• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

10/23 Not Like This. Not Like This GDT - Red Wings @ Senators - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

28 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

Exactly.  I can't even get excited about losing because you know we'll get screwed in the lottery.  Not to mention, even if we do get the first overall, he'll probably regress under Blashill like most of our other prospects so far.

Which prospects have "regressed" under Blashill?

49 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Finish dead last. End up with at least a top 4 pick. Good times. 

Can we at least pretend that we have a slight chance of making the playoffs at least until....December??  We're not even out of October and this looks really bad and hope already lost....this is ugly.  So, it was a great 2019-2020 season for three weeks. 

Who is under the most pressure in the Wings organization?:  The LCA promotions team.  Can't wait to see what ridiculousness they conjure up to fill seats come February. Free iPhone night??  Celebrating the "Roarin 1920's"??  Roller Skate Night - (fans encourage to attend game wearing roller skates)??  LSD Night??  Celebrating Michigan Marine Life Night??  This will actually be the "game within the game".  This should be fun.

2 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Can we at least pretend that we have a slight chance of making the playoffs at least until....December??  We're not even out of October and this looks really bad and hope already lost....this is ugly.  So, it was a great 2019-2020 season for three weeks. 

Who is under the most pressure in the Wings organization?:  The LCA promotions team.  Can't wait to see what ridiculousness they conjure up to fill seats come February. Free iPhone night??  Celebrating the "Roarin 1920's"??  Roller Skate Night - (fans encourage to attend game wearing roller skates)??  LSD Night??  Celebrating Michigan Marine Life Night??  This will actually be the "game within the game".  This should be fun.

Fans from Wisconsin get free craft beer night :w00t:

15 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

LSD Night has my vote. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LSD Night has my vote. 

LSD night at the LCA according to me:

Chillin in my seat enjoying the music and lights from the jumbotron
Players on the ice all swirling together
Fans cheering and yelling vibrates my entire soul
Have Little Caesars
Cheese is meltier than my face
Finish slice
Life literally ruined because no more delicious pizza slice
Look down at pizza box
I only ate the first slice, THERE'S A WHOLE PIZZA LEFT
Literally cry from relief and happiness
Red Wings win by 8 goals

LSD night at the LCA according to sober friend:

Pointing cell phone at jumbotron trying to change the channel like a TV remote for the entire 1st period
Yelling and screaming at random points in the game and during dead time upsetting everyone in our section
Rubbing hot super slice on my face
Throw mangled super slice on the ice like its an octopus yelling THERE'S A WHOLE PIZZA LEFT
There isn't
Crying from trying to eat my own now sauce covered hands
Red Wings lose by 5 goals

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

The fact that Steve-O signed Flip and Nemeth told everyone all they needed to know about how competitive this team was supposed to be this year.  If you had other expectations, that's on you.  Really fans should be looking more at micro-level changes this season.  For instance, look at the turnover in our defense: Cholo and Hronek look like genuinely good players, Ericsson is gone, and more to follow at the deadline/end of the season.  Or look at Darren Helm bumping up his trade value, not too shabby. Or look at (untradeable) Abby making the offseason effort and not completely phoning it in.  Or Mantha and Bertuzzi taking the next step in their personal development.  Or the top line being a genuine threat against the top lines of better teams. 

There's plenty of progress outside of the team's record.  Without landing impact free agents there was simply no way for us to be better/good this year.  So we've got to tank again and hope for a lottery pick, get some internal help from Rasmussen and Svech, and wait another year.

40 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The fact that Steve-O signed Flip and Nemeth told everyone all they needed to know about how competitive this team was supposed to be this year.

Yessir, and I think length of Fil and Nemeths contracts are telling as well. 2 years. I'd venture to guess that means Yzerman intends to "rebuild" at least another season after this one.

Helm
Glendening
Filppula
Nemeth
Bernier

(basically a good bulk of our middle core) Will all become UFA after those 2 years in 2021 if they aren't traded prior.

That's when I see things beginning to open up. If they aren't busts, Zadina, Svech, Ras, Veleno, and Seider will all likely be able to join the roster full time by then, along with some other more middling prospects and maybe another high draft pick.

We'll know the team has turned the corner when UFA's other than the Nemeths and Fils of the world want to join our roster. 

2021/22 opening roster

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
AA - Veleno/Ras - Zadina
Hirose - Veleno/Ras - Svech
Abby - Nielsen - Glendening (re-signed)
Prospect

Cholo - Seider
DK - Hronek
Prospect/FA/Bowey - Prospect/FA/Bowey
Prospect

Larsson
Howard (re-signed)

That doesn't even look half bad without FA's if the prospects develop as expected

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yessir, and I think length of Fil and Nemeths contracts are telling as well. 2 years. I'd venture to guess that means Yzerman intends to "rebuild" at least another season after this one.

Helm
Glendening
Filppula
Nemeth
Bernier

(basically a good bulk of our middle core) Will all become UFA after those 2 years in 2021 if they aren't traded prior.

That's when I see things beginning to open up. If they aren't busts, Zadina, Svech, Ras, Veleno, and Seider will all likely be able to join the roster full time by then, along with some other more middling prospects and maybe another high draft pick.

