• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/6 All Hands on Dreck GDT - Red Wings @ Rangers - 8:00 PM EST (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I do. I think, assuming he comes back to North America, he will be a very good top six winger. He has all the tools, good skater, good hands, decent shot (right-handed), good vision... If he puts it all together, I think he'll be a better all-around player than Athanasiou...

He's a real beauty

e6g3fcX.jpg

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Supposedly Stevie and Ken are there right now, along with over 100 NHL scouts. Poolpartys gonna move soon.

So do we have confirmation on Yzerman being present at the tournament? I'd seen the rumors in Finnish media about him planning to attend and I'd seen people suggesting he was there to talk with Holland about Puljujarvi. But, y'know, grain of salt and all that.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I do. I think, assuming he comes back to North America, he will be a very good top six winger. He has all the tools, good skater, good hands, decent shot (right-handed), good vision... If he puts it all together, I think he'll be a better all-around player than Athanasiou...

Glad to get your take on this. Admittedly, I haven't seen much of the guy. I know he scored at a crazy-good clip in the Liiga and international tourney play in his draft season, so I've always assumed there must be some serious deficiency in his game that's been exposed at the North American pro level. Like Martin Frk on steroids or something. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like Edmonton just hasn't been a good fit.

I guess that would be my biggest concern with him -- that if he can't produce with McDavid (I don't know if he's spent any time on his wing or not) or any of the other Oilers centermen...I'm not sure what we could offer him in the way of superior talent. Maybe it's more of a needs-more-playing-time thing?

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Glad to get your take on this. Admittedly, I haven't seen much of the guy. I know he scored at a crazy-good clip in the Liiga and international tourney play in his draft season, so I've always assumed there must be some serious deficiency in his game that's been exposed at the North American pro level. Like Martin Frk on steroids or something. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like Edmonton just hasn't been a good fit.

I guess that would be my biggest concern with him -- that if he can't produce with McDavid (I don't know if he's spent any time on his wing or not) or any of the other Oilers centermen...I'm not sure what we could offer him in the way of superior talent. Maybe it's more of a needs-more-playing-time thing?

To be clear, the amount of full games I've watched Puljujarvi play in the past few years have been limited. I'm not pretending to know much outside of the scouting reports and articles I've read and clips I've seen. He's still only 21 years old, and is a former 4th overall pick though. The potential is definitely there. But in saying that, it is still just potential at this point, so maybe Athanasiou straight up is a bit rich. I'm sure Holland would love to have a player like AA on McDavid's wing, especially in exchange for a player that is demanding out...

19 minutes ago, Dabura said:

So do we have confirmation on Yzerman being present at the tournament? I'd seen the rumors in Finnish media about him planning to attend and I'd seen people suggesting he was there to talk with Holland about Puljujarvi. But, y'know, grain of salt and all that.

Yeah I seen the same finn rumors that's all. Armstrong and Stevie may have done the Fabbri deal in Finnland for all we know.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

To be clear, the amount of full games I've watched Puljujarvi play in the past few years have been limited. I'm not pretending to know much outside of the scouting reports and articles I've read and clips I've seen. He's still only 21 years old, and is a former 4th overall pick though. The potential is definitely there. But in saying that, it is still just potential at this point, so maybe Athanasiou straight up is a bit rich. I'm sure Holland would love to have a player like AA on McDavid's wing, especially in exchange for a player that is demanding out...

OK, cool. :thumbup:

The thought of a 1-for-1 AA-JP swap gives me anxiety. High potential for regret there, I think.

IMO, the Oilers need an AA bad enough that, if these trade talks are a thing, Yzerman should be pushing hard for EDM's 2020 1st in addition to JP. We don't need to move AA; Holland *does* need to move JP (apparently) and he *does* need to bring in legit scoring help that can help the Oilers right now.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

The thought of a 1-for-1 AA-JP swap gives me anxiety. High potential for regret there, I think.

IMO, the Oilers need an AA bad enough that, if these trade talks are a thing, Yzerman should be pushing hard for EDM's 2020 1st in addition to JP. We don't need to move AA; Holland *does* need to move JP (apparently) and he *does* need to bring in legit scoring help that can help the Oilers right now.

AA + 2nd (Wash) for JP and a (lotto protected) 1st

Get er done Kenny. 

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Start with the 1st. Settle for a 2nd...

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Get er done Kenny. 

Or this.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Start with the 1st. Settle for a 2nd...

drake-hotline-bling-jacket-moncler.png

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Get er done Kenny. 

drake-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZPnXlBHEd

...Except, get rid of that lotto protection.

I guess throwing a bunch of conditions on the pick in question would be an alternative.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Yzerman is dealing from a position of strength. Holland has the low ground. History tells us that that isn't good for Holland. I would expect SY to get the way better return in that deal. Like bent over a barrel kinda deal.

44 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Some real brick head scoundrel is arguing with me over there... So naturally I thought it might be you

Also his name is Rzombo4prez

:lol:

That m*****f*****. I swear it's not me. I only have enough energy/time/crazy for one silly fam.