• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

10/22 Drinking Game: Every Time the Wings Don't Score, Take a Shot GDT - Canucks @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

Well it really was retro 80s night - circa 1982.

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I went for a walk.  Glad i did.

Was 2-2...Had to tuck in a few of my boys, and took the dog out to take a dump...Come back inside, and it's 4-2...Looks like my dog wasn't the only one who dropped a turd.

8 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

******* embarrassing!!! I need a trash can to kick. 

It's these games where ya wonder if Grand Master Y is contemplating a change behind the bench ?

11 hours ago, mackel said:

Quinn Hughes with 2 point for VAN, how's Zadina doing is Toledo even playing?

Lol.  Your pettiness has gone super saiyan. 

46 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

image.thumb.png.31575f1573aae6ca557ebfc361c2b308.png

Silver lining. I hope this happens so much! It's the only thing keeping me interested.

Still rather have Byfield. 6'4, 200+ lbs, centers who skate like the wind and have puck skills don't exactly grow on trees.

47 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Not to sound like a broken record, but a few more of these games (especially a loss to Ottawa tonight) - will Grand Master Y continue down the Holland trail of patience with the club, or will he look to replace Blashill?

I think he'll own it. We had a bad team and he added Filppula and Nemeth. Didn't exactly do Blashill any favors.

Besides, who replaces Blashill? If it's internal, that's Bylsma, and that's a big nope from me. Externally? I feel like there's basically nothing out there right now.

35 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think he'll own it. We had a bad team and he added Filppula and Nemeth. Didn't exactly do Blashill any favors.

Besides, who replaces Blashill? If it's internal, that's Bylsma, and that's a big nope from me. Externally? I feel like there's basically nothing out there right now.

Definitely.  I'm not sure whether or not Blashill is a good coach.  There are things I like about the guy and things I don't.  But I'm positive that he's not your biggest problem when Neilsen, Filppula, Helm, Abby, Glendening, Erne, Ehn and De La Rose are 8 of your 14 regular forwards.

I'd like to see what Blashill could manage with a genuinely decent roster on the rise. He basically got the same results as Babs did with our aging roster before the rebuild. Snuck into the playoffs once and then continued the downward trajectory that had been trending for a few years.  So I'm still not sure what he is as a coach.

47 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Exactly. Everyone calling for Blashill to be fired, but for the most part (aside from this past stretch) he's done a good job with what he's had to work with. I'm not saying Blashill is a great coach, but he's definitely not the reason we're losing games. We're a one line team. Our bottom six is filled with borderline NHLers. I'd like to see what he can do with a half decent roster over the next couple seasons before we fire him.

58 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Just wait for Gallant. Looking around the league he’s the guy that I would want coaching the Wings. Don’t want a junior/collage/ahl-coach.