafraniere/byfield + AA if hes still around and lets say veleno thats line #2 .... after that therea hirose/zadina/rasmussen/kuffner/smith all fighting it out for a 3rd line spot and that doesnt even include the rejects we cant get rid of in nielsen,filppula etc.. so perlini if hes really lucky gets a 3rd line spot next year , probably 4th,waivers or grand rapids ... thats the realistic projection not some top 6 , 20 goal guy 

30 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Team needs forwards who can score goals more than it needs a good-not-great D prospect who may or may not be playing on the third pairing in three years. That's the logic. Whether that's good logic or not is up for debate. But it is what it is.

Rolling Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha all season long and letting the rest of the forward group atrophy doesn't help the rebuild. It kills confidence, kills morale, kills belief. Hirose hasn't scored a goal and it's pretty clear he isn't going to be a goal scorer. AA hasn't scored a goal and he's a team-worst -12. Our power play has been garbage. Yzerman's throwing the team a bone. He's giving his troops some help.

Perlini isnt the answer 

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

BuT pErLiNi Is AlReAdY tWeNtY-tHrEe AnD iS oN hIs ThIrD nHl TeAm...

Your f***en ridiculous 

15 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The guy who couldnt beat out drake caggiula for a spot is gonna save us now , this is what we’ve become

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well we know where perlini projects to be and its in europe in a few years.

Cope harder

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

mantha bertuzzi larkin is the top line i think thats one thing we can actually agree on, now if we get f***en lucky for once and add a lafraniere/byfield + AA if hes still around and lets say veleno thats line #2 .... after that therea hirose/zadina/rasmussen/kuffner/smith all fighting it out for a 3rd line spot and that doesnt even include the rejects we cant get rid of in nielsen,filppula etc.. so perlini if hes really lucky gets a 3rd line spot next year , probably 4th,waivers or grand rapids ... thats the realistic projection not some top 6 , 20 goal guy

Why would we add Perlini? He sucks and will make us suck

Also

We need to suck

krabs_rag3do.jpg

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You can have tuomisto,johansson(who was picked what ?20 spots earlier?) ahead lf him but doesnt mean theyll be better. Bowey i think wont be here much longer . Well we know where perlini projects to be and its in europe in a few years. 

So, at best he was our 7th highest ranked defenseman of the defensemen that will still be around in 3+ years? Tough loss... How will we ever find a replacement for our number 6/7 defenseman?

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ha We have enough depth as it is , if anything we should have already been getting rid of deadweight not adding more . Wanna add more offense? Heres a crazy thought add svechnikov in the top 6 for 3-4 games instead of putting him on the bottom 6th , the fact he played on the 4th for a few games was nonsensical

Yes, we have depth players. But, we do not have *good* depth players. Perlini will most definitely be an upgrade over a few of our s***ty depth players. That's a good thing.

Yes, we need to get rid of some of the deadweight. Enter Perlini.

You've mentioned Svechnikov playing in our top six, three times now. We get it, and not a single person is disagreeing with you on that. Svechnikov should be getting a look in our top six, because everyone else aside from our top line and Athanasiou is complete trash. Enter Perlini.

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

your just talking out of your ass with perlini and these projections , everything ive read from fans of the hawks and coyotes is he doesnt play 2 way at all , that wont cut it here . Want to do realistic projections?

Where did I mention anything about his two-way game? I didn't. The only facts I've stated about Perlini is his goal pace in each of the past three seasons. You're the one talking out of your ass, saying that he projects to be "back in Europe"...

You're right. It's unimaginable to think that a former 12th overall pick that has been on pace for 20 goals (or just shy of it) the past three seasons, can be a 20 goal scorer at the age of 23...

19 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Perlini isnt the answer 

Literally no one is saying he is...

19 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Your f***en ridiculous 

You're f***ing dumb.

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

The guy who couldnt beat our drake caggiula for a spot is gonna save us now , this is what we’ve become

We're not looking for a savior. We're looking for help. It's painfully clear that this team is fatally deficient, even by tank standards; the situation is below the "OK, we're bad, but at least it's a 'good' kind of bad" water line. It's a very bad place to be. Perlini isn't going to magically transform this team into a contender, but it's some help for a team that needs some help. You can't ask the top line and Helm to score all of our goals this season.

"But we already have Erne."

Erne is a grinder. Perlini is more of a scorer. Yzerman is trying to plug some immediate holes with low-risk, high-reward young talent. Erne gives us some size and truculence. Perlini gives us some size and scoring ability. I don't see the problem.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

So, at best he was our 7th highest ranked defenseman of the defensemen that will still be around in 3+ years? Tough loss... How will we ever find a replacement for our number 6/7 defenseman?

Yes, we have depth players. But, we do not have *good* depth players. Perlini will most definitely be an upgrade over a few of our s***ty depth players. That's a good thing.

Yes, we need to get rid of some of the deadweight. Enter Perlini.

You've mentioned Svechnikov playing in our top six, three times now. We get it, and not a single person is disagreeing with you on that. Svechnikov should be getting a look in our top six, because everyone else aside from our top line and Athanasiou is complete trash. Enter Perlini.

Where did I mention anything about his two-way game? I didn't. The only facts I've stated about Perlini is his goal pace in each of the past three seasons. You're the one talking out of your ass, saying that he projects to be "back in Europe"...

