• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

General Rebuild Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

I agree that the Comrie trade looks kinda dumb now. But I figure the market for Saarijarvi was otherwise nonexistent and Yzerman felt it was addition by subtraction (i.e. freeing up Saarijarvi's spot and minutes, chipping away at the logjam). Also, we have a bunch of players who should be able to fetch us mid-to-late-draft picks around trade deadline time.

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

I agree that the Comrie trade looks kinda dumb now. But I figure the market for Saarijarvi was otherwise nonexistent and Yzerman felt it was addition by subtraction (i.e. freeing up Saarijarvi's spot and minutes, chipping away at the logjam). Also, we have a bunch of players who should be able to fetch us mid-to-late-draft picks around trade deadline time.

If this was "least amount of trades in 500 years" "Wait n see" "Closed system" Holland and the team was better I would be a lot more ticked by the uselessness of this trade. But it's wheel n deal Yzerman with a crap team. I applaud his willingness to try things and not sit on his hands.

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If this was "least amount of trades in 500 years" "Wait n see" "Closed system" Holland and the team was better I would be a lot more ticked by the uselessness of this trade. But it's wheel n deal Yzerman with a crap team. I applaud his willingness to try things and not sit on his hands.

I think maybe we've missed the forrest for the trees here...

If Comrie had such bad rebound control that after 2 games we were indifferent enough to let him get claimed...

1.  Are our pro scouts so inept they missed this?

2.  Did our pro scouts see this deficiency and Yzerman doesn't trust their assessment?

I think this might be the real story line here...

3 hours ago, mackel said:

I think maybe we've missed the forrest for the trees here...

If Comrie had such bad rebound control that after 2 games we were indifferent enough to let him get claimed...

1.  Are our pro scouts so inept they missed this?

2.  Did our pro scouts see this deficiency and Yzerman doesn't trust their assessment?

I think this might be the real story line here...

Fair questions, I suppose. Personally, I think the explanation is probably that Yzerman simply wants to kick the goalie can once or twice or thrice or however many times it takes. He's hoping to find some no-name guy who can give him a reason to trade Bernier to the Devils for a 7th round pick. IMO. The goalie sitch has degraded to the point where finding That Guy (and/or a good stopgap UFA, e.g. Markstrom) is now a top priority, Saarijarvis be damned.

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Anyone knows of he has played center since coming over to NA?

Not sure but he's worth taking a flier on... 7th overall in 2017... its's doubtful he'll live up to his draft position but he may be a nice top 9 piece 2 years from now... 

7 hours ago, mackel said:

Not sure but he's worth taking a flier on... 7th overall in 2017... its's doubtful he'll live up to his draft position but he may be a nice top 9 piece 2 years from now... 

Apperantly the Wings were pretty high on him before the draft. 

My interest is considerably higher if he plays center or projects to be a center in the future. He would slot in real well as a 2b-3a center prospect. 

Zadina looking like a NHL player now. See if he can take another step.

I still like Markstrom a lot, but I don't think we will get him. 

We need so many prospects to take a big step, even if we land 1st over all. One player not nearly enough. Going be a long ride into the night before we see day light.

21 hours ago, mackel said:

Could Lias Andersson be our post trade freeze target?

I was just looking at the fact that he is suspended without pay. Wonder what is going on...

anyhow, lets say you're trading AA and are interested in Andersson, what else would we have to add?

AA plus what? to NYR for Andersson

55 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I was just looking at the fact that he is suspended without pay. Wonder what is going on...

anyhow, lets say you're trading AA and are interested in Andersson, what else would we have to add?

AA plus what? to NYR for Andersson

I think AA and a late 2nd rounder would get you Andersson and Georgiev.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

would that be a good deal for us? Would those two help us along the rebuild, or are they just more prospects?

I think Andersson is a flier... that goes really well or really badly.  (See Zadina)  I think Georgiev at a minimum will be a 1B starter and matches our core age.  Note I'd not use our own second rounder... but the Washington 2nd we got for Jensen.

29 minutes ago, mackel said:

Drafted one year later, 1 spot earlier and on a similar trajectory.  But let's chalk this up to agreeing to disagree.

Or you know we could use stats and facts:

Andersson: 17 GP 0G 1A -8

Zadina: 13 GP 3G 5A -3

One guys wants to take his ball and go home, the other is working his sack off.

Looks like different trajectories to me. 

You did get one thing right though. Zadina IS a year younger. Let me know when you'd like to stop doing this. 

4 hours ago, mackel said:

I think Andersson is a flier... that goes really well or really badly.  (See Zadina)  I think Georgiev at a minimum will be a 1B starter and matches our core age.  Note I'd not use our own second rounder... but the Washington 2nd we got for Jensen.

Drafted one year later, 1 spot earlier and on a similar trajectory.  But let's chalk this up to agreeing to disagree.

What?

I get you're desperate to throw shade Zadina's way at every turn possible and in general I don't feel inclined to say anything because, like, that's just your opinion man. This one was pretty ******* stupid though. 

Also no thanks on Andersson. Demanding a trade and then not showing up to work doesn't scream "future success" to me, particularly if you're doing it while struggling to find your game. 

6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Or you know we could use stats and facts:

Andersson: 17 GP 0G 1A -8

Zadina: 13 GP 3G 5A -3

One guys wants to take his ball and go home, the other is working his sack off.

Looks like different trajectories to me. 

You did get one thing right though. Zadina IS a year younger. Let me know when you'd like to stop doing this. 

Doing what?  Putting up with your ass hat behavior?

3 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

What?

I get you're desperate to throw shade Zadina's way at every turn possible and in general I don't feel inclined to say anything because, like, that's just your opinion man. This one was pretty ******* stupid though. 

Also no thanks on Andersson. Demanding a trade and then not showing up to work doesn't scream "future success" to me, particularly if you're doing it while struggling to find your game. 

Both assessments are spot on.  If we'd drafted Zadina in the 2nd/3rd round then great... as it stands he's not lived up to his draft billing or draft position.  If people can't accept that too bad but stop pissing in my corn flakes...

I wont speak for mackel, but the issue for me is not that Zadina is useless. Its that we have a player whos expected to be a major piece, but i realistically view as another Tatar. I dont want to fall into the fil/huds nyq/tats trap a third time. It only prelongs this mess were in when we still have a mediocre zadina team 5 years from now.

Both assessments are spot on.  If we'd drafted Zadina in the 2nd/3rd round then great... as it stands he's not lived up to his draft billing or draft position.  If people can't accept that too bad but stop pissing in my corn flakes...

You say Zadina is a bust. Exaggerated pessimism.

He was touted as a top line scoring winger when he was drafted. Some fans still believe he has high end potentially. Overly optimistic.

Can you except that he realistically falls somewhere in between?

9 hours ago, mackel said:

2nd or 3rd round? You're either trolling hard, have never seen the kid play, or dumb as bricks... or a combination of all three...

Hasn't lived up to his draft billing? You really are clueless as to what to expect from a 6th overall pick...

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You say Zadina is a bust. Exaggerated pessimism.

He was touted as a top line scoring winger when he was drafted. Some fans still believe he has high end potentially. Overly optimistic.

Can you except that he realistically falls somewhere in between?

I wouldn't even say that is being overly optimistic though... He absolutely has high end potential. Very few fans realistically thought he was going to be an elite scoring winger. I've always said and still believe he could get there, but realistically he'll end up being a very good top six winger. That's about what you can expect from a 6th overall pick.

If Zadina ends up being a Tatar, I'd be a little disappointed. But in no way is that a "bust" pick. Like I've always said though, Tatar is Zadina's floor. His ceiling is still MUCH higher than that in my opinion.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

2nd or 3rd round? You're either trolling hard, have never seen the kid play, or dumb as bricks... or a combination of all three...

Hasn't lived up to his draft billing? You really are clueless as to what to expect from a 6th overall pick...

I wouldn't even say that is being overly optimistic though... He absolutely has high end potential. Very few fans realistically thought he was going to be an elite scoring winger. I've always said and still believe he could get there, but realistically he'll end up being a very good top six winger. That's about what you can expect from a 6th overall pick.

If Zadina ends up being a Tatar, I'd be a little disappointed. But in no way is that a "bust" pick. Like I've always said though, Tatar is Zadina's floor. His ceiling is still MUCH higher than that in my opinion.

Those statements pretty much torch your credibility.   If the much hyped potential 3rd over all pick we were soooooo fortunate to have slip to us ends up as productive Tatar who was drafted in THE SECOND ROUND... he's not a bust???  Yet I'm a monster among men for suggesting I'd not be as critical of Zadina had he been a 2nd round pick?

He's had one stretch of good play, not great, not fantastic but good... calm yourself.

How the f*** can anyone say zadina is a bust ? Lmao the kid just literally turned 20 , mantha just turned 25 and people were finally talking 30-40 goal potential star before all the stupid injuries and some people are sucking eachother off cause fabbri who’s gonna be 24 has 16 pts but zadina sucks cause he was 6th overall and hasn’t torched the league?

Last i checked before the last few games hes been on the 3rd line playing with 4th line talentless hacks every night and now that he’s got better linemates he’s playing much better and when veleno,etc... come he’s got all the tools to be a 30+ goal guy

I’d obviously have brady tkachuk over zadina but he’s got 24pts in 38 games playing on the top line and zadina is on the same pace as of now being a bottom guy, anyways its really way too soon for anyone to give up on zadina being a top line guy let alone calling him a bust