• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Big E Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah, it's like I already know exactly what it sounds like without listening to it so why bother.  The album didn't need to be made. 

I knew it was probably gonna be blah, I just so much wanted it to not be

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, I don't *dislike* Fear Inoculum, but it just kinda...exists. Feels like a b-sides compilation that might've been released between Aenima and Lateralus.

You're right. Kinda sounds like B-sides they've lazily put out years later like its a brand new album

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
Embrace this moment, remember
We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion

pic related

9cH3Y56.jpg

Did you like Fear Inoculum?

See I can't stand either Pearl Jam or Creed, but I love STP

I love the whole album. I'm a huge floyd fan, so this album is awesome. I'm going to see them Nov 9 at LCA

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Tool was my favorite band for about 20 years.  But I haven't even made the effort to listen to the new album.  Nothing about an 8 song, two hour, prog rock opera seems relevant or interesting to me at this point in my life.

To each there own. Its 85 minutes not 2 hours but whatever. Pneuma is the **** though

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, I don't *dislike* Fear Inoculum, but it just kinda...exists. Feels like a b-sides compilation that might've been released between Aenima and Lateralus.

It's their most complicated album they've made. The drumming is absolutely insane. The whole album is hypnotic, fear inoculum took 3 different guitars to record. The base lines are amazing. It's not heavy, like undertow or 10,000 days. It's not as captivating as lateralus or aenima. It's just a completely different journey. it does take a few listens to really begin to appreciate it though. 

20 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Stop. U2 is the best band of the last 30 years. This is canon.

U2 is studio boomer trash. Bono is an insufferable human being.

I'd say worse but I care about U2 that little.

When it comes to the 80s I'm all hair metal and depeche mode kinda s***

9 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

I love the whole album. I'm a huge floyd fan, so this album is awesome. I'm going to see them Nov 9 at LCA

To each there own. Its 85 minutes not 2 hours but whatever. Pneuma is the **** though

The album is slowwwwww though you have to admit

2 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

It's their most complicated album they've made. The drumming is absolutely insane. The whole album is hypnotic, fear inoculum took 3 different guitars to record. The base lines are amazing. It's not heavy, like undertow or 10,000 days. It's not as captivating as lateralus or aenima. It's just a completely different journey. it does take a few listens to really begin to appreciate it though. 

I admit I should listen to it more. Tool is usually an acquired taste.

19 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's slow in parts. Just like any tool song since aenima. 7empest pneuma and invincible are not slow songs though. 

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Depeche Mode?

Well you have some musical taste afterall.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Depeche Mode?

Depeche Mode is super underrated these days I feel like. No one ever talks about them, but like every major artist post 1980s cites them as a major music influence. They good.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Depeche Mode is super underrated these days I feel like. No one ever talks about them, but like every major artist post 1980s cites them as a major music influence. They good.

NOW we can talk! :lol:

Even Anthony Bourdain, one of the punkiest old cranky fuks around (RIP), got into DM in his later years. 

Violator is basically entirely about waiting for, scoring, and doing heroin. Pretty badass. Not to condone the use of hard drugs. Just badass in the way Gahan is sort of owning his s*** and Casey Kasem was playing it. LOL

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1 of these years they'll be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Image result for depeche mode gif

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Even Anthony Bourdain, one of the punkiest old cranky fuks around (RIP), got into DM in his later years. 

Violator is basically entirely about waiting for, scoring, and doing heroin. Pretty badass. Not to condone the use of hard drugs. Just badass in the way Gahan is sort of owning his s***. 

Violator is one of the best albums in music history.

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'd say worse but I care about U2 that little

U2 has been selling platinum albums for 3+ decades with the same lineup. Who else can u really say that about? You can't accomplish that without adapting and reinventing your music style, which they have done more than once. You can't do all those things without being super talented.

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If you're telling me that Whitesnake and Warrant are more talented than U2, than u have lost ur musical credibility.

Techo-pop was cool for about 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

1 of these years they'll be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Image result for depeche mode gif

Violator is one of the best albums in music history.

