• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/6 All Hands on Dreck GDT - Red Wings @ Rangers - 8:00 PM EST (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

Just now, BringBack19 said:

Perlini has been good. I wonder what he would look like with Larkin, but obviously Helm has that spot locked down...

Helm hasn't played up there the past couple games, aside from maybe a shift or two tonight because they were rolling 11 forwards. The top line has been back together for the most part, with brick hands Erne occupying the other top six spot... But yes, I agree, Perlini should get a look in that spot. He's the full package (size, speed, skill), just hasn't been able to put it all together yet. Give him some capable linemates and see what he can do...

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL Your previous post made it seem like just because he won a faceoff, he brings value. Anyone can win a faceoff. ^ case in point above... He's not even particularly good at faceoffs...

Everyone: "Ehn sucks!"

Ehn wins a faceoff

Neo: "that's why Ehn doesn't suck..."

Ehn f***ing blows. He's a borderline NHLer, and he won't be playing in the NHL next season.

I was acknowledging a good play by a depth player. Its not like there's too much else to be positive about with this team. He's a 4th liner. Teams need those. Everyone hates on our depth players like they're supposed to be our 2002 4th line or something. Is Ehn special? Not at all. Is he replaceable? Obviously. But, as long as he does his job ( he does). Doesn't make any boneheaded mistakes (he doesnt). Then I dont know what more you want from ur depth players.

Just now, Dabura said:

What if we just pretend that the Wings won? Like...who's gonna stop us?

AND THE WINGS KEEP ON ROLLING

source.gif

Great performance by the whole team tonight, I'm glad the playoffs are starting in February this year, I cant wait to be there.

While you're enjoying The Russian 5, follow me down this path...

The metaphysical nature of what a food/dish/entree IS... is NOT determined by the ingredients, but by the construction.

Example: A sandwich is a sandwich because of the construction or design, not the ingredients. You could have all the same ingredients in a wrap, or a salad, but you wouldn't call those things a sandwich, therefore it follows that ingredients are incidental and are not intrinsic to the sandwiches nature... this is why we also call an ice cream sandwich a sandwich. It's cookies and ice cream, yet the design mimics a traditional sandwich and therefore that is what it IS. The ingredients don't matter.

I think this is a very reasonable and clear conclusion, and is easily accepted.

Now that you agree, lets push this concept further...

If ingredients don't matter we need to define the design of a sandwich. The design of a sandwich is essentially two base food items holding loosely together one or more food items you wish to enjoy. EZ.

Now lets branch out to other food designs...

A ravioli is essentially a square or cube-like structure design, with filling completely enclosed inside. Fair? I think so.

So if you're reading this and agree with these two very simple premises:

1. Ingredients are not a defining factor in the metaphysical nature of food
and
2. A ravioli is a cube structure containing a completely enclosed filling

Therefore, you must conclude that a pop-tart is a ravioli.

Thank you and you're welcome

2 hours ago, xault said:

I can't even be mad anymore. You've taken that away from me Red Wings, thanks.

I've lived and died with this team since the mid-90s. A Red Wings loss has always been a huge bummer to me. That loss to Anaheim earlier this season (our first loss of the season)? Pissed me the hell off. I was so mad at Bertuzzi for turning the puck over and letting the Ducks back in the game when the Wings had pretty much locked down the win.

Fast forward a month to now and I'm just numb. 25 years of being upset over every loss and it took this team just a few weeks to overwrite that fundamental part of my programming. That's how incredibly bad this team has been since that outstanding, cathartic win in Montreal.

I don't know how hardcore Wings fans survived the Dead Things era.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

While you're enjoying The Russian 5, follow me down this path...

The metaphysical nature of what a food/dish/entree IS... is NOT determined by the ingredients, but by the construction.

Example: A sandwich is a sandwich because of the construction or design, not the ingredients. You could have all the same ingredients in a wrap, or a salad, but you wouldn't call those things a sandwich, therefore it follows that ingredients are incidental and are not intrinsic to the sandwiches nature... this is why we also call an ice cream sandwich a sandwich. It's cookies and ice cream, yet the design mimics a traditional sandwich and therefore that is what it IS. The ingredients don't matter.

