• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

10/27 tHe BlUeS wErE iN LaSt PlAcE lAsT sEaSoN GDT - Blues @ Red Wings - 5:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Just like that.. lazy Green just watched it happen. 

Offside?

Nah, another loss. At least it wasn't a regulation loss? Does that make it better?

Idk, at least it was a positive 3rd period, the offense got something going. They played well in the 3rd against a great team. Positive vibes.

well, that is a shame... but I saw a lot of progress there in the third...  the score won't show how well they rebounded and played, but such is this sport.  I still think they will turn the corner soon, and be amazing.  We have the ingredients, just need to fine tune the recipe.  LGRW!!

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

well, that is a shame... but I saw a lot of progress there in the third...  the score won't show how well they rebounded and played, but such is this sport.  I still think they will turn the corner soon, and be amazing.  We have the ingredients, just need to fine tune the recipe.  LGRW!!

Good call, loo.

I will always want the win. We could be 0-81 on the season with a lead in the final minutes of the 3rd period in Game 82 and I would be sweating bullets because I want the mofoing win.

But this season is about small improvements, ones that won't necessarily show up on the score sheet -- like you said. Not moral victories, which are for chumps. I'm talking about stuff you can file in the "OK, that's how we're going to have to play every period of every game" folder. Stuff you can build on. Stuff that players internalize (positively and negatively). As long as the young players are learning and growing and playing competitive hockey, I'm ok. For the time being.

4 minutes ago, mackel said:

Well it's almost a given we'll be after a quality UFA goalie.  The need in net is glaring.

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, yeah. Gimme Markstrom. On the other hand, our D group is literally the worst in the league and Carey Price would probably look pedestrian behind it.

There's definitely a psychological element that has to be considered tho; a young rebuilding team really, really needs a goalie they believe in. Nothing kills team confidence quicker and more thoroughly than backbreaking letdown goaltending. I dunno that I believe that's what we have in Howard and Bernier, but I guess I would've liked to have seen [goalie] play well enough to steal this evening's game and the Sabres game and maybe the Oilers game.

...But, again, that's probably a lot to ask of even a legit Vezina-caliber goalie. Our back end is unbelievably thin.

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, yeah. Gimme Markstrom. On the other hand, our D group is literally the worst in the league and Carey Price would probably look pedestrian behind it.

There's definitely a psychological element that has to be considered tho; a young rebuilding team really, really needs a goalie they believe in. Nothing kills team confidence quicker and more thoroughly than backbreaking letdown goaltending. I dunno that I believe that's what we have in Howard and Bernier, but I guess I would've liked to have seen [goalie] play well enough to steal this evening's game and the Sabres game and maybe the Oilers game.

...But, again, that's probably a lot to ask of even a legit Vezina-caliber goalie. Our back end is unbelievably thin.

Probably also worth noting that we made Binnington look pretty mortal tonight.

Just now, mackel said:

Just took a look at the standings... presently NJ has the best odds at #1, early I know but! The NHL needs to put a cap on #1 picks and or top end drafting...  

They have games in hand and like a blind squirrel may bump into a nut

I don't think Lafreniere is a lock to go first overall though, nor is Ottawa a lock to be worse than we are.  Anybody with the first overall pick has to choose between a highly skilled winger who is one of the older players in the draft, or a bigger, faster, younger, center who is nearly as skilled.  I don't think it's as clear cut as some may think. 

17 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't think Lafreniere is a lock to go first overall though, nor is Ottawa a lock to be worse than we are.  Anybody with the first overall pick has to choose between a highly skilled winger who is one of the older players in the draft, or a bigger, faster, younger, center who is nearly as skilled.  I don't think it's as clear cut as some may think. 

Gary rigged Lafren to Ottawa already. Callin' it.

V90pvcR.png

wjrivqW.gif

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Gary rigged Lafren to Ottawa already. Callin' it.

V90pvcR.png

wjrivqW.gif

I'm cool with that.  Add Byfield to our forward group and we're genuinely dangerous.  Means only one of Rasmussen/Veleno needs to turn into a 3C and the other can play wing.

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Maybe unpopular opinion:

Cholowski and Biega should go down to GR and Seider and Ericsson should come up.

AA should be traded at the deadline.

100% agree. 

The problem is, currently even Darren Helm has more trade value than AA. 

Ran the 'tankathon' for the 1st time in months...We dropped back to 3rd...LA dropped down to 2nd...F-ing Toronto dropped to 1st overall :shock:

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

100% agree. 

The problem is, currently even Darren Helm has more trade value than AA. 

Wonder how Helm would look in blue, and white?

Edited by F.Michael