• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

General Rebuild Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Na , wont lose any sleep over these moves cause i never thought any of them  had a longterm future in detroit

the only one that bugs me is the regula deal .... i think outside of the blues doing fabbri (i still dont see him being here in 3-4 yrs ) a favour and trading him yzerman’s moves have been nothing to write home about , he’s my fav player of all time but i won’t say i agree with everything he’s done so far because of it

You also never thought anything of the Fabbri trade. Yzerman has made a bunch of low risk / high reward trades, and so far one has panned out, and that's more than you can realistically hope for. You said the same bulls*** with Holland too. "The trade fell in his lap", blah, blah, blah... Yzerman made a phenomenal trade, and all the others he's made, he's lost nothing of value. I hope he keeps making these trade for the rest of this season.

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Great is a bit of a stretch , i’d have kept him over howard cause he’s aging and everyone knows i’ve never been a fan but at this point nobodys going to trade for bernier/howard 

comrie/saarijarvi to will both be in ambri piotta in the swiss league in 2-3 yrs  so again nothing to really complain about ... we’ll have to make a move in the off season and target someone like georgiev with upside , my friends a rangers fan and he wont shut up abot sheshtyorkin and how hes breaking khl records so he should be available

Well we all know i wasn’t a fan of the perlini deal from day 1 and now seeing regula on u.s’s 1st ppl unit i really don’t like it ,i know he wasnt projected to be a number 1 pair guy but we never know if tuomisto or other kids will pan out so i’d have kept him but it is what it is at this point, maybe perlini can join ambri piotta with comrie/saarijjarvi and reminisce about the good old days

Fabbri is also going to end up in the Swiss league right?
Fabbri >>>>> de la Rose, Pope, Saarijarvi, Kaski, Regula AND a 4th round pick...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You also never thought anything of the Fabbri trade. Yzerman has made a bunch of low risk / high reward trades, and so far one has panned out, and that's more than you can realistically hope for. You said the same bulls*** with Holland too. "The trade fell in his lap", blah, blah, blah... Yzerman made a phenomenal trade, and all the others he's made, he's lost nothing of value. I hope he keeps making these trade for the rest of this season.

Fabbri is also going to end up in the Swiss league right?
Fabbri >>>>> de la Rose, Pope, Saarijarvi, Kaski, Regula AND a 4th round pick...

I still don’t think he’s got a longterm future here but if you all wanna jerk eachother off cause he’s popping goals off guys legs and in and think it’ll continue for 5-10 yrs here go ahead 

im not sold ln him yet .... well i hope he trades puempel for another comrie and makes your weekend 

that all depends on his health , he might have to go to austria 

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I still don’t think he’s got a longterm future here but if you all wanna jerk eachother off cause he’s popping goals off guys legs and in and think it’ll continue for 5-10 yrs here go ahead 

im not sold ln him yet .... well i hope he trades puempel for another comrie and makes your weekend 

that all depends on his health , he might have to go to austria 

You've had some dumb posts here man, but this one is definitely up there...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

He's gone quiet on twitter about Fabbri

I'm sure it's because he already knows Fabbri will be in Austria next season is all

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

BRUH HE DELETED ALL HIS OLD TWEETS THAT WERE POOPING ON FABBRI

hahaha

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Because the mighty krsmith17 says lmao ... like i give two s***s whether or not you agree with me ... coming from the one who wont shut up about perlini since day 1 but has 0 goal to this day lmao

Coming from the guy who thought (apparently still thinks because he's too proud to admit he's wrong...) that Fabbri was a bust and would be playing over seas by now, even after seeing him (or at least the stat sheet, because we know you don't watch...) put up 15 points in 19 games...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Coming from the guy who thought (apparently still thinks because he's too proud to admit he's wrong...) that Fabbri was a bust and would be playing over seas by now, even after seeing him (or at least the stat sheet, because we know you don't watch...) put up 15 points in 19 games...

The austria bit was called sarcasm btw but yes im still not sold on him and i wont get excited and  start jerking like you guys cause he’s popping off 2 goal nights with shots off 2 legs and in the net .

Everything is going his way right now and good for him but i still dont see him here in 2-3 Years ... everyone was excited over AA last year wtf is he doing now ? We add lafreniere/byfield + veleno,rasmussen etc and his numbers will drop and he won’t look like this great player everyone thinks he is 

i can tell you by your stat sheet perlini has 0 goals and you can keep telling me im too proud to admit im wrong yet your the one who’s here all the time making excuses for perlini’s failures ... he’s a bust , get over it

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

The austria bit was called sarcasm btw but yes im still not sold on him and i wont get excited and  start jerking like you guys cause he’s popping off 2 goal nights with shots off 2 legs and in the net .

