• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

10/17 Short Memory GDT - Red Wings @ Flames - 9:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Would be real nice to get a win here tonight. We're in Edmonton tomorrow and it's fair to assume the Oilers are going to buttslam us, because of course. I am not looking forward to the Mike Smith shutout and Tomas Jurco hat trick.

The good news is we're still holding on to a wild card spot (albeit very tenuously):

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2019/wildcard

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

29 goals against. Thats like Toronto Maple Leafs-bad. Oof indeed. 

If they end up losing Hall for nothing, the rebuild basically resets to Year 1. I mean, Hischier and Hughes are great building blocks, but, uh, if Shero's goal was to get his team to at least the second round of the 2020 playoffs (and convince Hall to stay), early returns are...not exactly promising. Then again, "The Blues were in last place" etc. etc. etc.

Seems like there's a crying need for a goalie there. Perhaps we could interest them in Howard/Bernier.

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

If they end up losing Hall for nothing, the rebuild basically resets to Year 1. I mean, Hischier and Hughes are great building blocks, but, uh, if Shero's goal was to get his team to at least the second round of the 2020 playoffs (and convince Hall to stay), early returns are...not exactly promising. Then again, "The Blues were in last place" etc. etc. etc.

Seems like there's a crying need for a goalie there. Perhaps we could interest them in Howard/Bernier.

WTF happened with Schneider btw

28 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

At practice today:

Larkin-Glendening-Erne

Abdelkader-Helm-Athanasiou

Bertuzzi-Ehn-Hirose

Mantha-Filppula-Nielsen

Delarose working in for Mantha

Wow going for the shutout? ...as I don't see any scoring possible with those lines.  Wonder if Blash had 4 hotdogs and came up with those combos. 

49 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Also...

lmao

Hall for Larsson straight up... Nah, that would be borderline insane. No GM (currently employed) would make that trade...

Seriously though, I would love to see Hall back in Edmonton, on McDavid's wing. Make it happen Kenny!

7 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

How would you know - you're wearing sunglasses...Probably got a cup with pencils for sale too.

I have no idea what this means.

But to reiterate, I have never seen a Flames jersey that I liked. There "flaming A" jerseys from their Atlanta days werent bad, but not enough to buy one.

Edit: just got the reference...my avatar

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie