• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Big E Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Nirvana is possibly the most overrated band in history.

Come at me, nerds.

Agreed.  And I always love how these macho "rock" guys get moist over some estrogenic malcontent singing about how sad he is.  The original emos. 

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed.  And I always love how these macho "rock" guys get moist over some estrogenic malcontent singing about how sad he is.  The original emos. 

The only grunge band I truly fawn over is Alice In Chains.

Mandatory Prince sucks

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I mean, I don't really have beef with Nirvana or any of their weirdo fans. But I freely admit to being sick of hearing about the band in the same way that I'm sick of hearing about Star Wars and Marvel films.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The only grunge band I truly fawn over is Alice In Chains.

Mandatory Prince sucks

Also a little sad for my taste but typically ok.  They're hit or miss for me.  I like Soundgarden.  Legit badass rock out of that particular scene. 

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

I mean, I don't really have beef with Nirvana or any of their weirdo fans. But I freely admit to being sick of hearing about the band in the same way that I'm sick of hearing about Star Wars and Marvel films.

So you don't have an actual reason to dislike them, you're just being contrarian?  Gotcha.  ;-)

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Also a little sad for my taste but typically ok.  They're hit or miss for me.  I like Soundgarden.  Legit badass rock out of that particular scene. 

So you don't have an actual reason to dislike them, you're just being contrarian?  Gotcha.  ;-)

Honestly, yeah. I don't mind x thing but having x thing shoved down my throat usually puts me off.

I am hipster, hear me roar!

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Honestly, yeah. I don't mind x thing but having x thing shoved down my throat usually puts me off.

I am hipster, hear me roar!

Which, I guess, would apply only to things you can't ignore. So yeah, Nirvana fits.

27 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Alice is what imagine true sorrow sounds like, not counting more classic blues. Time n a place for it.

Soundgarden is good. My fav from the genre is probably STP even thou i think Alice is probably the better band.

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Alice is what imagine true sorrow sounds like, not counting more classic blues. Time n a place for it.

Soundgarden is good. My fav from the genre is probably STP even thou i think Alice is probably the better band.

STP's always kinda been derided as a joke band (and, to be fair, Weiland was certifiable), but they had some real chops as musicians and Weiland was a pretty great rock vocalist.

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

STP's always kinda been derided as a joke band (and, to be fair, Weiland was certifiable), but they had some real chops as musicians and Weiland was a pretty great rock vocalist.

I mean Velvet Revolver was a superstar group and was still nothing without Weiland IMHO

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I like Soundgarden.  Legit badass rock out of that particular scene.

SPOONmannnnnnnnnn
Look at these spoons in my handssssss
Spoooooon Meeeeeeeeee

2rgergcc66wz.jpg

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I mean Velvet Revolver was a superstar group and was still nothing without Weiland IMHO

SPOONmannnnnnnnnn
Look at these spoons in my handssssss
Spoooooon Meeeeeeeeee

2rgergcc66wz.jpg

And there he is kids.  There's Chris Cornell's muse.  Drink it in.  This is a part of rock history.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

OMG. STP, Pearl Jam, Creed. All of them made me hate music for a long time. The Spice Girls brought me back.

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Weakling.

no u

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

OMG. STP, Pearl Jam, Creed. All of them made me hate music for a long time. The Spice Girls brought me back.

Say You'll Be There is God-tier pop.

Edited by Dabura

33 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

You guys sick of hearing from tool fans yet? If not I can go in depth about every album for you :w00t:

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
Embrace this moment, remember
We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion

pic related

9cH3Y56.jpg

Did you like Fear Inoculum?

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

See I can't stand either Pearl Jam or Creed, but I love STP

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
Embrace this moment, remember
We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion

pic related

9cH3Y56.jpg

Did you like Fear Inoculum?

See I can't stand either Pearl Jam or Creed, but I love STP

Tool was my favorite band for about 20 years.  But I haven't even made the effort to listen to the new album.  Nothing about an 8 song, two hour, prog rock opera seems relevant or interesting to me at this point in my life.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Tool was my favorite band for about 20 years.  But I haven't even made the effort to listen to the new album.  Nothing about an 8 song, two hour, prog rock opera seems relevant or interesting to me at this point in my life.

(I didn't like the album and I'm super disappointed about it)