• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

10/12 GDT - Red Wings vs Maple Leafs - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Abdelkader has been one of the better players on this team through 5 games. Working his ass off, making smart plays. If he keeps this up, I'm okay with him being overpaid by a mil or so, playing out his career on our 4th line. I love Glendening, but he shouldn't ever be above a bottom six role. Despite de la Rose scoring last night, he along with Ehn shouldn't be on an NHL roster.

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Abdelkader has been one of the better players on this team through 5 games. Working his ass off, making smart plays. If he keeps this up, I'm okay with him being overpaid by a mil or so, playing out his career on our 4th line. I love Glendening, but he shouldn't ever be above a bottom six role. Despite de la Rose scoring last night, he along with Ehn shouldn't be on an NHL roster.

Its ridiculous to center AA and Hirose with Glendening.  This team needs Cozens badly right now.  If we dont get a top 2 pick next year, we need to make a move in FA for a real 2C.

15 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

AA sucked tonight.  Goals 3 and 4 were both his LAZY ASS fault.  

We may be seeing why AA carrying a scoring line as a centerman is perhaps not a realistic long-term thing. Though, to be fair, he did miss a good chunk of camp/preseason and it'll probably be a couple more games before he's truly up to speed.

...Still, I'd be lying if I told you there isn't a voice in the back of my head saying, "If one of Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Athanasiou gets traded at some point between now and September 2020, it's gonna be Athanasiou."

Went to LCA last night for the first time. Very impressive building. The concourses are roomy and the signage is very good, you can see what's up ahead of you. That's what I liked about the Prudential Center except LCA has soul and far better architecture. I liked it. 

The way the banners are displayed made me ill. I'm not wrong. Fight me :lol:

I saw in the box score that Dylan Larkin played last night. We didn't really notice him. 

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Its ridiculous to center AA and Hirose with Glendening.  This team needs Cozens badly right now.  If we dont get a top 2 pick next year, we need to make a move in FA for a real 2C.

To me, Cozens projects as pretty much the same player that AA is right now. Bigger and stronger, sure, but fundamentally a straight-line goal-scorer who's probably a winger at the NHL level. Even if I'm wrong, we won't know for a few years; he's playing in the WHL this season, which means he almost certainly won't be a legit NHL 2C next season. So, Cozens very likely wouldn't help us next season any more than our current top center prospects will.

We do definitely have a hole at the 2C position, that much I fully agree with. But I dunno what we do about it next season. Possibly nothing? We're waiting on Rasmussen and Veleno to arrive and it's looking like neither one will be ready for 2C duty by next October. Schenn has re-signed. Backstrom and Nugent-Hopkins likely will re-sign. I guess we could try to trade for a 2C, but we don't have many (any?) trade assets that are both sexy and clearly expendable.

The 2020 draft class features an unusually large number of high-end two-way centermen, but I'm not sure any of them will be NHL 2C-ready. People will say Quinton Byfield, but he's a boy in a very big man's body beating up on boys in boys' bodies, so I think people should probably pump the brakes on his NHL readiness just a wee bit. Anton Lundell might prove to be more ready for the rigors of NHL 2C life as he will have played two seasons in the Liiga (a very good mens league).

I dunno. Tough situation.