• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/1 Rabbit Rabbit GDT - Red Wings @ Hurricanes - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

Just now, Dabura said:

Thing is, he's probably still going to finish with around 30 goals. Cuz that's just how it is with him. Runs very hot or very cold.

Problem is the Wings have had way too many guys like that.  Franzen, Tatar, Nyquist, AA, even Mantha.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Thing is, he's probably still going to finish with around 30 goals. Cuz that's just how it is with him. Runs very hot or very cold.

He better hurry then, cuz he is looking like anything but a 30 goal scorer.

Edit: He'll finish with 20 goals, 17 assists

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

With very few exceptions, every player is a dropper or reacher

Just to be clear: I'm still good with the Zadina and Veleno and Seider picks. And the Rasmussen pick. I don't think those picks are really holding us back. I think it's just the unfortunate reality that we haven't been able to pick in the top 3 yet and we haven't found some real gems in the later rounds. We're the Rangers if the Rangers had picked 6th overall in the 2019 Draft. (Though, even with all of their shiny new toys, the Rangers aren't exactly dominating right now.)

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He better hurry then, cuz he is looking like anything but a 30 goal scorer.

Edit: He'll finish with 20 goals, 17 assists

Twice last season he went 11 games without scoring a goal. He's streaky as hell. As long as he keeps getting lots and lots of breakaways, the goals will probably be there by the end of the season. I'm not really trying to say that's a good thing or a bad thing, just that this is basically what he is. A "30-goal scorer" with 80% of those goals coming on breakaways because he's just that fast.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I remember there was someone here advocating for trading him last year because he was at his highest value and wasnt really the player we saw last season.

He was my favorite player last year for sure. Well, besides that Bertuzzi guy from my hometown. He's still got lots of time to get hot, but i dunno if we'll see 54 points out of him again.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Just to be clear: I'm still good with the Zadina and Veleno and Seider picks. And the Rasmussen pick. I don't think those picks are really holding us back. I think it's just the unfortunate reality that we haven't been able to pick in the top 3 yet and we haven't found some real gems in the later rounds. We're the Rangers if the Rangers had picked 6th overall in the 2019 Draft. (Though, even with all of their shiny new toys, the Rangers aren't exactly dominating right now.)

They'll have to hit on some players eventually. Stats!

As long as this team avoids some kind of organisational disease we shouldn't have to unduly suffer. 

I worry about ownership from time to time though. 

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Twice last season he went 11 games without scoring a goal. He's streaky as hell. As long as he keeps getting lots and lots of breakaways, the goals will probably be there by the end of the season. I'm not really trying to say that's a good thing or a bad thing, just that this is basically what he is. A "30-goal scorer" with 80% of those goals coming on breakaways because he's just that fast.

Blash was saying Seider is going to be a beast. He doesn't really have to teach him much, but wanted him to get some AHL experience this season. Veleno will be a better player than Zadina i think.

Or was it Yzerman that said that? lol

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Lafreniere was in town here tonight. Saw Kris Draper at the hotel gym earlier today. Felt good. 

Sweet! Drapes was one of my favorite players growing up.

(Note: I realize Draper is still with the organization. I'm just saying I probably would've geeked out and asked for an autograph if I saw him in a random place.)

16 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Sweet! Drapes was one of my favorite players growing up.

(Note: I realize Draper is still with the organization. I'm just saying I probably would've geeked out and asked for an autograph if I saw him in a random place.)

I met Drapes at the Stadium Series game in Colorado. Got a pic with him, but never got his autograph. I'm not big into autographs to be honest...

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

I'm not feeling it. We will see.

This is likely the year we get a top 3 pick.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Perlini is not the answer.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

He was my favorite player last year for sure. Well, besides that Bertuzzi guy from my hometown. He's still got lots of time to get hot, but i dunno if we'll see 54 points out of him again.

He's like the new Nyquist. Not really special enough to be a building block, and becoming too expensive to keep around for secondary scoring. If we could get a 1st for him right now, I'd take it.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

I see you're as agreeable as ever.

We all have our thing.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I met Drapes at the Stadium Series game in Colorado. Got a pic with him, but never got his autograph. I'm not big into autographs to be honest...

Well, I mean, *younger me* -- circa mid-to-late-'90s -- might've asked for an autograph, cuz that's what kids were culturally trained to do back then. I was so big into collecting hockey cards in the '90s that I probably would've been carrying a Draper card on me. And a sharpie. :lol:

Edited by Dabura

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I'm not feeling it. We will see.

