• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

General Rebuild Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

What did you watch games on then? Computer?

Yeah I watch all my hockey on the PC. I'm basically a hacker

3 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

There is definitely some quality content buried in there but who has the time?  The only tv I’ve watched lately is the Mandalorian.     

Same. I'm a sucker for star wars, even when it's bad.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I remember when u actually had to get up to change the channel.

This is just a boomer dick measuring contest now

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

Is it good?

Yes and no. Better than the crap movies they been making recently anyway. Cant wait for Rise of Skywalker to suck in a few days here

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

If I remember correctly - there's a 30 day free trial available.

Wonder if I should wait for a few more months - then binge watch the Mandalorian.

Its only $7 a month. You get access to everything Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel (minus Xmen). If you have kids, its worth it.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

If I remember correctly - there's a 30 day free trial available.

Wonder if I should wait for a few more months - then binge watch the Mandalorian.

Yeah do that. Honestly it's probably better binged too. My biggest frustration is the plot stagnation, but if you watch them all at once it probably eliminates a lot of that.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah I watch all my hockey on the PC. I'm basically a hacker

Same. I'm a sucker for star wars, even when it's bad.

This is just a boomer dick measuring contest now

Yes and no. Better than the crap movies they been making recently anyway. Cant wait for Rise of Skywalker to suck in a few days here

Not a boomer.

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Is it good?

It’s ok, I think the general consensus is that it’s good.  I can’t shake my devotion to Star Wars even when it’s less than optimal, though I’ve never even glimpsed the cartoons.  The Mandalorian is interesting enough in its aesthetic to be worth the time/money.   

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not a boomer.

Is anyone here actually a boomer?  I think the end of that cycle is the early sixties.  I’m 20 years shy of that myself.  

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah do that. Honestly it's probably better binged too. My biggest frustration is the plot stagnation, but if you watch them all at once it probably eliminates a lot of that.

I haven’t seen the fifth episode yet but the previous one halted the entire narrative momentum solely to provide a Kurosawa homage. 

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There are a few. I won't name names.

Oh yeah, not trying to out anyone’s age.  

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not a boomer.

It’s ok, I think the general consensus is that it’s good.  I can’t shake my devotion to Star Wars even when it’s less than optimal, though I’ve never even glimpsed the cartoons.  The Mandalorian is interesting enough in its aesthetic to be worth the time/money.   

Is anyone here actually a boomer?  I think the end of that cycle is the early sixties.  I’m 20 years shy of that myself.  

Not sure why 'boomer' is such a thing, and why millennials seem fixated on trashing them

They're the sons/daughters of WW2, and Korea vets...Also many of them served in Nam...Millennials could only hope to be as productive as their grandparents.

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not a boomer.

You are whatever I call you

1 minute ago, Mckinley25 said:

I haven’t seen the fifth episode yet but the previous one halted the entire narrative momentum solely to provide a Kurosawa homage.

If you like halted narratives you will love episode 5 as well

Oh yeah, not trying to out anyone’s age.  

I'm 17

Not sure why 'boomer' is such a thing, and why millennials seem fixated on trashing them

They're the sons/daughters of WW2, and Korea vets...Also many of them served in Nam...Millennials could only hope to be as productive as their grandparents.

Mostly cause it upsets boomers

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

There is only one more episode left

Really? Tomorrows? I swear if the plot doesn't advance at all...

Is there gonna be another season?

I'm not a millennial so I can only speculate but I think the "OK Bommer" thing is some sort of counter-attack against boomers who have this (above bolded) attitude towards them. They've taken alot of verbal abuse. Fair or not.  So they're kicking back. In a rather lame way tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There are a few. I won't name names.

U think there are 56+ year olds posting on here? 

I think the dumbest thing about the "OK Boomer" movement is how often it's used against Gen Xers. 

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

It started as a push back to the criticisms of the younger generations, (a position that can be traced back literally as far as recorded history, as well as it’s corollary response) but the millennial/boomer battle coincided with the rise in internet saturation and meme culture so it may appear to be novel.  

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

U think there are 56+ year olds posting on here? 

Yes.

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Anyone else think that a series based on the Gina Carrano character would be any good? I know I'd watch. 

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes.

Anyone else think that a series based on the Gina Carrano character would be any good? I know I'd watch. 

f*** NO

I'm completely serious in that response

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Based on popularity, yes.

Also, what plot?

Each episode is basically a video game fetch quest. 

