• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

General Rebuild Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

58 minutes ago, mackel said:

Those statements pretty much torch your credibility.   If the much hyped potential 3rd over all pick we were soooooo fortunate to have slip to us ends up as productive Tatar who was drafted in THE SECOND ROUND... he's not a bust???  Yet I'm a monster among men for suggesting I'd not be as critical of Zadina had he been a 2nd round pick?

He's had one stretch of good play, not great, not fantastic but good... calm yourself.

Give up with the "3rd overall" bulls***. He was drafted 6th overall. I don't give a s*** where he was "projected" to go...

Tatar was drafted in the 2nd round. But you know how many actual busts come from the 2nd round and even earlier? The only player drafted in the 2nd round that year that is indisputably better than Tatar is Ryan O'Reilly. Tatar is easily a 1st round talent in a re-draft.

Tatar is Zadina's floor. If you told me leading up to that draft that we were guaranteed to get at least a 50-60 point winger, I'd be thrilled. As most people would. To you, that's a bust though... :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Give up with the "3rd overall" bulls***. He was drafted 6th overall. I don't give a s*** where he was "projected" to go...

Tatar was drafted in the 2nd round. But you know how many actual busts come from the 2nd round and even earlier? The only player drafted in the 2nd round that year that is indisputably better than Tatar is Ryan O'Reilly. Tatar is easily a 1st round talent in a re-draft.

Tatar is Zadina's floor. If you told me leading up to that draft that we were guaranteed to get at least a 50-60 point winger, I'd be thrilled. As most people would. To you, that's a bust though... :rolleyes:

You've got a low bar, maybe if we get the 1st pick we should look for another average NHL top 9 winger... no wonder you're so happy with 'Busty Cold Zadina'

34 minutes ago, mackel said:

You've got a low bar, maybe if we get the 1st pick we should look for another average NHL top 9 winger... no wonder you're so happy with 'Busty Cold Zadina'

No, your bar is set too high, and you're also way too low on Zadina, based on what he's shown so far. He's not an "average NHL top 9 winger". You're literally the only person that believes that. You ever think that maybe your assessment is off? Not the other million people that have watched him play, and see top 6 winger (at worst)...

On 12/23/2019 at 9:21 PM, mackel said:

Doing what?  Putting up with your ass hat behavior?

Both assessments are spot on.  If we'd drafted Zadina in the 2nd/3rd round then great... as it stands he's not lived up to his draft billing or draft position.  If people can't accept that too bad but stop pissing in my corn flakes...

On 12/24/2019 at 12:55 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I wont speak for mackel, but the issue for me is not that Zadina is useless. Its that we have a player whos expected to be a major piece, but i realistically view as another Tatar. I dont want to fall into the fil/huds nyq/tats trap a third time. It only prelongs this mess were in when we still have a mediocre zadina team 5 years from now.

I very much understand everyone's thoughts regarding Zadina and have zero interest in arguing his draft position and the supposed expectation that we place on it. I was very simply stating that saying he's trending the same as Lias Andersson is empirically wrong, and pretty ******* stupid lol, them's just the facts. If mackel doesn't want people s***ting on his posts he should choose his arguments more carefully rather than shoehorn in random, unprompted snide remarks as often as he does. It kills the credibility, and looks desperate. 

To clarify I actually like a lot of mackel's posts when he's not obsessing over Zadina and being intentionally abrasive just for the sake of it. I don't think he's actually stupid, but rather just a gigantic turd. 

3 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I very much understand everyone's thoughts regarding Zadina and have zero interest in arguing his draft position and the supposed expectation that we place on it. I was very simply stating that saying he's trending the same as Lias Andersson is empirically wrong, and pretty ******* stupid lol, them's just the facts. If mackel doesn't want people s***ting on his posts he should choose his arguments more carefully rather than shoehorn in random, unprompted snide remarks as often as he does. It kills the credibility, and looks desperate. 

To clarify I actually like a lot of mackel's posts when he's not obsessing over Zadina and being intentionally abrasive just for the sake of it. I don't think he's actually stupid, but rather just a gigantic turd. 

Thanks, I think?

Sportsnet has a "5 predictions for 2020" article...  their prediction is we win the lotto and take Byfield over LaFrenchFry... for the exact reasons I've been putting out there.

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

If all were equal between the two, sure thing. But nobody in the right mind would pass up on Lafreniere. He is exactly the type of player the Wings are starved for.

For those watching, THAT is why we need Lafreniere

Lafreniere has barely left the ice, making things happen every shift. Byfield has seen limited minutes, and hasn't shown much so far.