We'll know the team has turned the corner when UFA's other than the Nemeths and Fils of the world want to join our roster. 

2021/22 opening roster

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
AA - Veleno/Ras - Zadina
Hirose - Veleno/Ras - Svech
Abby - Nielsen - Glendening (re-signed)
Prospect

Cholo - Seider
DK - Hronek
Prospect/FA/Bowey - Prospect/FA/Bowey
Prospect

Larsson
Howard (re-signed)

That doesn't even look half bad without FA's if the prospects develop as expected

I think we'll see a pretty significant improvement from this season to next. We might not make the playoffs next season, but I think we'll at least be in the conversation. This season we'll (hopefully)be a bottom three team and actually pick in the top three. Add that player to your 2021 roster, as well as a free agent or two and we'll be in great shape.

I'm still confident that all of Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov and Seider will be significant pieces to the core of this roster. Add a Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, etc. and we're back!

This team needs:

- a top 3 pick this year, a top 5 pick next year

-  at least one player currently in the system other than Rasmussen and Seider to develop into a top 4 D/ top 6 forward

- a big trade or home run UFA signing  

Then we can talk playoffs

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think we'll see a pretty significant improvement from this season to next. We might not make the playoffs next season, but I think we'll at least be in the conversation. This season we'll (hopefully)be a bottom three team and actually pick in the top three. Add that player to your 2021 roster, as well as a free agent or two and we'll be in great shape.

I'm still confident that all of Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov and Seider will be significant pieces to the core of this roster. Add a Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, etc. and we're back!

I assume there's no chance Ehn or DLR  get qualified or re-signed after this year, unless Yzerman starts selling or buying out forward pieces.

That leaves 2/3 roster spots for Ras/Svech/Veleno/Zadina/Lafren/Kuffner to join the team

I don't think we'll be needing any more forward FA's if this is the case

Defense is a little tricky. I won't care if Green, Daley, Bowey, Biega are all gone, but I'm sure some mixture of them will be back. Seider is the only Dman I expect to make the team next year. Maybe a D UFA will be required.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Agreed.  Also, my gut tells me Stevie will be really active at the trade deadline.  Wouldn't be shocked to see him pulls a major move(s) that involve guys that we assumed we were definitely core to our future. 

Just now, Learn2LuvIt said:

Agreed.  Also, my gut tells me Stevie will be really active at the trade deadline.  Wouldn't be shocked to see him pulls a major move(s) that involve guys that we assumed we were definitely core to our future. 

My body isn't ready for this

I wanna go back to the Holloplan

At least we aren't totally delusional fans

1571883327760.jpg

Imagine having to cope like this

5 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Look Up Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

This team needs:

a top 3 pick this year

Likely, but still need the balls to fall our way.

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

a top 5 pick next year

Not likely, unless we luck out in the draft lottery. I think we'll be out of the bottom 10 next season.

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

at least one player currently in the system other than Rasmussen and Seider to develop into a top 4 D/ top 6 forward

I'd say the likelihood of at least one of Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov, Berggren, McIsaac, etc. turning into a top six forward / top four defenseman is very likely. More likely than Rasmussen in my opinion (and I've come around a lot on Big Ras)...

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

a big trade or home run UFA signing  

I have no idea how this will play out, but I trust that Yzerman will pull at least one of these off in the next two years...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Likely, but still need the balls to fall our way.

Not likely, unless we luck out in the draft lottery. I think we'll be out of the bottom 10 next season.

I'd say the likelihood of at least one of Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov, Berggren, McIsaac, etc. turning into a top six forward / top four defenseman is very likely. More likely than Rasmussen in my opinion (and I've come around a lot on Big Ras)...

I have no idea how this will play out, but I trust that Yzerman will pull at least one of these off in the next two years...

LOL the one guy currently playing like he should in the AHL. He's the guy you the most worried about? LOL Ohhhhhhhh K.,

You narrative is showing. Tuck that in. 

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I assume there's no chance Ehn or DLR  get qualified or re-signed after this year, unless Yzerman starts selling or buying out forward pieces.

That leaves 2/3 roster spots for Ras/Svech/Veleno/Zadina/Lafren/Kuffner to join the team

I don't think we'll be needing any more forward FA's if this is the case

Defense is a little tricky. I won't care if Green, Daley, Bowey, Biega are all gone, but I'm sure some mixture of them will be back. Seider is the only Dman I expect to make the team next year. Maybe a D UFA will be required.

Yeah, I'm hoping we let all of those guys walk, but wouldn't be surprised to see a couple back... Ehn and de la Rose are replaceable by any of Pearson, Turgeon, Kuffner, Smith, etc. Let them walk. Green and Daley are way past their prime, and can be replaced by Seider, or any other UFA defenseman on a short deal. I wouldn't hate bringing Bowey back as the 6th / 7th defenseman, but Biega needs to go as well.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL the one guy currently playing like he should in the AHL. He's the guy you the most worried about? LOL Ohhhhhhhh K.,

You narrative is showing. Tuck that in. 