Everything is going his way right now and good for him but i still dont see him here in 2-3 Years ... everyone was excited over AA last year wtf is he doing now ? We add lafreniere/byfield + veleno,rasmussen etc and his numbers will drop and he won’t look like this great player everyone thinks he is 

i can tell you by your stat sheet perlini has 0 goals and you can keep telling me im too proud to admit im wrong yet your the one who’s here all the time making excuses for perlini’s failures ... he’s a bust , get over it

If you think everything is going Fabbri's way I know for a fact that you haven't been watching the games. Guy works his ass off every single shift, makes plays, picks up points and has a bit of a feisty side. So our team is going to get much better by adding better players and Fabbri's point totals are going to go down? Yeah, okay...

Perlini hasn't been given a fair shake yet. Until he does, I'm going to assume that every other year was not a fluke. If he does get a legit shot, with high skill players, and still doesn't produce, I'll gladly admit I was wrong. That hasn't happened yet, and unfortunately, it probably won't in Detroit.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If you think everything is going Fabbri's way I know for a fact that you haven't been watching the games. Guy works his ass off every single shift, makes plays, picks up points and has a bit of a feisty side. So our team is going to get much better by adding better players and Fabbri's point totals are going to go down? Yeah, okay...

Perlini hasn't been given a fair shake yet. Until he does, I'm going to assume that every other year was not a fluke. If he does get a legit shot, with high skill players, and still doesn't produce, I'll gladly admit I was wrong. That hasn't happened yet, and unfortunately, it probably won't in Detroit.

DUDE , if you dont think by adding veleno,zadina,top pick id we’re lucky , rasmussen etc... will very much likely result in fabbri being in the 3rd line in 1-2 years i dont know what to tell you .... you think hes this top 6 50-65 pt guy cause he’s on a nice run then god bless you

Perlini is already on his 3rd team in 2 years ... i’d say there’s a reason for that .... whats every other year ? 10 goals ... he couldnt even crack the hawks and he’s barely hanging on to the worst team in the league ... he’s definetly going to the swiss league unless he’s lactose intolerant and decides russia is his best course of action

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

DUDE , if you dont think by adding veleno,zadina,top pick id we’re lucky , rasmussen etc... will very much likely result in fabbri being in the 3rd line in 1-2 years i dont know what to tell you .... you think hes this top 6 50-65 pt guy cause he’s on a nice run then god bless you

Perlini is already on his 3rd team in 2 years ... i’d say there’s a reason for that .... whats every other year ? 10 goals ... he couldnt even crack the hawks and he’s barely hanging on to the worst team in the league ... he’s definetly going to the swiss league unless he’s lactose intolerant and decides russia is his best course of action

Fabbri on a good stretch = proves nothing
Perlini on a bad stretch = proves everything

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Playing with better players makes you better, not worse. It's a very simple concept... If Fabbri is our 3rd line winger, and other teams have to match up against what we hope (you assume) will be two monster top six lines, he will easily be a 45-55 point middle six winger. Also, I wouldn't assume that any of the guys you mention are necessarily going to push Fabbri out of the top six.

Perlini has been a 30ish point (pace) producer every year he's been in the league. He's currently on an 8 point pace, playing on by far THE worst line in the entire league. I've never said Perlini is this top line sniper or anything. I think he has the (proven) potential to be a very solid middle six winger that can put up 30+ points in the right situation. Those players are valuable. Especially one's that can skate with his size.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Fabbri on a good stretch = proves nothing
Perlini on a bad stretch = proves everything

Sounds about right... nitf logic...

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Playing with better players makes you better, not worse. It's a very simple concept... If Fabbri is our 3rd line winger, and other teams have to match up against what we hope (you assume) will be two monster top six lines, he will easily be a 45-55 point middle six winger. Also, I wouldn't assume that any of the guys you mention are necessarily going to push Fabbri out of the top six.

Perlini has been a 30ish point (pace) producer every year he's been in the league. He's currently on an 8 point pace, playing on by far THE worst line in the entire league. I've never said Perlini is this top line sniper or anything. I think he has the (proven) potential to be a very solid middle six winger that can put up 30+ points in the right situation. Those players are valuable. Especially one's that can skate with his size.

Sounds about right... nitf logic...

We’ll see what happens in 12-24 months with fabbri/perlini

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Except Yzerman doesn't need another late round pick. He needed a backup goalie. Now he doesn't. No harm done. 

1. Yzerman does need picks. When does a rebuilding team NOT need picks? That's counterintuitive.

2. He could have promoted from within to fill the VERY short term need for a goalie.

3. I fail to see how a few games from a depth goalie benefits the team more than a draft pick.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Totes disagree.

Firstly, I certainly would NOT send out my 7th for Saarijarvi.

