• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

General Rebuild Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, mackel said:

The moment your adversary resorts to point out spelling errors you know you've won.

No, you're absolutely right. Dylan Larkin = Jordan Staal 2.0

Exact same player. Same size, same play style, same skill level, same production. I'm just happy we have our 3rd line winger locked up... He and Zadina, along with who? Mantha? will make a solid 3rd line in a few years. Just not sure if Zadina will be good enough to play 3rd line. He may end up in Europe in a few years...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

No, you're absolutely right. Dylan Larkin = Jordan Staal 2.0

Exact same player. Same size, same play style, same skill level, same production. I'm just happy we have our 3rd line winger locked up... He and Zadina, along with who? Mantha? will make a solid 3rd line in a few years. Just not sure if Zadina will be good enough to play 3rd line. He may end up in Europe in a few years...

Blah, blah, blah... just stop embarrassing yourself already.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL

The moment your adversary resorts to "blah, blah, blah", you know you've won...

I'll stop embarrassing you now...

Are you 12?  Stop using my material and get your own.

Comrie is back on waivers by the Jets, looks like the ball is in our court.

15 minutes ago, mackel said:

Are you 12?  Stop using my material and get your own.

Comrie is back on waivers by the Jets, looks like the ball is in our court.

Using your lame "material" against you... Cry more.

Good. We'll reclaim him, and send him directly to Grand Rapids.

On 12/27/2019 at 4:11 PM, mackel said:

I was not "going nuts for Larkin" last season... he's OUR 1C, but he ISN'T a 1C on a good team. He's a premier 2C nothing more...  Veleno and Ras have to convert potential to play... I like both as prospects but they aren't roster players let alone significant pieces as of now.

Your talking about elite teams , like the pens with crosby/malkin etc..... start looking at all the rosters in the nhl and id say he’d be #1 on about half , hes a premier 2C on an ELITE team but he is a #1c, if we had drafted mcdavid he’d be our #2c but it doesn’t mean he isn’t a 1C the guy is capable of being a pt a game player , he’s showed it already and i won’t him down this year when our team as a whole is complete s***

rasmussen will be a roster player next season and veleno will be a redwing next season or the year after, if we land lafreniere i can see easily see him being a redwing next season

Does anyone remember all those weird paper transactions with Zadina? Where Yzerman was sending him up and down, but not actually sending him back to GR?

Was just thinking about this and what it means for the Yzerplan. I think if these strange payroll transactions are an indicator of anything it's that Yzerman intends on maximizing and weaponizing his payroll budget and therefore cap space at the deadline.

Basically what @nyqvististhefuture has been advocating for for some time. We take on all the dead weight in the NHL in exchange for picks.

Some of the more obvious trades I think we can make:

Helm + Perlini for picks + prospects
Green + Bowey for picks + prospects

I think those are 4 players I can see Yzerman wanting to move on from at the TDL. I think he will be smart enough to hold on to AA and trade him at the draft, or this summer.

Some of the more creative trades (bare with me, they're just ideas):

Howard for Quick + picks.

Kings get to escape that contract while they still have Doughty and Kopitar around, giving them a chance to re-open their playoff window. Howard plays out the season for them and is then let go. Yzerman reunites Bernier and Quick and now Yzerman doesn't have to go goalie shopping in the offseason. Plus we get at least a first rounder I would think?

Ericsson for Alzner + picks

Montreal again get to escape that contract and revive their team. You guys get it. It's trading in exchange for term. The only trouble is it definitely helps extend the rebuild. But with Nielsen and Abby on the roster for another 3 years, why not just add players like Quick and Boychuck who have another 3 years too? Then we can use buyouts as needed as the team grows. Plus a compliance buyout is coming from Seattle soon.

IDK