• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/6 All Hands on Dreck GDT - Red Wings @ Rangers - 8:00 PM EST (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

36 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I mean except for the fact that in 40-50 years 75% of the state will be under water. But yeah, for now? Get to it. 

Get busy Floridaing or get busy dying.

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Except one is rooted in science and being relayed by the same people who tell you how to dress properly for the following day and whether or not you'll need an umbrella, and the other is based on a 3000 year old story some half drunk dinosaur told to the first friar of Celtic Italy and being relayed by people like Neo's aunt. 

I trust the Red Wings' power play more than I trust cLiMaTe ExPeRtS.

https://www.ihatethemedia.com/earth-day-predictions-of-1970-the-reason-you-should-not-believe-earth-day-predictions-of-2009

Griffins are playing right now. Seider's registered his 7th assist of the season. He seems to be a pretty natural PP QB.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

[cop movie]

ERICSSON: I'm just glad this is my last day on the job. Retirement is so close I can taste it. It's gonna be great being retired and having no concussion stuff to worry about.

LASHOFF: Amen, partner.

Lashoff just scored his 1st goal of the season. Ericsson is in the lineup.

https://theahl.com/stats/game-center/1019790

Don't tell me meme magic isn't real. Don't even try.

35 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Except one is rooted in science and being relayed by the same people who tell you how to dress properly for the following day and whether or not you'll need an umbrella, and the other is based on a 3000 year old story some half drunk dinosaur told to the first friar of Celtic Italy and being relayed by people like Neo's aunt. 

I don't doubt the science, it's the political existential conclusion "THE GREAT FLOOD WILL KILL US ALL IN 10 YEARS IF WE DON'T ATONE FOR OUR SINS" I doubt. As Dabs has pointed out this doomsday environmental fear mongering has gone on for quite a while now... and none of the cataclysmic results ever rear their head.

I do appreciate that the narrative has been changed to "climate change" as that at least is a lot more accurate.

In regards to flooding, something like 90% of glaciers are already submerged beneath the oceans surface. And solid ice displaces more water than liquid water. If they melted tomorrow we'd actually likely see water lines recede. The one to worry about is the Greenland ice shelves. Those are out of the water. But again, there's not enough volume their to make a significant global impact of any kind.

To keep typing when I should stop, historically warming is nearly always far more advantageous than cooling is. You look at the warmest periods in the earths climate and the landscape is dominated by rich mega fauna and almost literal explosion of species. Then you look at periods of cooling like the younger dryas and the results are reversed. So I don't automatically buy into warm = bad.

@MabusIncarnate we are simple and humble learned men of science here. No politic.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

To me, one of the more telling Seider stats: 4 penalty minutes through his first 12 (almost 13) North American pro games.

You'd expect a rookie (especially a just-turned-18 rookie) to be taking a ton of penalties, as he's very likely going to be overwhelmed by the pace and physicality of the pro game. It's a big adjustment. It's why many hockey people say the jump from the junior level to the AHL is often tougher than the jump from the AHL to the NHL. We saw it with Mantha. We saw it with Svechnikov. I wanna say we saw it with Hronek, but don't quote me on that.

Seider? Seider's played against men. And he's big. And he's mobile. And he's smart.

Praise be to Yzerman.

For anyone who missed it. The Russian 5 documentary is airing on NBC after tonight game. Worth the watch I promise.

Just now, Dabura said:

To me, one of the more telling Seider stats: 4 penalty minutes through his first 12 (almost 13) North American pro games.

You'd expect a rookie (especially a just-turned-18 rookie) to be taking a ton of penalties, as he's very likely going to be overwhelmed by the pace and physicality of the pro game. It's a big adjustment. It's why many hockey people say the jump from the junior level to the AHL is often tougher than the jump from the AHL to the NHL. We saw it with Mantha. We saw it with Svechnikov. I wanna say we saw it with Hronek, but don't quote me on that.

Seider? Seider's played against men. And he's big. And he's mobile. And he's smart.

Praise be to Yzerman.

You missed Larkin. Larkin is a habitual rule breaker and everyone lets it slide.

You wanna fix this team? The first step is putting Seider on it. Yzerman has failed me in this one regard.

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Griffins are playing right now. Seider's registered his 7th assist of the season. He seems to be a pretty natural PP QB.

Probably not the best timing for this comment... Seider was on the ice for two short-handed goals against today, as well as several other short-handed opportunities that Pickard had to come up big on... The first goal, he just got beat wide, almost like the player caught him off guard with his speed down the wing. The second goal, was just a terrible giveaway in the neutral zone on the attempted breakout... just sayin'...

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You missed Larkin. Larkin is a habitual rule breaker and everyone lets it slide.

I guess I look at Larkin as a slightly different case because he'd faced older, collegiate players with the US development program and as a collegiate player himself. And, of course, his wheels have always been op af, which allowed him to kinda overachieve a bit in his younger days. He surprised the NHL in his rookie season and then hit a brick wall and had to learn that speed alone wasn't going to be enough. And, actually, he was a penalty-taking machine last season. 75 PIM last season!