Secondly, you can trade chicken bones if you're willing to get back chicken bones. Comrie is chicken bones. Albeit, chicken bones that were momentarily useful for us.

Everyone and their mother seemed to know Winnipeg was claiming Comrie back if he went to waivers. And if Yzerman was willing to do shop with Chayka on it, he knew too. Yzerman gave up Comrie for free, showing how little Comrie vectored into his long term plans and how little he cares for the opinions of an overly critical fanbase. Chayka on the other end got to look smart in front of his fanbase by trading chicken bones for chicken bones instead of giving away his chicken bones.  

Like I said, everything has value. You can buy bags of s*** at Home Improvement stores. Even s*** has value. Comrie had low value. Saary had little value. You can trade things of little value for other things of little value.

AHL caliber dmen are traded all the time, for similar value (late round picks, other depth players, etc). He could have been thrown in in another trade.

Even Saarajarvi was worth more than a few days from a depth goalie. I never argued that he had significant value. He doesnt. I just dont like trading away anything with value for less than I get back. A dollars worth of manure is still worth more than 75 cents worth of dirt. And IMO, that's what happened here. I just dont think the return was worth the price.

I supported the Perlini and Fabbri trades. And I supported this one until I realized that we were probably going to lose Comrie on waivers anyway.

9 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. Yzerman does need picks. When does a rebuilding team NOT need picks? That's counterintuitive.

2. He could have promoted from within to fill the VERY short term need for a goalie.

3. I fail to see how a few games from a depth goalie benefits the team more than a draft pick.

1. No ones giving up picks for failed prospects who can hardly hold a job in the AHL

2. He signed Pickard to be an AHL goalie. Pickard has no future in the NHL. And Larsson is entirely not ready for even the AHL. At least with Comrie he gave someone who coulda been good a shot. Didn't work out. Plus he owed us our monthly trade, and I GET my monthly trades...

3. Wasn't gonna get a pick for Saarijarvi. Yzerman is experimenting and throwing s*** at the walls.

Again, I always find it fascinating that the small transactions sometimes garner the highest scrutiny. At the end of the day Saari does not matter. Comrie does not matter. Who cares.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Like I said, everything has value. You can buy bags of s*** at Home Improvement stores. Even s*** has value. Comrie had low value. Saary had little value. You can trade things of little value for other things of little value.

Ur repeating what I said back to me

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

AHL caliber dmen are traded all the time, for similar value (late round picks, other depth players, etc). He could have been thrown in in another trade.

No one wants Saarijarvi. Chayka didn't want Saarijarvi. He jumped at the opportunity to get anything for Comrie.

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Even Saarajarvi was worth more than a few days from a depth goalie. I never argued that he had significant value. He doesnt. I just dont like trading away anything with value for less than I get back. A dollars worth of manure is still worth more than 75 cents worth of dirt. And IMO, that's what happened here. I just dont think the return was worth the price.

Again, Saarijarvi probably won't be in even in the AHL next year unless he signs an AHL exclusive contract.

I remember when Yzerman chose not to re-sign Axel Holmstrom. Now THOSE were harrowing times.

Yzerman was seemingly content just to let a young asset go for NOTHING, nada, zilch.

I couldn't believe it. Still can't believe it. Why didn't he get a late pick for him??? That was far from proper asset management.

Now HV71 has a 23 year old Holmstrom they were able to get for FREE.

Get a brain Yzerman, ya moran

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

5b1e324a038487741704d12cb89353b3.jpg

"Heh heh look at all these Saarijarvi's and Comrie's I've got. To think people would leave perfectly good Saarijarvi's and Comrie's lying around in dumpsters. Heh heh FOOLS! Fools I tell ya."

Hey guess why this guy is collecting recyclables? To be a good citizen?

Didnt you say in another thread u hate losing assets for nothing referring to this very trade?

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I remember when Yzerman chose not to re-sign Axel Holmstrom. Now THOSE were harrowing times.

Yzerman was seemingly content just to let a young asset go for NOTHING, nada, zilch.

I couldn't believe it. Still can't believe it. Why didn't he get a late pick for him??? That was far from proper asset management.

Now HV71 has a 23 year old Holmstrom they were able to get for FREE.

Get a brain Yzerman, ya moran

Yep. This was indeed an idiotic move. 

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hey guess why this guy is collecting recyclables? To be a good citizen?

Didnt you say in another thread u hate losing assets for nothing referring to this very trade?

Yep. This was indeed an idiotic move. 

Sure, I don't enjoy losing players on waivers for nothing. I'm not pro-losing Comrie, just apathetic about it. If Yzerman doesn't need him, then neither do I. And the whole Saarijarvi/Comrie is a failed trade in that sense.

In general it is refreshing to have a manager that is much more critical of his roster, and is willing to cast off the un-needed without blinking.