You're right. It's unimaginable to think that a former 12th overall pick that has been on pace for 20 goals (or just shy of it) the past three seasons, can be a 20 goal scorer at the age of 23...

Literally no one is saying he is...

You're f***ing dumb.

Not much of an upgrade ... enter perlini lmao 

your dumber 

im done with this nonsense , we dont see eye to eye on this and thats it

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

We're not looking for a savior. We're looking for help. It's painfully clear that this team is fatally deficient, even by tank standards; the situation is below the "OK, we're bad, but at least it's a 'good' kind of bad" water line. It's a very bad place to be. Perlini isn't going to magically transform this team into a contender, but it's some help for a team that needs some help. You can't ask the top line and Helm to score all of our goals this season.

"But we already have Erne."

Erne is a grinder. Perlini is more of a scorer. Yzerman is trying to plug some immediate holes with low-risk, high-reward young talent. Erne gives us some size and truculence. Perlini gives us some size and scoring ability. I don't see the problem.

I dont think anyones ever asked helm to score. I get your point we have a #1 line and thats it , i dont think anyone realisitcally was expecting much else besides AA having more numbers but what do we expect with filppula and nielsen as our c’s , it is what it is .

i dont think perlini will help much and he’ll be gone rather soon , guess we wait and see at this point 

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

your dumber 

im done with this nonsense , we dont see eye to eye on this and thats it

I mean this respectively. I suggest you spend some time working cognitively on your reaction to the next trade. There will be more. And methinks there will be great potential for you to experience further disappointment. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Pronman gave Yzerman a B+ for this trade btw. Bowman got a B

https://theathletic.com/1332172/2019/10/28/nhl-trade-grade-detroit-gets-brendan-perlini-from-chicago-for-alec-regula/

edit to add: said Regula becomes Chicago's 3rd best D prospect. Hahahah suck it Chicago!!!!

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Pronman gave Yzerman a B+ for this trade btw. Bowman got a B

https://theathletic.com/1332172/2019/10/28/nhl-trade-grade-detroit-gets-brendan-perlini-from-chicago-for-alec-regula/

edit to add: said Regula becomes Chicago's 3rd best D prospect. Hahahah suck it Chicago!!!!

Really makes you think

Could this trade have been fair?

Probably not

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

But he is an upgrade...

18 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

your dumber 

I know you are, but what am I?

21 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

im done with this nonsense

Good idea.

19 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I mean this respectively. I suggest you spend some time working cognitively on your reaction to the next trade. There will be more. And methinks there will be great potential for you to experience further disappointment. 

Im good , i expect trades i been pushing AA to be moved for a year now , this type of deal makes no sense for me 

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Im good , i expect trades i been pushing AA to be moved for a year now , this type of deal makes no sense for me 

I get it. You don't see the point. Fair enough. But you have to admit it's a pretty low-risk deal to make right? 

I wish Holland had been clairvoyant enough to trade Sproul, Kindl, Ouellet, Meech, etc when their value was higher. I've always thought that managing and being able to cull a prospect herd was an important skill for a GM to possess. It cost us Quincy, then Vasilevsky in the process of getting Quincy back. Better prospect management could have avoided that scenario. 

Yzerman is rebuilding the team into his vision of what he wants. That includes every position, even bottom 6 forwards. If there is a player that becomes available that fits into what he is trying to do, then he should make those deals.

We tend to throw labels on lower tier players as if they're all the same, unimportant, interchangeable, but they aren't. Not all "bottom six forwards" are the same. Some will fit better into Yzermans plans than others.

It would seem to me that Erne and Perlini are more of what SY wants in his bottom 6 than some of the others there. If he can acquire the guys he wants by giving up lower tier prospects, than what's he should do.

It may seem unnecessary to acquire players that seem redundant. But they obviously don't seem redundant to Steve. "This trade is dumb because we don't need more middle/bottom 6 forwards." No. What's dumb is thinking that Abby, Helm, DLR, Ehn, Erne, and Perlini are all the same player because they're all "bottom 6 forwards". They aren't. 

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I get it. You don't see the point. Fair enough. But you have to admit it's a pretty low-risk deal to make right? 

I wish Holland had been clairvoyant enough to trade Sproul, Kindl, Ouellet, Meech, etc when their value was higher. I've always thought that managing and being able to cull a prospect herd was an important skill for a GM to possess. It cost us Quincy, then Vasilevsky in the process of getting Quincy back. Better prospect management could have avoided that scenario. 

Also, consider the fact that Sproul was a MUCH more highly regarded prospect than Regula at that time. If Holland had the foresight to trade Sproul at the same time in his development as Yzerman has traded Regula, he would have gotten a significantly higher return. I don't fault Holland for that though. No one projected Sproul to be a complete flop at that time.

The fact that Yzerman has a willingness to make trades like this is a good thing in my opinion. I look forward to some of the more impact trades to come...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Also, consider the fact that Sproul was a MUCH more highly regarded prospect than Regula at that time. If Holland had the foresight to trade Sproul at the same time in his development as Yzerman has traded Regula, he would have gotten a significantly higher return. I don't fault Holland for that though. No one projected Sproul to be a complete flop at that time.

The fact that Yzerman has a willingness to make trades like this is a good thing in my opinion. I look forward to some of the more impact trades to come...

Word