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Probably not the best timing for this comment... Seider was on the ice for two short-handed goals against today, as well as several other short-handed opportunities that Pickard had to come up big on... The first goal, he just got beat wide, almost like the player caught him off guard with his speed down the wing. The second goal, was just a terrible giveaway in the neutral zone on the attempted breakout... just sayin'...

Alas. The demon king giveth and the demon king taketh away.

(Note to self: Never praise Seider again.)

Edited by Dabura

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You wanna fix this team? The first step is putting Seider on it. Yzerman has failed me in this one regard.

This alone, is a big reason I think this team will see vast improvement from this season to next (when Seider makes the team full time).

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:(

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This alone, is a big reason I think this team will see vast improvement from this season to next (when Seider makes the team full time).

(USER WAS UNBANNED FOR THIS POST)

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Get busy Floridaing or get busy dying.

I trust the Red Wings' power play more than I trust cLiMaTe ExPeRtS.

https://www.ihatethemedia.com/earth-day-predictions-of-1970-the-reason-you-should-not-believe-earth-day-predictions-of-2009

Get outta here with ur alternative facts

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

cP3EKbN.jpg

HEY YO TROOBA
HERE'S ANOTHER PROPER TRACK, AND IT'S PHAT
WATCH THE SNIPE-AH, TIME TO PAY THE MANTHA
AND LET THAT REAL s*** PROVOKE
SO YOU'S A WANNABE RANGA, YOU'RE IN DANGA
I HOPE THAT YER FANS UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU TALKIN' BOUT FIGHTIN' ME
THESE SAME FIGHTS THAT YOU TALKIN' EXCITIN' ME
MOTHA f*** PANARIN
MOTHA f*** STROME
MOTHA f*** DEANGELO
YO, HERE COMES MY LEFT BLOW

This rendition of Real Mother ******* G's is brought to you by valuable company time

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't doubt the science, it's the political existential conclusion "THE GREAT FLOOD WILL KILL US ALL IN 10 YEARS IF WE DON'T ATONE FOR OUR SINS" I doubt. As Dabs has pointed out this doomsday environmental fear mongering has gone on for quite a while now... and none of the cataclysmic results ever rear their head.

I do appreciate that the narrative has been changed to "climate change" as that at least is a lot more accurate.

In regards to flooding, something like 90% of glaciers are already submerged beneath the oceans surface. And solid ice displaces more water than liquid water. If they melted tomorrow we'd actually likely see water lines recede. The one to worry about is the Greenland ice shelves. Those are out of the water. But again, there's not enough volume their to make a significant global impact of any kind.

To keep typing when I should stop, historically warming is nearly always far more advantageous than cooling is. You look at the warmest periods in the earths climate and the landscape is dominated by rich mega fauna and almost literal explosion of species. Then you look at periods of cooling like the younger dryas and the results are reversed. So I don't automatically buy into warm = bad.

@MabusIncarnate we are simple and humble learned men of science here. No politic.

It's science, not politics, I'll allow it as long as politics are kept out of it... until the game starts. Then it's hockey talk. 

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Lineup.jpg

AMxOXZ7.jpg

I NEVER MET A RED WING WHO NEVA DID s*** WRONG
YOU TRIED TO DISS THE MCILRATH SO NOW RANGERS IT'S ON
YOU AND YA LEMIEUX TURTLE THINK YALL SCORING s***

I'll stop now b4 Mabs gets here

Love that the masta blasta pair is a thing. Watch Hicks and Mc smoke these fools. Flying hip check from Hicketts, followed by McIlrath superman punching trooba into the stands.

EDIT: NVM mabs is here

Hey man, i'm like tupperware, i'll do my best to bend and flex but once the bottom breaks all the s*** is gonna come pouring out. Do your part in keeping LGW clean and chill and i'll do my part in keeping the mod tools in the trunk of my car. 

I'm removing the reference to the turtle donger. 

Love you guys. 

6 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Hey man, i'm like tupperware, i'll do my best to bend and flex but once the bottom breaks all the s*** is gonna come pouring out. Do your part in keeping LGW clean and chill and i'll do my part in keeping the mod tools in the trunk of my car. 

I'm removing the reference to the turtle donger. 

Love you guys. 

The mods n tha GDT are always hard...
Come talkin' that trash, and they...
Pull your turtle donger reference :confused:

"Larkin waffleboards it and Helm comes up with the puck."
"Carrying the puck now he sashays on through!"
"Oh and it's shot into the paraphernalia of Lundqvist, and it goes up and into the stands"
"Looks like a nice young lady from Shawinigan came up with it"
"Seems her birthday came 6 months early this year!"
"Haha and now we go to Pierre McGuire between the benches"
"How does everything look down there Pierre?"

"Thanks Doc, that shot came off the twig of DARREN HELM, a real staple of the Detroit Red Wings for many years now"
"A product of the Selkirk Steelers of the MJHL, but Helm actually grew up in Medicine Hat Alberta just down the road"
"Not many people know that, but I memorized it for some reason"
"Helm is actually the best player born in the month of january to come out of the MJHL"
"A real accomplishment, back to you Doc"

God I hate NBC