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Don’t read them , it’s quite simple 

Hands down always my favorite paradoxical response

How are we supposed to know you're posting cancer if we don't read it first?

Not to mention: Posts on discussion board for others to read. Asks others not to read it...

Big brain. Big think.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

On 12/18/2019 at 4:49 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Filip Larsson was just moved to IR for the Toledo Walleye

Besides the disappointing news that he's injured just 10 games into his first season, he also hasn't been very good.

7 games stint in GR: 0.843 sv% and 4.01 GAA
***Demoted to ECHL***
3 game stint in TOL: 0.886 sv% and 3.04 GAA

Not exactly a good sign.

With the acquisition of Pickard and Comrie for this season and another after, it signals to me that Yzerman isn't bringing on any of our goalie prospects anytime soon.

Goalie depth:

Howard: Expiring
Bernier: 1 more season
Comrie: 1 more season
Pickard: 1 more season
Larsson: 2 more seasons
Fulcher: 2 more seasons

Own rights:

Keith Petruzzelli, almost 21, ECAC, playing well
Jesper Eliasson, almost 20, Allsvenskan, playing average
Victor Brattstrom, almost 23, Alllsvenskan, playing well
Carter Gylander, 18, AJHL, playing well (Yzer-pick)

I'm not particularly excited for any of those roster goalies or any of those un-signed players at this point.

The only goalie rotating out is Howard, so it makes sense for us to find a replacement Starter. Running Bernier/Comrie/Pickard next year probably massively shoots this team in the foot.

Our best options so far at UFA:

Robin Lehner ------ will be 29 -- 0.924 sv% -- 2.89 GAA -- $5 mil AAV (probs getting re-signed)
Jacob Markstrom -- will be 30 -- 0.915 sv% -- 2.68 GAA -- $3.6 mil AAV (probs getting re-signed)
Thomas Greiss ---- will be 34 -- 0.924 sv% -- 2.39 GAA -- $3.3 mill AAV (probs available)
Jaroslav Halak ----- will be 35 -- 0.928 sv% -- 2.26 GAA -- $2.7 mil AAV (probs available)
Anton Khudobin --- will be 34 -- 0.927 sv% -- 2.28 GAA -- $2.5 mill AAV (probs available)
Pavel Francouz ---- will be 30 -- 0.932 sv% -- 2.26 GAA -- $0.9 mill AAV (probs getting re-signed)
Brayden Holtby ---- will be 31 -- 0.909 sv% -- 2.82 GAA -- $6.1 mill AAV (probs available)

After these players we may as well re-sign Howard. Maybe we get a younger version of old Howard...

Plenty of other teams will be looking for backups for their young starters, so it's not even certain we will get an honest shot at signing a stop gap like Greiss, Halak, or Khudobin... unless they're willing to take money to suck. And I'm not entirely certain Yzerman even wants to throw money at a 34 year old stop gap. If we actually get an honest shot at Lehner, Markstrom, Francouz, or Holtby we will probably have to throw term at them. With those goalies none is probably going to be our savior, but they should be serviceable for the next 3-5 years. Meaning we have to have one of our 4 unsigned goalies work out, or we need to find a goalie in the next 2-3 drafts... For reference, our good friend Holland was unable to find a goalie in the draft from 2011 to 2015, and no goalies drafted from 2015 to 2018 have worked out yet. That's no success in 5-8 drafts.

So basically what I'm saying is... our outlook in net is about as bleak as it possibly can be, and this is a pitch for Yaroslav Askarov. He's likely going to be the highest drafted goalie since Marc-Andre Fleury in 2003, and would immediately shore up the entire position with one pick. Yzerman can sign his stop gap, and then we can reasonably expect to see Askarov moving on to the roster in 1-3 seasons... That's a nice timeline considering our situation.

In all likelihood we will be drafting at the #4 spot (50.6% chance). Askarov is probably going somewhere top10. I don't think it's an unreasonable pick at #4 if Yzerman likes him.

Suddenly our depth would look something like this:

UFA Starter -- NHL
Bernier ------- NHL
Askarov ------ NHL / AHL
Comrie ------- NHL / AHL
Pickard ------- AHL
Larsson ------ AHL / ECHL
Fulcher ------- ECHL

That outlook appears much nicer for the future than random UFA starter + more B/C grade goalie prospects. That's an uncertain future with us being at best average in net for the next 3+ years at minimum.

Search your feeling... you know it is true... we must draft the 2nd coming of Tretiak

Adding to my post here where I listed Francouz

Look at this:

Avs are stuck with Grubauer for another year, so maybe they're content to trade or let Francouz go in UFA instead of re-signing him for a lot more money?

Francouz is a 29 year old who the Avs pulled out of the KHL. Been playing very well.

Maybe: Howard 50% salary retained + something for Francouz?