• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/1 Rabbit Rabbit GDT - Red Wings @ Hurricanes - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, Y19 said:

Looks like NHLtv has some really cool background for their "commercial break in progress" screen.  It shows the process of putting the graphics on the ice.

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

beats the steaming NHL logo... LOL

OK, cool, so it *is* a new feature. I was thinking I might've slipped into some Mandela Effect alternate dimension dealy. :lol:

Just now, Prolix said:

Is the NHL okay? What a stupid rule, that failing a challenge is a penalty. Why even have bench challenges then?

I feel like a few games were ruined last season due to the frequency of challenges, and a skater being a 16th of an inch over the blue line having goals called back killing both momentum and the pacing of the game, it's an effort to restrict challenges and reserve them for instances that are more likely to be overturned. 

A lot of challenges last year were more like "Well we have the challenge anyway, may as well stop the game for 4 minutes and have them take a look even though it won't be overturned"

1 minute ago, Prolix said:

Is the NHL okay? What a stupid rule, that failing a challenge is a penalty. Why even have bench challenges then?

I think the idea is that it'll sometimes dissuade a coach from making the challenge. People feel these reviews take too long and screw up the pace of the game.