EXACTLY. AND IT'S PISSING ME OFF. I NEED TO KNOW WHO THE f*** BABY YODA IS AND WHY THEY WANT TO KILL OR CAPTURE HIM SO BADLY? Is he yoda reborn? Completely separate? Give me more mando lore!

I honestly hate that they keep introducing new interesting characters in each episode and then just abandoning them completely. It all feels like a waste of time cash grab.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

f*** NO

I'm completely serious in that response

EXACTLY. AND IT'S PISSING ME OFF. I NEED TO KNOW WHO THE f*** BABY YODA IS AND WHY THEY WANT TO KILL OR CAPTURE HIM SO BADLY? Is he yoda reborn? Completely separate? Give me more mando lore!

I honestly hate that they keep introducing new interesting characters in each episode and then just abandoning them completely. It all feels like a waste of time cash grab.

Pure eye candy she is ( said in a Yoda voice) Rise to the occasion, the little Yoda does.

Also, Mando the Mandalorian. Really? Who came up with that?

And why didn't they at least try to make Nick Nolte's character look different than he does in real life?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Pure eye candy she is ( said in a Yoda voice) Rise to the occasion, the little Yoda does.

Also, Mando the Mandalorian. Really? Who came up with that?

Her character was just so forced and useless. Little butch for my tastes too.

Is that actually his real name? I thought it was like a nickname and we're doing a man with no name clint eastwood spaghetti western thing

So, if this season has taught us nothing else it's that our center depth is a back breaker.  I think the emergence of Hronek and solid showing by Seider, along with other quality pieces like DK, Cholo, and a reasonably good prospect pool puts our defensive depth ahead of our center depth.  We have so much untapped potential on the wings with Mantha, Bert, AA, Fabbri, Zadina, Hirose, Svech, and higher end prospects in Berggren and Mastrosimone, but nobody to get them the puck.  Down the middle we've got nobody with offensive punch.  Larkin is probably more suited to be a workhorse two-way center good for 60ish points than a top line guy you rely on for consistent offense.  And clearly Veleno and Rasmussen don't have that kind of upside at center.  Imperative that we find a guy like that. Then move the better of Veleno or Ras to 3C and the other to the wing. I actually really like the thought of Veleno as a Bertuzzi type winger who compliments a scorer. 

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

So, if this season has taught us nothing else it's that our center depth is a back breaker.  I think the emergence of Hronek and solid showing by Seider, along with other quality pieces like DK, Cholo, and a reasonably good prospect pool puts our defensive depth ahead of our center depth.  We have so much untapped potential on the wings with Mantha, Bert, AA, Fabbri, Zadina, Hirose, Svech, and higher end prospects in Berggren and Mastrosimone, but nobody to get them the puck.  Down the middle we've got nobody with offensive punch.  Larkin is probably more suited to be a workhorse two-way center good for 60ish points than a top line guy you rely on for consistent offense.  And clearly Veleno and Rasmussen don't have that kind of upside at center.  Imperative that we find a guy like that. Then move the better of Veleno or Ras to 3C and the other to the wing. I actually really like the thought of Veleno as a Bertuzzi type winger who compliments a scorer. 

I'm not sold that Veleno and Ras don't have that upside yet. I still think Larkin/Ras/Veleno could amount to a pretty good center group in a couple years.

D definitely looks a lot more shored up now with Hronek being legit and Seider looking like a lock to be a stud. Adding complimentary pieces around them is probs suitable.

I still think we gotta go BPA. If Lafren is available I take him, don't care that he's a winger. Too much talent to pass on.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm not sold that Veleno and Ras don't have that upside yet. I still think Larkin/Ras/Veleno could amount to a pretty good center group in a couple years.

D definitely looks a lot more shored up now with Hronek being legit and Seider looking like a lock to be a stud. Adding complimentary pieces around them is probs suitable.

I still think we gotta go BPA. If Lafren is available I take him, don't care that he's a winger. Too much talent to pass on.

I'm not sure Lafeniere IS the BPA.  Basically he and Byfield are a toss up and we clearly don't need wingers. But given how hard it is to land either of the top spots it's useless to plan for those guys.  And because of that, drafting for position becomes more relevant because (as is typically the case) the next handful of guys are usually all roughly as good as one another. 

Secondly, I definitely don't think Larkin, Veleno, Ras is good enough offensively.  Of the three, Larkin probably has the most offensive upside and he's a LONG way from being a consistent offensive threat.  And I think his real value is as a Zetterberg type guy that you can throw out against elite players and drive them absolutely nuts, rather than a Dats that's going to drive your offense each night (obviously role comparisons, not skill comparisons).