What are you talking about? I didn't say I'm worried about Rasmussen, or that any single one of those players is more likely to hit than him... I said ONE of FIVE (or more, basically any prospect in the system) is more likely to hit their ceiling than ONE player by himself. That's common sense...

What's my narrative? I'd love to hear it...

Also, while what Rasmussen is doing is very impressive, he is a year older, 2 feet taller and 100lbs heavier than Veleno or Zadina. He also has the NHL experience to help him along. I still think Veleno will end up being the better player, but I'm not as convinced today, as I was a couple weeks ago.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

What are you talking about? I didn't say I'm worried about Rasmussen, or that any single one of those players is more likely to hit than him... I said ONE of FIVE (or more, basically any prospect in the system) is more likely to hit their ceiling than ONE player by himself. That's common sense...

What's my narrative? I'd love to hear it...

Also, while what Rasmussen is doing is very impressive, he is a year older, 2 feet taller and 100lbs heavier than Veleno or Zadina. He also has the NHL experience to help him along. I still think Veleno will end up being the better player, but I'm not as convinced today, as I was a couple weeks ago.

My bad. Makes more sense.

But in this case I'd bet on Rasmussen making it over any random one of those other guys. Despite the odds. 

Maybe that's just my narrative/bias showing :lol:

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Also, while what Rasmussen is doing is very impressive, he is a year older, 2 feet taller and 100lbs heavier than Veleno or Zadina. He also has the NHL experience to help him along.

Pretty much sums up why he's next in line

He's a lock to be next in line purely because he can rag doll opponents and bench press 600 lbs

He's going to do what he did to the WHL to the AHL this year

Zadina and Veleno are still weakling milk drinkers like Larkin was early on

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

My bad. Makes more sense.

But in this case I'd bet on Rasmussen making it over any random one of those other guys. Despite the odds. 

Maybe that's just my narrative/bias showing :lol:

Making it? Or making the biggest impact? Do you think Rasmussen has the highest ceiling of any prospect in the organization? That I would disagree with. He's looked really good in this short stint, but again, he has the experience and size advantage over most of the other young guys...

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pretty much sums up why he's next in line

He's a lock to be next in line purely because he can rag doll opponents and bench press 600 lbs

He's going to do what he did to the WHL to the AHL this year

Zadina and Veleno are still weakling milk drinkers like Larkin was early on

I definitely don't disagree that Rasmussen is and should be next in line. I just don't think he has the highest ceiling. Ras is built like an ox, but he's still not even completely filled out yet, which is kind of scary... He still gets knocked off the puck too easily, but once he gains that lower body strength, he will be a force down low, in the corners and in his office (front of the net)...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Making it? Or making the biggest impact? Do you think Rasmussen has the highest ceiling of any prospect in the organization? That I would disagree with. He's looked really good in this short stint, but again, he has the experience and size advantage over most of the other young guys...

The only forward with a higher ceiling in Zadina. But I'm less and less sure he'll get there. I think Veleno will be a very good defensive forward but, like many amatuer scouts, I'm not sold on his offensive production at the pro level. I've said all this before. 

Also, saying he has size advantage sort of sounds dismissive. It's like saying Larkin's only better than Rasmussen because he has a skating advantage. An advantage is an advantage. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The only forward with a higher ceiling in Zadina. But I'm less and less sure he'll get there. I think Veleno will be a very good defensive forward but, like many pro scouts, I'm not sold on his offensive production at the pro level. I've said all this before. 

Also, saying he has size advantage sort of sounds dismissive. It's like saying Larkin's only better than Rasmussen because he has a skating advantage. An advantage is an advantage. 

I'm curious as to why you don't think Veleno has the offensive capabilities? Was it the monster numbers he put up last year in the Q? or the short stint (first 6 games) in the AHL?

I'm more so saying that Rasmussen has the size advantage against his competition, that wasn't and won't be the case when he plays in the NHL, as opposed to the AHL. But yes, Rasmussen does have the size advantage over Veleno, and that's not going to change. However, I'd argue that Veleno has just about every other advantage you want in a forward (center); skating, passing, hockey IQ, etc... So again, aside from these first six games, what gives you the impression that Rasmussen is a better prospect than Veleno?

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm curious as to why you don't think Veleno has the offensive capabilities? Was it the monster numbers he put up last year in the Q? or the short stint (first 6 games) in the AHL?

I'm more so saying that Rasmussen has the size advantage against his competition, that wasn't and won't be the case when he plays in the NHL, as opposed to the AHL. But yes, Rasmussen does have the size advantage over Veleno, and that's not going to change. However, I'd argue that Veleno has just about every other advantage you want in a forward (center); skating, passing, hockey IQ, etc... So again, aside from these first six games, what gives you the impression that Rasmussen is a better prospect than Veleno?

Oh, I know you'd argue. 

Rasmussen will be as good defensively as Veleno and probably better offensively. Debatable?Maybe. 

BUT Rasmussen's size and net-front game makes him "special". He's going to do all the things I'm alluding to when I say he'll be good defensively and he'll hold his own 5-on-5 offensively while also carving himself out a very important niche role of PP net front monster. Something he should be elite at vs the rest of the league. No part of Veleno's game is that special.