As an owner of this album myself, I respectfully disagree. DMs best album? Sure. But not even among my top 50 personal favorites.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

U2 has been selling platinum albums for 3+ decades with the same lineup. Who else can u really say that about? You can't accomplish that without adapting and reinventing your music style, which they have done more than once. You can't do all those things without being super talented.

If you're telling me that Whitesnake and Warrant are more talented than U2, than u have lost ur musical credibility.

Techo-pop was cool for about 3 weeks.

As an owner of this album myself, I respectfully disagree. DMs best album? Sure. But not even among my top 50 personal favorites.

More talented doesn't equal more fun to listen to.  Yngwie Malmsteen is probably a more technically proficient guitar player than Keith Richards, but who cares?

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

More talented doesn't equal more fun to listen to.  Yngwie Malmsteen is probably a more technically proficient guitar player than Keith Richards, but who cares?

Came to say this

U2 is mega successful sure, so is Britney Spears

U2 has always been cookie cutter mainstream mass appeal. Great for making lots of money, but not particularly interesting in its own right. Good for playing in a car commercial or over the speakers while I'm shopping at target.

Hair metal is fun. They dress up like chicks and sing about the devil and gettin' laid. I'm not really listening to it for the technical proficiency, but shrieking guitar whines do wake something up in me...

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Came to say this

U2 has always been cookie cutter mainstream mass appeal. Great for making lots of money, but not particularly interesting in its own right. Good for playing in a car commercial or over the speakers while I'm shopping at target.

Hair metal is fun. They dress up like chicks and sing about the devil and gettin' laid. I'm not really listening to it for the technical proficiency, but shrieking guitar whines do wake something up in me...

So, you're basically like still 16 years old then. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

That's a fair point. Although u cant really listen to songs like "Seventeen" or "Lose Your Love" as a middle aged man like you could when you were a teenager.

I have enjoyed listening to all kinds of nonsensical music over the years, its fun for sure. I would just never put Wang Chung, Kajagoogoo, or Bow Wow Wow in the same sentence as U2, REM, or Journey. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Came to say this

How is U2 in anyway cookie cutter? Their music is unlike anything else out there. Name one comparable.

And again, you dont stay at the top for that long if you only posess the musical talent of a Britney Spears. Bands come and go all time. Only the legit ones stand the test of time.

And yes, hair metal is fun, but it didnt really require much talent. That's why those guys are gone and so is that genre.

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Depeche Mode?

Psychadelic Furs, man.

33 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I would just never put Wang Chung, Kajagoogoo, or Bow Wow Wow in the same sentence as U2, REM, or Journey.

Lol I hate all three of those bands

We probably have fundamentally different tastes

How is U2 in anyway cookie cutter? Their music is unlike anything else out there. Name one comparable.

Every song sounds the same to me. Every song is upbeat and uplifting. I get why they have mass appeal, makes me personally wanna vomit.

And yes, hair metal is fun, but it didnt really require much talent. That's why those guys are gone and so is that genre.

I wouldn't say that at all. You're acting like U2 is a buncha virtuosos. They're no better than the average hair metal band. They've been making hits for 30 years cause they weren't drug induced party animal degenerates like their hair metal comrades. Those guys all died or burned out in 5 to 10 years.

Kiss has been around for 100 years and they make the most elementary music on the planet

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Violator is basically entirely about waiting for, scoring, and doing heroin. Pretty badass. Not to condone the use of hard drugs. Just badass in the way Gahan is sort of owning his s*** and Casey Kasem was playing it. LOL

Missed your post somehow

This is the edge I need in my music

U2 is completely devoid of edge. They are smooth and boring.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That's a fair point. Although u cant really listen to songs like "Seventeen" or "Lose Your Love" as a middle aged man like you could when you were a teenager.

I have enjoyed listening to all kinds of nonsensical music over the years, its fun for sure. I would just never put Wang Chung, Kajagoogoo, or Bow Wow Wow in the same sentence as U2, REM, or Journey. 

And again, you dont stay at the top for that long if you only posess the musical talent of a Britney Spears. Bands come and go all time. Only the legit ones stand the test of time.

Psychadelic Furs, man.

Stone Roses.