• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/4 Shouting Fire in a Half-Empty Theater GDT - Predators @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

i know we are rebuilding and stevie said we needed to be patient but.... it might not be the coach's fault.... and still... i don't mind losing but at least the team should fight back, play with heart and soul. The more Blash spends time on the bench, the more anemic we look....

Can he somehow be fired?

Fun fact: Contrary to what some revisionist historians will tell you, Shanahan didn't turn the Leafs around in one season. He spent the first nine months on the job evaluating what he had. 2014-15 was a rough season and he stated publicly that he was basically going to nuke everything from orbit -- but also that fans were going to have to be patient. The Leafs got Marner @ 4th overall. Next season (Year 2 of the Shanahan era), the Leafs finished dead last, outsucking Edmonton by one point. They were rewarded with Matthews. The rest is history.

Take from that what you will.

Edited by Dabura

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Over the halfway point, 7 shots. I'm stuck watching the Nashville feed because of my region and blackouts, and they keep mispronouncing Wings names and the worse the score gets the more angry it's making me. :lol:

I don't think I've ever asked you...

Are Preds fans like literally the best fans, as they say?

2 minutes ago, Yzerman19 said:

i know we are rebuilding and stevie said we needed to be patient but.... it might not be the coach's fault.... and still... i don't mind losing but at least the team should fight back, play with heart and soul. The more Blash spends time on the bench, the more anemic we look....

Can he somehow be fired?

This is why you sign fighters

**eyes McIlrath vigorously**

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think I've ever asked you...

Are Preds fans like literally the best fans, as they say?

I'm not going to say yes, but in my experience, i've been to 4 Wings games in Nashville during the regular season, and i've seen the Wings play in about a dozen opposing team's arenas, and Nashville was by far the loudest, how loud the fans cheer and just everything overall. The little chants and sayings for everything gets old fast though.

I've also never been so much as heckled or yelled at at any Preds game, the fans are usually friendly and inquisitive. A couple games, a guy I work with has season tickets, so I sat right in the middle of all the season ticket holders and they were also friendly. I can really only speak for the places i've been, Philly was easily the worst. 

AA straddling the line and the line is 2 feet behind his back skate :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Fun fact: Contrary to revionist historians, Shanahan didn't turn the Leafs around in one season. He spent the first nine months on the job evaluating what he had. 2014-15 was a rough season and he stated publicly that he was basically going to nuke everything from orbit -- but also that fans were going to have to be patient. The Leafs got Marner @ 4th overall. Next season (Year 2 of the Shanahan era), the Leafs finished dead last, outsucking Edmonton by one point. They were rewarded with Matthews. The rest is history.

Take from that what you will.

i know that. But still it depends from the lottery, and the prospects. And on the bench the leafs have Babcock.... The situations are way different. Babcock was asked to come in to face a challenge. Here we called up Blashill to fill in... sure he took a team that was already declining, but still, he never imo got the best of our players. For the past 25 years, we've never that bad in D since Blash came in. Rebuilding is a thing, i get it..... but aside of that..... we've never been nowhere to be good in any segment of the game..... PP and PK have gone from terrible to even worse....