• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Big E Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

Picked DEAD LAST in his draft year, when the draft still had 9 rounds!! #291 overall!

Hakan Andersson convinces him after the draft to abandon what he's done his whole life, playing forward, and to try and whole new position, defense.

This practically undrafted project player would go on to amass a career of 10+ NHL seasons and $40 million in NHL earnings.

And I have a weird suspicion this is his last season, and that maybe we won't even see him suit up this year...

Cheers to Johnny Red Wing, possibly the sexiest most handsome Red Wing to ever grace the ice

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Don't worry. Big E 2.0(Seider) is on his way.

Let me tell you why everything you think is wrong

3 games into the AHL season and the team average on +/- is +0.13. Meanwhile Seider has a massive big dick +4. Leading the entire team. At this pace he will be +101 by the end of the season. This kid has 3 pro games under his belt and teams already fear his righteous defensive abilities to the point they cannot score when he is on the ice. His positioning is perfect, his gap control insane, board work violent. A beast among men.

Ericsson's career average +/- in the AHL? A measly +7 over 3 seasons. PATHETIC. Seider will hit that number on the season within the next 3 games. Ericsson was a pylon whose entire job was merely to be big and stand in front of Howard and look pretty.

These two defensemen are not comparable AND YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Let me tell you why everything you think is wrong

3 games into the AHL season and the team average on +/- is +0.13. Meanwhile Seider has a massive big dick +4. Leading the entire team. At this pace he will be +101 by the end of the season. This kid has 3 pro games under his belt and teams already fear his righteous defensive abilities to the point they cannot score when he is on the ice. His positioning is perfect, his gap control insane, board work violent. A beast among men.

Ericsson's career average +/- in the AHL? A measly +7 over 3 seasons. PATHETIC. Seider will hit that number on the season within the next 3 games. Ericsson was a pylon whose entire job was merely to be big and stand in front of Howard and look pretty.

These two defensemen are not comparable AND YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

Let me tell you why everything you just said holds no value... +/-. It's about as weak a personal stat as you can possibly find, but I'm sure you know that...

Seider will be a damn fine defenseman, and is without a doubt already better than at least a few of the defensemen currently occupying a spot in our top six. However, where we disagree is that Seider playing in Detroit is definitively better for his development than top pair minutes in Grand Rapids for one season.

Seider will get a look with the big club at some point this season.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Let me tell you why everything you just said holds no value... +/-. It's about as weak a personal stat as you can possibly find, but I'm sure you know that...

Seider will be a damn fine defenseman, and is without a doubt already better than at least a few of the defensemen currently occupying a spot in our top six. However, where we disagree is that Seider playing in Detroit is definitively better for his development than top pair minutes in Grand Rapids for one season.

Seider will get a look with the big club at some point this season.

Bolded is all I need to hear.

Seider could replace DK or Nemeth today and play 20 min a game. What's he playing in GR? Max 22 min a game? I doubt it, but lets say they are playing him 22 a game. That's an extra 33 minutes a year of game play. So an extra 2 games of experience at a lower level? You can keep it. Rather have him learning at the NHL level for a whole season than get 33 extra min in the AHL.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Bolded is all I need to hear.

Seider could replace DK or Nemeth today and play 20 min a game. What's he playing in GR? Max 22 min a game? I doubt it, but lets say they are playing him 22 a game. That's an extra 33 minutes a year of game play. So an extra 2 games of experience at a lower level? You can keep it. Rather have him learning at the NHL level for a whole season than get 33 extra min in the AHL.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see any harm in him developing in the minors for half, or even one full season.

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see any harm in him developing in the minors for half, or even one full season.

12 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Give the kid 20 games down there. He will probably dominate by then and be ready for a call up.

"Dear lord, please give me the patience of @krsmith17 and @Akakabuto cause if you give me strength instead ima use to beat the s*** out steve yzerman"

amen

6NXPt_XiLQOy2nNowhDKy2_n2eVhJL9WhtIwHtDW

On 10/12/2019 at 1:08 PM, krsmith17 said:

Always took more flack than he ever deserved. Solid bottom pairing defenseman that carved out a solid NHL career. For better or worse, was a Red Wing for 12 seasons.

He also held his own when he dropped the gloves.

58 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well that was a fast return

He's like Chara though, doesn't fight often and spot picks

Now Andreas Lilja... he kept the flys off

You, and GMR with your manlove for Lilja...I was there live - in the audience at Nashville on Feb 28th 2009 - when Weber beat the snot outta him...He was never the same since...

Feb 02, 2010 Missed 55 games (concussion).
Sep 27, 2009 Concussion, sidelined indefinitely.
Jun 12, 2009 Missed 19 regular season and 23 playoff games (concussion).
Mar 02, 2009 Concussion, sidelined indefinitely.
Edited by F.Michael

35 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

You, and GMR with your manlove for Lilja...I was there live - in the audience at Nashville on Feb 28th 2009 - when Weber beat the snot outta him...He was never the same since...

Feb 02, 2010 Missed 55 games (concussion).
Sep 27, 2009 Concussion, sidelined indefinitely.
Jun 12, 2009 Missed 19 regular season and 23 playoff games (concussion).
Mar 02, 2009 Concussion, sidelined indefinitely.

s389hDt.jpg