• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Truculence and the Red Wings

Rate this topic

We need it.

This team is not going to be a "powerplay is our enforcer" level team for at the very least a few seasons if not more.

We absolutely need to supplement the current team with enforcers/grinders who can protect developing talent.

Under no circumstance should Larkin be fighting. And it's mismanagement that there wasn't a McIlrath waiting there already.

What preceded the dynasty wings? The bruise bros Probert wings. That's the formula we need to a lesser extent.

IMHO the biggest mistake Yzerman has made so far was not re-signing Witkowski.

I'm not generally a fan that wants players that can *only* fight. I much prefer skill over grit. However, I tend to agree with you here. We simply don't have the horses to play a skilled game right now. We're not going to win many games. Might as well be entertained in these losses... Add some players that can muck it up, and stand up for the little talent we do have on the roster. I don't want Larkin and Mantha fighting. McIlrath is called up. Call BriseBois and trade Saarijarvi for Witkowski. F*** it! Bring in all the heavyweights...

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We need it.

This team is not going to be a "powerplay is our enforcer" level team for at the very least a few seasons if not more.

We absolutely need to supplement the current team with enforcers/grinders who can protect developing talent.

Under no circumstance should Larkin be fighting. And it's mismanagement that there wasn't a McIlrath waiting there already.

What preceded the dynasty wings? The bruise bros Probert wings. That's the formula we need to a lesser extent.

What team was more exciting to watch?

1985 Red Wings, or 2019 Red Wings?

50 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

The fights soothed our wounds back then.....

It also made opponents realize that Detroit wasn't going down without a fight (pun intended)...Now they're just docile lambs waiting to be slaughtered.

Edited by F.Michael

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We need it.

our powerplay is enforcing our odds on drafting Lafreniere

43 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I also made opponents realize that Detroit wasn't going down without a fight (pun intended)...Now they're just docile lambs waiting to be slaughtered.

The giving up 5-6 goal games will stop with fighters. We still might lose 3 to 1 or something, but I think the embarrassment for fans and players stops.

I hate Barnaby, but I was listening to an interview with him and he pretty much says if his team was down by 2 goals there's pretty much no way you're going to stop him from going out and picking a fight with someone. That's exactly what this team needs, and it can probably be added cheaply. It's about changing the narrative of the game and building confidence.

I think I'd rather see Witkowski and Brian McGrattan in Ehn and DLR's roster spots

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That's McIlrath's MO

Ericsson's MO for the last 10 years has been stand in front of Howard and give everyone the 1000 yard stare.

Yeah. But tell E to start using his size to knock guys off their skates or getback on the bus to GR. Maybe he toughens up.