I'm not really feeling it either, tbh. But I wasn't feeling it for most of last season and we know how that turned out, so I'm not nearly ready to close the door on the possibility yet. He's still generating lots of chances for himself, he's just been massively "unlucky" so far.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He's like the new Nyquist. Not really special enough to be a building block, and becoming too expensive to keep around for secondary scoring. If we could get a 1st for him right now, I'd take it.

Weren't you against trading Nyquist tho?

I mean, I agree with you that he doesn't appear to be as important as the top-line guys. Though, in saying that, I think it's fair to say the leaves-me-wanting-more thing is at least *partly* a team problem, as opposed it being purely a him problem.

Like, look at Bertuzzi. 21 goals and 47 points through 73 games last season. 6 goals and 14 points through the first 14 games of this season. Does he produce like this if Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha isn't a thing? I doubt it.

So, personally, while I'd be open to moving AA, I don't necessarily agree that he's playing himself out of the picture. If he only hits 20 goals this season, well, that still makes him one of our top scorers, and he wouldn't be getting "Two-time 30-goal scorer money" on his next deal. Even if we get a 1st for AA, it probably isn't a very early 1st, which means we're probably getting a player who's a few years away from the NHL and who likely isn't going to become a much better player than AA.

Just some food for thought.

Yeah, if we're trading Athanasiou, I think it needs to be for a high 1st (top 15 pick) on the draft floor, if there's a player we're really high on available, or a high end prospect. I'd personally prefer a prospect that is closer to NHL ready, and we've seen that extra year or two of development.

Dabura, you mentioned Tomasino plus a 2nd round pick. That's exactly the type of trade I'd be looking to make if we were to move Athanasiou, and I think he's worth that. Maybe even more if he continues playing the way he did last night, and gets his stock back up...

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

I'm not really feeling it either, tbh. But I wasn't feeling it for most of last season and we know how that turned out, so I'm not nearly ready to close the door on the possibility yet. He's still generating lots of chances for himself, he's just been massively "unlucky" so far.

Weren't you against trading Nyquist tho?

I mean, I agree with you that he doesn't appear to be as important as the top-line guys. Though, in saying that, I think it's fair to say the leaves-me-wanting-more thing is at least *partly* a team problem, as opposed it being purely a him problem.

Like, look at Bertuzzi. 21 goals and 47 points through 73 games last season. 6 goals and 14 points through the first 14 games of this season. Does he produce like this if Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha isn't a thing? I doubt it.

So, personally, while I'd be open to moving AA, I don't necessarily agree that he's playing himself out of the picture. If he only hits 20 goals this season, well, that still makes him one of our top scorers, and he wouldn't be getting "Two-time 30-goal scorer money" on his next deal. Even if we get a 1st for AA, it probably isn't a very early 1st, which means we're probably getting a player who's a few years away from the NHL and who likely isn't going to become a much better player than AA.

Just some food for thought.

Yes and No. I believe I was for bringing Nyquist back, if we traded him, thru free agency. If we were getting a Tatar type return, I was for trading him, just not for inconsequential draft picks, which is what was being put out there. In the end, I am good with the whole thing.

So yes, they are similar players in that regard, too. It is possible to want to trade one and not the other without being contradictory.

Like Nyquist, If we can't get significant value back, then I don't trade AA (like a team thinking they're getting a 30 goal scorer, but only offering a bottom 6 return). But if we can get a first or better, I do it.

Nyquist was different tho in the sense that he didnt infuriate me. His game was much more consistent and well rounded than AA's. I just dont think AA's formula for offense is reliable long term. The analogy I would use is Nyquist=Blackjack, AA=Keno

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes and No. I believe I was for bringing Nyquist back, if we traded him, thru free agency. If we were getting a Tatar type return, I was for trading him, just not for inconsequential draft picks, which is what was being put out there. In the end, I am good with the whole thing.

So yes, they are similar players in that regard, too. It is possible to want to trade one and not the other without being contradictory.

Like Nyquist, If we can't get significant value back, then I don't trade AA (like a team thinking they're getting a 30 goal scorer, but only offering a bottom 6 return). But if we can get a first or better, I do it.

Nyquist was different tho in the sense that he didnt infuriate me. His game was much more consistent and well rounded than AA's. I just dont think AA's formula for offense is reliable long term. The analogy I would use is Nyquist=Blackjack, AA=Keno

if u love nyquist so much why don't u marry him