I think this is a very reasonable and clear conclusion, and is easily accepted.

Now that you agree, lets push this concept further...

If ingredients don't matter we need to define the design of a sandwich. The design of a sandwich is essentially two base food items holding loosely together one or more food items you wish to enjoy. EZ.

Now lets branch out to other food designs...

A ravioli is essentially a square or cube-like structure design, with filling completely enclosed inside. Fair? I think so.

So if you're reading this and agree with these two very simple premises:

1. Ingredients are not a defining factor in the metaphysical nature of food
and
2. A ravioli is a cube structure containing a completely enclosed filling

Therefore, you must conclude that a pop-tart is a ravioli.

Thank you and you're welcome

Hot dogs are tacos

9 hours ago, puckloo39 said:

there is nothing to make me think the situation will improve Friday vs Boston.

change my mind...

I hope Marchand gets into the holiday spirit and goes into the 'Nutcracker King Rat' mode ...Just submarine them all - take'em out at the knees...If anything it'll give me a good laugh.

9 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

This team is the 1992 Sharks, minus all the fighting majors.  

Pretty soon the number of people showing up for games at the LCA will mimic the capacity at the Cow Palace. 

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

I've lived and died with this team since the mid-90s. A Red Wings loss has always been a huge bummer to me. That loss to Anaheim earlier this season (our first loss of the season)? Pissed me the hell off. I was so mad at Bertuzzi for turning the puck over and letting the Ducks back in the game when the Wings had pretty much locked down the win.

Fast forward a month to now and I'm just numb. 25 years of being upset over every loss and it took this team just a few weeks to overwrite that fundamental part of my programming. That's how incredibly bad this team has been since that outstanding, cathartic win in Montreal.

I don't know how hardcore Wings fans survived the Dead Things era.

Pretty simple

Here is the lineup based on allocated ice time:

1. Larkin - 2. Bertuzzi - 3. Mantha
4. Athanasiou - 5. Filppula - 6. Perlini <----- Perlini is indeed getting top6 ice time
7. Glendening - 8. Nielsen - 9. Hirose
10. Abdelkader - 11. Helm - 12. Ehn <------- Helm is not getting the ice time everyone seems to think he is
13. Erne - 14. Smith - 15. Svechnikov <----- Erne is not getting the ice time everyone seems to think he is

1. Hronek - 2. Dekeyser
3. Green - 4. Nemeth
5. Hicketts - 6. Cholowski <--------------------- Hicketts is better than Cholo confirmed
7. Bowey - 8. Daley <---------------------------- Daley and Bowey really aren't playing that much
9. Biega - 10. McIlrath <------------------------- Biega isn't playing that much

Blashill is saner than I thought

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Here is the lineup based on allocated ice time:

1. Larkin - 2. Bertuzzi - 3. Mantha
4. Athanasiou - 5. Filppula - 6. Perlini <----- Perlini is indeed getting top6 ice time
7. Glendening - 8. Nielsen - 9. Hirose
10. Abdelkader - 11. Helm - 12. Ehn <------- Helm is not getting the ice time everyone seems to think he is
13. Erne - 14. Smith - 15. Svechnikov <----- Erne is not getting the ice time everyone seems to think he is

1. Hronek - 2. Dekeyser
3. Green - 4. Nemeth
5. Hicketts - 6. Cholowski <--------------------- Hicketts is better than Cholo confirmed
7. Bowey - 8. Daley <---------------------------- Daley and Bowey really aren't playing that much
9. Biega - 10. McIlrath <------------------------- Biega isn't playing that much

Blashill is saner than I thought

Average ice time doesn't have much to do with where players are slotted in the lineup though. I don't care if our 4th line gets played a bit more than our 3rd line some nights, or our 3rd line gets played a bit more than our 2nd line some nights. What I care about is slotting players together that compliment one another... I also don't want to see guys that have zero skill, playing in the top six, while players with skill, get weighed down by the worst bottom six in the entire league.

Perlini may be getting top six minutes, but he sure as hell isn't playing with top six forwards (aside from a scattered shift). Erne has been playing in our top six and shouldn't be anywhere close to that. Erne sucks offensively. Put him on the 4th line. Perlini is good offensively. Put him in the top six. It's really not that hard...