Veleno has looked really good as well. Monster on the draws.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Lafreniere has barely left the ice, making things happen every shift. Byfield has seen limited minutes, and hasn't shown much so far.

Aaaaand he puts an end to the game.

But yes, Veleno has been great as well

Edited by marcaractac

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I cant wait for Yzerman to sell Zadina. I foresee him doing a Drouin/Sergachev style trade. A piece with value for a piece with value he likes. Maybe not this year, but soon. Zadina plays like the complete oppsite of how Seider plays

Zadina is offensive and Seider is defensive, so yeah.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

It's worth noting that, with rare exception it's an overagers tournament and LaFurniture is a year older that Byfield. 

I'd be happy with either but I think we're going to draft Byfield. 

26 minutes ago, mackel said:

It's worth noting that, with rare exception it's an overagers tournament and LaFurniture is a year older that Byfield. 

I'd be happy with either but I think we're going to draft Byfield. 

Lafreniere isn't an "overager" though. He's an undrafted (just turned) 18 year old...

The only reason to be "happy with either", is if they're equal. Lafreniere and Byfield are not equal. Age aside, looking at each player individually, one is elite (borderline generational), and the other is high, high end.

47 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Lafreniere isn't an "overager" though. He's an undrafted (just turned) 18 year old...

The only reason to be "happy with either", is if they're equal. Lafreniere and Byfield are not equal. Age aside, looking at each player individually, one is elite (borderline generational), and the other is high, high end.

Aren't most of your Zadina excuses based on him being young, adjusting, etc  

16 minutes ago, mackel said:

Aren't most of your Zadina excuses based on him being young, adjusting, etc  

Not even close to being the same...

Zadina is playing in the NHL, and you're claiming he's a bust. I say you can't declare a player a bust at the age of 18/19/20, especially when he's performing as well or better than his draft class peers.

I didn't say you shouldn't consider Lafreniere's and Byfield's age when comparing them (you absolutely should), I said "age aside", Lafreniere is and will be the better player. Same goes for position. You should always consider position, but never take a lesser player because he fills a position of need.

Media will try their damndest to hype up Byfield and say it's a close race for number one overall. In reality, it won't be close at all. I guarentee whichever team wins the draft lottery will take Lafreniere. 

51 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Not even close to being the same...

Zadina is playing in the NHL, and you're claiming he's a bust. I say you can't declare a player a bust at the age of 18/19/20, especially when he's performing as well or better than his draft class peers.

I didn't say you shouldn't consider Lafreniere's and Byfield's age when comparing them (you absolutely should), I said "age aside", Lafreniere is and will be the better player. Same goes for position. You should always consider position, but never take a lesser player because he fills a position of need.

Media will try their damndest to hype up Byfield and say it's a close race for number one overall. In reality, it won't be close at all. I guarentee whichever team wins the draft lottery will take Lafreniere. 

You're bound to be right because I don't for a minute think we'll win the draft lotto...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

What does us winning (or not winning) the draft lottery have to do with anything I said? 

Do you need a trail of bread crumbs?  I don't think we will select LaFurniture at #1, but I don't think we will have #1 and thus another team will have made him their #1 selection.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:07 PM, mackel said:

Thanks, I think?

Sportsnet has a "5 predictions for 2020" article...  their prediction is we win the lotto and take Byfield over LaFrenchFry... for the exact reasons I've been putting out there.

Honestly, It's very hard not to want Byfield. As Mickey would say the kid seems like a legit thoroughbred. 

I'm still on the Lafreniere train but tbh if we picked 2nd and had the choice taken away from us I wouldn't be mad. I have this fear we fall to 4th and take Askarov though, reaaaaaally dreading it. 

9 hours ago, mackel said:

Do you need a trail of bread crumbs?  I don't think we will select LaFurniture at #1, but I don't think we will have #1 and thus another team will have made him their #1 selection.

Ok, so you think there's an 18.5% chance you'll be wrong. Got it...

Any other team would be smart enough to draft the BPA. Yzerman isn't that smart though. He would take the 2nd BPA because he plays center...

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

I get the arguments for taking Byfield 1st overall, but I'm not feeling it at this point in time. Lafreniere is simply unreal.

Really? I've yet to hear a good one...

"He plays center"... "He's 10 months younger"... "He's a couple inches taller"... "He's not a soft Frenchie"... "He has better eyebrows"...

Lafreniere is far and away the best player in this draft class, the best in most draft classes, and whoever is lucky enough to win the draft lottery will be getting a far superior player.